1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 20 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 13 hours, 37 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue/Ninja Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    Judging by the massive numbers Ninjutsu was putting out I'm gonna guess that the STR = Magic Damage for NIN thing was a mistranslation. Given 360*1.5 for the Crit Raiton doing 1154, a crit sneak attack should theoretically be pushing 1600+. Add to the fact that he doesn't have the new ilvl130 weapons and I could easily see NIN pushing close to 2k with it's stronger moves on crit.
    I've done several sneak attacks over 2k. We should hopefully see some 2.5-3k with 130 gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm sure most know this already but Mug's English tooltip is wrong. You don't need to get the killshot to get the extra loot, you simply don't have to miss. I wonder if this can have an effect on primal drops like the Levin Orb?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Kept seeing the extra loot proc even after using Mug early on, wasn't sure if working as intended or glitching. Good to know it's the former.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    I've done several sneak attacks over 2k. We should hopefully see some 2.5-3k with 130 gear.
    God damn. Best spike damage in the game, but MNK should always prevail straight up over time. Can't wait to finish the job now.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So, is there ever any reason to use the higher potency sata besides seeing big numbers? I'd imagine 10% more damage from everyone for 10s would more than make up the loss in potency.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

TA is execute from behind, and to get 10% bonus, it needs to be executed from behind, so no choice on that

SA is for solo so it doesnt matter if you kill fodder 1 sec faster

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

SA makes my epeen feel good, thats about the only reason lol

Anyone else notice Dancing Edge doesn't have an actual flank requirement for the combo damage.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

maybe thats why the maint?............

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    maybe thats why the maint?............
    Maybe, but probably not the sole reason. I had figured it was because of people desynthing the best man outfits for demimateria.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Something something chocobo's locked in stables and cannot be summoned something. Nice to see Ninja is pushing healthy numbers however I wouldn't depend on your hide combo attack(idk what it is) working in raid content because the bosses detect you and remove the hide effect.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

as if DRG needed more nails in the coffin D: not even the best burst anymore

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Nice to see Ninja is pushing healthy numbers however I wouldn't depend on your hide combo attack(idk what it is) working in raid content because the bosses detect you and remove the hide effect.
    I'm pretty sure it's that being in combat removes hidden (and disables its use), because there've been a few times where I hide, an enemy sees me at the last second, and then I lose the buff. Bosses remove hidden because it doesn't affect them, and it just does proximity aggro as if you weren't hidden, and then being in combat is what pops you out of it.

That said, Suiton doesn't grant you Hidden, rather it removes the Hide requirement from abilities, like Perfect Balance does for Monk stances. It should be plenty reliable in raid content.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Seeing all this info coming out makes me all the more pumped for finishing this.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Something something chocobo's locked in stables and cannot be summoned something. Nice to see Ninja is pushing healthy numbers however I wouldn't depend on your hide combo attack(idk what it is) working in raid content because the bosses detect you and remove the hide effect.
    Hide combo will work on Boss in coil, because you wonn't be counted in battle till you touch the mob or get hit by AOE

so Before pull use hide, let tank pull, go in front, Sneak attack

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Hide combo will work on Boss in coil, because you wonn't be counted in battle till you touch the mob or get hit by AOE

so Before pull use hide, let tank pull, go in front, Sneak attack
    Doesn't work like that. If you are in a party with the tank and he pulls a non-trash mob, you get revealed.

BG Level

??? I was able to sneak attack dungeon bosses like that unless dungeons bosses count as trash mobs

BG Level

Also does the rabbit only appear if you mess up?

Because when i did the Katon job quest, I did my maoeuvers correctly (Katon Icon poped on ninjustsu) but I still got the rabbit

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I've most definitely used hide in a dungeon while the rest of my group was in combat.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Also does the rabbit only appear if you mess up?

Because when i did the Katon job quest, I did my maoeuvers correctly (Katon Icon poped on ninjustsu) but I still got the rabbit
    Well then you didnt do it right! You also cant do any other skills during ninjutsu cast.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast