1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 49 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue/Ninja Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

SO what are they doing on a dummy compared to monk? Cause if their dps is not better or equal to monk I aint fuckin with it/

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

ACT doesn't pick up all of their dots atm or something so won't be 100% accurate.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    SO what are they doing on a dummy compared to monk? Cause if their dps is not better or equal to monk I aint fuckin with it/
    Ninja raise the entire parties dps too because trick attack applies that 10% added dmg debuff. It's only 10s but just 10s during the start of the fight is pretty sweet, and for some fights it will be like a full min of dmg boost.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah that is good, do you think stacking them would be useful then? Can you stack the buff too? That would be good for any other dps to pop raging or get foe + Ninja buffs.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I assume if 2 NIN tried to apply TA, one would just refresh it. But yeah I'm not seeing a lot of reason NIN-stacking wouldn't work.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

1xWar 1xHealer 6xNinja, 10% damage increase up at all times!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Inb4 Virus-style Antibody bullshit on Trick gets hotfixed.

Btw it amused (see: infuriated) me to see that a year's worth of rested bonus lasted me all the way to level 8.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, since it works on % of levels I really wish they'd allow us to not use rested for like the first 10 levels or something.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i did 410 DPS on dummy with 110 weapon

not even mastered rotation yet + dancing edge is a pain in the ass to apply and hurts DPS

in a real situation storms eye will always be up for us so........

overall, very awesome job, also like someone mentioned, goad will help your brd increase DPS and also 10s of 10% reduction buff helps whole PT

downside is, your finger will grow blisters very soon, ninjitsu is a very fine line of success and failure if your going for perfect casts...

What kind of stats are people preferring so far on NIN? Besides capping ACC, are people choosing Crit>Det or Det>Crit? Anyone also want to share their hotbar setups? :D

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Can anyone clarify Wasp Venom versus Viper Venom? When you hover over them on your skill bar, both say "increases damage dealt by x%" but if you hover over them on the buff bar, Wasp Venom says "damage dealt is increase" while Viper Venom says "Physical damage dealt is increased."

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Can anyone clarify Wasp Venom versus Viper Venom? When you hover over them on your skill bar, both say "increases damage dealt by x%" but if you hover over them on the buff bar, Wasp Venom says "damage dealt is increase" while Viper Venom says "Physical damage dealt is increased."
    There's that, and the fact that Kiss of the Wasp changes Jugulate's Silence to Stun, and Kiss of the Viper changes Mug effect from +X% droprate to absorb 50% HP.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

They also modify mug and jugulate; which the more important factor.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Right, but I meant the inconsistent tool tips; the tool tips imply both Wasp and Viper venom affect both magical and physical damage (by merely saying "damage dealt"), but the buff bars imply Viper Venom in fact only affects Physical damage. I just curious if it's merely a mistranslation/typo on Viper Venom's case.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prince Purrcival
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Right, but I meant the inconsistent tool tips; the tool tips imply both Wasp and Viper venom affect both magical and physical damage (by merely saying "damage dealt"), but the buff bars imply Viper Venom in fact only affects Physical damage. I just curious if it's merely a mistranslation/typo on Viper Venom's case.
    There seems to be alot of mistranslation/typo issues on ROG/NIN tooltips.

According to this reddit thread
    Quote Originally Posted by In regards to the Kiss differences
    In Japanese the buff says the same thing for both.
    与えダメージが上昇した状態
    Which means damage dealt. Not really specific on if it's just physical.
    I also just checked the french version and the sentence structure is different on both, but both skills just mention "bonus de dégâts" (bonus damage) without indicating physical or magical.

On top of this:
    • Shadowstalker Trait flat out is missing the text mentioning that it increases Sneak Attack damage and apparently doesn't increase movespeed at all while hidden (which explains why I was so confused by the 10% increase I mentioned earlier)
    • Dancing Edge apparently does not require Flank position at all

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The buff tooltips coincide with the tooltips on the bar so not a mistake. This however makes it interesting, I'd assume Kiss of the Viper does nothing for Ninjutsu damage at all while Wasp affects the base damage. Mayhap Viper just works in such a way that you can retain some of your DPS while having an absorb HP attack?

Edit: Nevermind, didn't see the lvl 40 trait for Viper.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I assume the reason to use Viper or wasp is depending if you need stun or silence, otherwise it doens't mather much

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Sorry if I skimmed it, but has a general rotation been set up for Ninja yet?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Don't think it matters either way since all damage you can do on Rogue/Ninja is physical.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast