1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 4 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 5 hours, 38 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue/Ninja Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Hide combo will work on Boss in coil, because you wonn't be counted in battle till you touch the mob or get hit by AOE

so Before pull use hide, let tank pull, go in front, Sneak attack
    Doesnt work like that. Against bosses, as soon as the boss is engaged your hide is removed. At least thats what happened when I fought Garuda-X

Edit: oops beaten

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Well then you didnt do it right! You also cant do any other skills during ninjutsu cast.
    Ok but If I didn't do it right why did the Ninjutsu icon changed to Katon?

You probably double tapped or something.

Ninjutsu can be weird with the animation delay on Mudras, the ninjutsu doesn't change to the corresponding spell until the mudra animation is complete, and in the time it takes the animation to happen you could have used another mudra.

ie. While trying to use Raiton I've done Ten->Chi->Ninjutsu but I hit ninjutsu before the Chi animation was totally done and the Fuma Shuriken animation began to happen, then cancelled itself as the Chi animation finished, then I could Raiton.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Ok but If I didn't do it right why did the Ninjutsu icon changed to Katon?
    Did you cast it when it was the Katon icon? Sometimes its laggy and you think you hit, then go do another skill before realizing that it didnt actually go off, and by then its now a bunny

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

And here I was hoping that I could just do a random mudra in between every single gcd just to be cool. So if you accidentally hit your mudras while ninjutsu still isn't up you're going to get thumpity'd no matter what unless you do nothing until it's up?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    And here I was hoping that I could just do a random mudra in between every single gcd just to be cool. So if you accidentally hit your mudras while ninjutsu still isn't up you're going to get thumpity'd no matter what unless you do nothing until it's up?
    Mudras and Ninjutsu share the same recast

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ah, good. I won't have to worry about that then. I wish I could get more time to level. Between work and raiding I'm barely 20 after 2 days.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Biggest complaint for Ninja at the moment: all the debuff/DoT icons look the same.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I think the discrepancy with Hide working or not working on bosses is people comparing it to level 50+ bosses as opposed to regular leveling dungeon bosses. The "Doesn't work on enemies 10 levels above you" tooltip line makes me think that the ?? Level enemies from most endgame boss areas means they are beyond the scope of Hide working. Has there been an occurrence of Hide not working on regular dungeon bosses like in Darkhold or Cutter's Cry?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I believe it works in dungeons. But I honestly didnt use it that much /badninja

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If you don't attack mobs/bosses in dungeons you don't go on their hate list. When you're in a raid and anyone aggros the boss everyone goes into battle. This is how it's always been, hasn't it?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    If you don't attack mobs/bosses in dungeons you don't go on their hate list. When you're in a raid and anyone aggros the boss everyone goes into battle. This is how it's always been, hasn't it?
    First Coil wasn't like that, but Second, and Final are. They talked about it when they were going to make stoneskin AoE out of combat, and how they thought it would be broken in First Coil, since a healer wouldn't necessarily be aggroed immediately.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Biggest complaint for Ninja at the moment: all the debuff/DoT icons look the same.
    having a blast with nin now and getting used to it

but this is one fucking thing i cant seem to get use to-_-

they need to look more obvious and different >.>

i spend alot of time staring which debuff is which on turn 11........

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For reference on how similar they are:

Mutilation isnt -too- bad, its the other two I mix up a lot

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prince Purrcival
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    I think the discrepancy with Hide working or not working on bosses is people comparing it to level 50+ bosses as opposed to regular leveling dungeon bosses. The "Doesn't work on enemies 10 levels above you" tooltip line makes me think that the ?? Level enemies from most endgame boss areas means they are beyond the scope of Hide working. Has there been an occurrence of Hide not working on regular dungeon bosses like in Darkhold or Cutter's Cry?
    I can confirm that my Hide got immediately removed the moment when the Tank engaged the final boss of Halatali Normal (Tangeta). I remember it pretty specifically since it was my first dungeon run on ROG, and because every trash pack he pulled I would always Hide and engage with Sneak Attack and it worked fine. But for the Boss it never worked.

I was even standing very far, like on the otherside of the Arena and was Hiding way before engaging. That boss is also listed as being lv.20, and I was lv.23 sync.

So.... yea....

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Ayer View Post
    First Coil wasn't like that, but Second, and Final are. They talked about it when they were going to make stoneskin AoE out of combat, and how they thought it would be broken in First Coil, since a healer wouldn't necessarily be aggroed immediately.
    I don't know why that would be relevant, since once you AOEskin the group, you just casted a buff on a member who is in combat, thus now you are on the monster's hate list.

But you got to cast one AoE stoneskin during combat and it only required you to do the fight with 7 people for however long was necessary.

see: retarded excuse

Even more retarded now that bosses auto-aggro the whole party, so it's not even a potential issue any more.

It's soooo hard trying to condition myself to just trust the game when it comes to executing Mudras, I'm so used to having to double check executing actions but with them you can't because the recasts are so short that pressing it twice is just gonna fuck you.

I find it helps to just press the buttons I know are the correct sequence and not even look at the icons and the recast animation, cause it just fills me with doubt that they're not gonna go thru properly (even tho they are).

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Kinda glad I'm slowish on the mashing. Playing WAR helped me really slow down instead of facerolling the keys. I've only messed up and gotten Lagomorph once.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

did few hours in t11 as NIN, getting a hang of it, i109 with i110 weapon doing 420+ dps avg

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast