1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 49 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 35 of 575 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Enjoy this T8 tower macro. Arrange party list so #2 and #3 are the two healers.

Code:
    Tower 1 [AoE+Dread] > <2> AoE x1
    Tower 2 [AoE+Mines] > <3> Mines x2
    Tower 3 [AoE+Dread] > <2> AoE x1
    Tower 4 [AoE+Mines] > <3> Mines x2
    Tower 5 [Mines+Dread] > Skipped
    Tower 6 [AoE+AoE+Mines] > Tank AoE x2 then x1 after Field detonates, <2> AoE x1
    Tower 7 [AoE+Mines+Dread] > <2> AoE x2, <3> Mines x1

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Turned MNK, DRG, and PLD's relics to atma stage while working on NIN's Novus.

.....help

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did low lvl on my cnj and I get a tank for copperbell who just sprints and runs into everything. Never used flash once and had to have the rog help get hate off me at times. THM we had was just as retarded.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I had the same kind of tank today in HL roulette (derped and clicked HL instead of Expert). Almost never used Flash, often used Rage of Halone out of combo. Luckily, the BLM's rotation included Freeze instead of Flare (he was probably roleplaying an Ice Mage) and the DRG was behind me in terms of DPS, so they were relatively safe from harm and only managed to get hate a few times each. I ended up tanking half of SV HM on SCH.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by The47thSen View Post
    I joined a friend's T8 learning party during the weekend. It seems like the current fad now is for ST and 1 DPS to handle all tower mechanics. Everyone else please just stand still (unless bard). Ballistic is up to healers and ST. When we eventually cleared it, we did it with 4 melees, 1 monk 3 nins. Two of the nins were my friends on sub jobs and they basically took over both the bard and ST's position. Didn't parse but it's fair to say they outputted the most DPS too. We almost managed to skip w4 whereas previously skipping w5 was hit or miss.
    Maybe I am derping hard, but what the hell is ST?

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sub Tank, that's how japanese players refer to what we call offtank.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ah, ok thanks.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ST - Syrcus Tower, Sub Tank, Single Target, Solo Tank

What a fun couple letters.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    ST - Syrcus Tower, Sub Tank, Single Target, Solo Tank

What a fun couple letters.
    There's a guy in my FC that insists on calling Qarn "ST" because it's "Sunken Temple of Qarn", despite how every time he mentions it there's someone on who hasn't heard him say it before.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Even when people say "Sunken Temple" I sometimes have to think for a sec to get what they mean.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teia Rabishu
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Is "Qarn" really that hard to type or something?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

People DFing into T6 or T7 completely blind to the fight and not saying a word about it, while continually failing Shriek/Adds/Blight/Devour and causing a wipe.
    Being the turbocasual I am, I don't really care if people are new, and I'd rather they did watch a video or something first and if not whatever, but if you didn't just say something so someone can explain mechanics or whatever and not completely waste everyone else's time because you're afraid the big mean elitists will kick you for being new or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Or they can't speak English lol. I often meet people that keep silently failing and after someone goes on a long rant they finally say "sorry no English"

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

T6 DF
    First wipe = someone got confused between single target line of sight or group move
    Second wipe = Boss down to 2% (a nin died at 20%)
    1 guy quits
    Everyone else quits

fucking hiveminds

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Doing Turn-5 DF and it's not going terrible at all.

WHM: can I get ballad when my mp gets below 25%.
    BRD: ask
    WHM: i shouldn't have to ask *quits*
    *everyone starts dropping*

IDIOTS. EVERYWHERE.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teia Rabishu
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by agrotc View Post
    People DFing into T6 or T7 completely blind to the fight and not saying a word about it, while continually failing Shriek/Adds/Blight/Devour and causing a wipe.
    Being the turbocasual I am, I don't really care if people are new, and I'd rather they did watch a video or something first and if not whatever, but if you didn't just say something so someone can explain mechanics or whatever and not completely waste everyone else's time because you're afraid the big mean elitists will kick you for being new or something.
    I just legitimately don't understand the mentality behind "I haven't watched any videos or even read any text strategies for how to do this fight." For trash content, expert dungeons, etc, sure, okay, but when you're talking about Coil or EX primals or things where the mechanics actually matter, it's just baffling to me how people think they can wing it. Frankly, it's outright disrespectful because it means you're just wasting everyone's time if you try that.

"But videos are only for tryhard elitists" yeah no there's a difference between a casual and a scrub and that's a scrub mentality if I ever saw one.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Narol View Post
    I just legitimately don't understand the mentality behind "I haven't watched any videos or even read any text strategies for how to do this fight." For trash content, expert dungeons, etc, sure, okay, but when you're talking about Coil or EX primals or things where the mechanics actually matter, it's just baffling to me how people think they can wing it. Frankly, it's outright disrespectful because it means you're just wasting everyone's time if you try that.

"But videos are only for tryhard elitists" yeah no there's a difference between a casual and a scrub and that's a scrub mentality if I ever saw one.
    Personally, and this is just a personal preference thing, I only avoid watching videos when going with my group of close friends because they know I prefer to learn encounters without outside help. Its just more fun for me.
    When I go DF/PF or whatever else outside of a certain circle of people, best believe I've brushed up on the fight before going in. (But this is another reason I rarely branch out.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that its not always necessarily that someone thinks its for tryhards.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Personnal rant. People getting Mad and scared and everything about the 100 soldiery message.

Yesterday we farm T7, get 4-5 kills no problem (but people are idiots). Someone has to leave and we get a BLM that pop the 100 soldiery message on next enter. Leader starts complaining. IT'S A FARM WHY DO YOU HAVE THE MESSAGE GODAMN. And I convince the leader to continue.

Anyway that run went really bad BLM did awsome, parsed first never got hit by shriek or shit like that till the end.

Fast forwar to last phase. Healers gets hit by Petrifaction (because deactivating auto face target is hard), But anyway we don't die. By mistake the BLM Shrieks us and apoligized, he says i'm sorry I made a mistake, i forgot to run and all (really beeing honest).

We finish by wiping because healers gets petrifaction and gets voice and and petrify most of the group and blah blah.

Leader goes emo and ask to kick the BLM which i refuse, saying look he apologized it's fine and all. Healers starts fighting with me saying that Petrification didn't kill the group while the Shriek did, and it's the BLM fault blah blah. To do my job and STFU i'm just a tank

all ends with me and the blm beeing kicked

I swear people

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teia Rabishu
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Worst part is that despite the soldiery message being overwhelmingly used to shun people, SE's official stance on the matter is "lol who cares in our little world it motivates people to help newbies so deal with it."

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If SE doesn't want people to get shunned by the message, they need to adjust the rewards to make it really enticing. TERA had it's own newbie buff (Fairy that followed you around) that all players had for the first 10 runs of a dungeon that increased the drop rate of all loot in the dungeon by 50% and was one free reraise. You best believe people would carry the fuck out of newbies to use up their buff.

Closed Thread
Page 35 of 575 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast