+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Informed Voting     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    My vote would also be a throw away vote in NC.
    Your democrat senator is leading, by 1 point out side the margin of error.

Whichever way you lean, you should definitely vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    this is...

fuck I don't want to actually make this political ><

but this is a big thing a certain party is trying all over the country in order to institute regressive taxation to cover their asses on the massive tax cuts for the rich going on everywhere they have control
    At least you made up for this post, just slightly, with your next post.

Still, don't paint everything with such a broad brush. Saying something is basically true EVERYWHERE is nearly the same as saying 'always', which usually winds up being wrong at least once. Probably not a good thing if you're trying to convince people you won't be biased; gotta hold back.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Your democrat senator is leading, by 1 point out side the margin of error.

Whichever way you lean, you should definitely vote.
    I meant based on the results. My % of accuracy is with the 3rd person in that race, not the Republican nor the Democrat. And even then it was only a 65% match. Hagan was something like 60% and Tillis was around 20%.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync View Post
    At least you made up for this post, just slightly, with your next post.

Still, don't paint everything with such a broad brush. Saying something is basically true EVERYWHERE is nearly the same as saying 'always', which usually winds up being wrong at least once. Probably not a good thing if you're trying to convince people you won't be biased; gotta hold back.
    Yeah I'm just gonna leave that be.

Sorry, caught me on an issue I'm particularly pissy on because while virtually all of my money is spent inside Wichita, and will be affected if the ballot measure here passes, I live a couple miles past the line where I would actually get to vote on it. Pisses me off.

edit: first part came off wrong, I just mean I'm not going to argue, if a mod wants to delete that post or something it's fine

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I spent so much time going over the local measures here, reading editorials and such. Think I finally sorted everything out. The really shitty thing is I live right on a border of a town, so while i'm part of a city, the city's PD doesn't even cover us, it's the county sheriff. I hate having to make decisions on what I feel is best for people when the decision won't even have an impact on me. Hell the Mayor's race there's not even any vote for so and so signs out here as I'm technically in no man's land.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I spent so much time going over the local measures here, reading editorials and such. Think I finally sorted everything out. The really shitty thing is I live right on a border of a town, so while i'm part of a city, the city's PD doesn't even cover us, it's the county sheriff. I hate having to make decisions on what I feel is best for people when the decision won't even have an impact on me. Hell the Mayor's race there's not even any vote for so and so signs out here as I'm technically in no man's land.
    I understand. I am 2 blocks from Portland, 4 blocks from Metzger(Metzger is actually Beaverton jurisdiction), and 1 block from Tigard. I don't get to use the community centers, pools, or high school facilities in any of those cities. But I have to pay taxes for them. I don't get to vote for any laws, funding or candidates for local offices, but I have to abide by the results of those laws, etc. 'Tis some bullshit! At least I get to vote for Governor and Washington County sheriff!

Welcome to the beautiful part of having a democracy with free speech, y'all. If you care enough, you can try to and potentially change it. Many other people in the world don't have such a system--maybe you should personally make efforts to be involved and put forth your own interests and those of your community (as the writers of the Constitution instead), instead of bitching about it on a message board.

While I can "feel bad" for you bros that you're in this situation from people in generations before you, I don't actually feel bad unless you're trying to make change.