1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Oh and since it wasn't mentioned, don't get the naga mouse if you are looking to upgrade.

It is an amazing mouse in theory, but it doesn't last. Four of my friends, hubby, and myself all got one around the same time. Mine was the last to survive after about a year and a half.

Hubby and I switched to the g600. I still like the naga's layout better, but the g600 seems more solid.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Looking for some tips Gamepad/Keyboard/Mouse 2 questions inside

My keybinds for the G13 are very similar to yours Ksandra. Basic numpad in the center with other stuff I use around it.

The stick for movement is very precise and basically works identical to a gamepad. The ability to map buttons where you want is such a strength in twitch games I'm not sure how everyone hasn't already moved to gameboards for PC gaming.

Nagas are constructed too flimsy imo. I still have an epic lying around but the G600 replaced it last christmas based solely on using a single piece of software to navigate all my keybinds. Synapse was troublesome for me and yanked me away from Razer because of it.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Oh and since it wasn't mentioned, don't get the naga mouse if you are looking to upgrade.

It is an amazing mouse in theory, but it doesn't last. Four of my friends, hubby, and myself all got one around the same time. Mine was the last to survive after about a year and a half.

Hubby and I switched to the g600. I still like the naga's layout better, but the g600 seems more solid.
    It's funny since this is my general experience with Logitech. I went through about 5 mouse replacements from them before I said screw it and rolled the dice with Razer since I couldn't find any other gaming hardware vendors.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you buy the KB/M bind strafe left and right to A and D.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

What does that accomplish?

I rarely customize controls.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Funny, I switched from Logitech ( 2 MX Revolutions, 1 MX Peformance ) to Razr Naga because of build quality. TBH, it's only 1 thing that kept messing up, and the Naga has the same issue, that is the stupid clicker would wear out after a few months of DOTA / LoL and end up not working properly. Both companies hard to solder it to the base board which makes it hard to replace, possible, but I'm not really good with electronics.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

If you go just KB and mouse you can remap the Q, E, R, F, Z, X, C keys to get some extra, easy access keys on your hotbars.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Chiming in, I use the G13+Naga combo, picked them up for Tera and never looked back. I've never had any hardware issues with either of them, and would recommend both to anyone. Huge step up from controller or keyboard.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

When i use kb/m combo i move the movement keys to S E D F. Allows me to use more keybinds near my fingers

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

How easy is it to access to 2 buttons near the Joystick with the thunb?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    How easy is it to access to 2 buttons near the Joystick with the thunb?
    really easy, that's why I put control and alt there so I can use it constantly to go to the different macro palettes.

As a note: When you first get it, you are probably gonna feel like it's awkward as shit. Give it like a week, and you'll never want to look back once you get the hang of it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pabsteh Hirayama
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

The Razor nostromo is actually about hand size so most of the buttons are easy to reach where as the G13 is a bit wider. But I liked the G13 more since it feels like your hand is at rest.
    picture for reference!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/6sAcJhcDlTE/maxresdefault.jpg

I use a Razer Nostromo + X-Ray Thunder8