+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Assuming the ws dmg only works on the first hit... probably shit
    So for things like Fudo, would it beat Ifrit/+1?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by fatty View Post
    So for things like Fudo, would it beat Ifrit/+1?
    With capped fstr/pdif only 1 hit no other +ws gear yeah it wins by a bit. Uncapped fstr/pdif and DA proc it would probably be close.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    A quick look at the idiocy over there and I'm sure you'd get rebanned quick... serious it looks like a few people trolling for no more rings like this is a smart move on SE. Hooray for going back to only playing 1-2 jobs but instead of it being because the game is new and you don't have many leveled and geared it will be because reward stuff. Cmon it doesn't matter most people only have 1 "main" job already (what is this 2004?)
    Shut up you phony, the game is perfectly balanced.
    God bless Matsui for these terrific choices, such as this one.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Shut up you phony, the game is perfectly balanced.
    God bless Matsui for these terrific choices, such as this one.
    Afania is that you!?!

Campaign
    BG Level

Damn, you caught me :'(

* The help text for the Vocane ring erroneously reads “Damage taken II -3%” instead of “Damage taken -7%.”
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Version-Update

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

One less ring to pick from then.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ring goes from situationally awesome to sidegrade of stuff that has been out for years /sigh. Upside now my main might actually get the pet ring lol

And they put in a bayld sink from hell by letting you swap choices- for 300K bayld.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I dont get how an error of that magnitude can happen. Only thing I can think of is that they originally were going to do the DTII-3 ring, then Tanaka called them up and said "bad idea, must baransu", and they changed it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm guessing that it's more or less like you said: they localized a preliminary version of the ring that was being considered.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I chose the wrong ring , I have over 2 million Bayld currency and when i go to talk to Plot for a new ring she wont give it to me. What em i doing wrong ?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I answered my own question sorry guys. You need to wait 1 game day before exchanging / trading ring for new one.

I don't mind there being only one ring given since you can always change it...
    Plus, it helps people learn not to be selfish pricks and build their decision making skills.

That being said, I wouldn't be against there being a second ring WITHIN REASON.
    Just getting a second one for nothing: nope. BS selfishness.
    Getting another from an epilogue scenario: good idea. Requires "effort" for a reward.
    Getting a second for having all Legend Coalitions and done every assignment through Legend: good. Effort grants a reward.
    Even just getting a second for a huge Bayld price (eg 2M or so) would be fine.

Just don't give it away for free.
    Because then the selfish dbags win.
    Rewards should have SOME effort behind it.... SoA is already giving you a good ring AND a city movement speed body.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is calling everyone selfish the only thing you have to contribute to this conversation? Nobody cares about movement speed. We can run as fast as we want. Anyone that cares about movement speed gear might be retarded.

On another note, has anyone tested the Weatherspoon Light Bonus on Light skillchain?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not everyone clips <.<

As far as light bonus goes I wouldn't be surprised if it did but even if does it wouldn't increase dmg a lot of the time because of how skillchain elements work and light being the last element of the 4 that comprise level 3 light skillchain in the hierarchy

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    I don't mind there being only one ring given since you can always change it...
    Plus, it helps people learn not to be selfish pricks and build their decision making skills.

That being said, I wouldn't be against there being a second ring WITHIN REASON.
    Just getting a second one for nothing: nope. BS selfishness.
    Getting another from an epilogue scenario: good idea. Requires "effort" for a reward.
    Getting a second for having all Legend Coalitions and done every assignment through Legend: good. Effort grants a reward.
    Even just getting a second for a huge Bayld price (eg 2M or so) would be fine.

Just don't give it away for free.
    Because then the selfish dbags win.
    Rewards should have SOME effort behind it.... SoA is already giving you a good ring AND a city movement speed body.
    this isnt about being selfish, most people here play 4-5 jobs decked out jobs in mythic/empy/wtf ever. it kinda is very difficult for me to pick one ring of the 12 with geo(ergon) run(ergon) whm (mythic) sch (mythic) war (relic) and blu ¬.¬.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You can still play a job without the ring for it. You managed just fine before the rings existed. This is no different than bitching that you can't merit every stat and every combat skill and magic skill.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can play a job in full perle and even +1 it now so what's your point? Kinda the point of this game especially now with the ilvl system is to continually upgrade your jobs to do better. When you introduce choices like this you start putting a gap between people with the same jobs that you literally can not do anything about (except spend 300k balyd over and over). Which means you will be less likely to be using jobs that you are less decked out in which kinda flies in the face oh how this game is played and designed. I mean just look how much they have expanded merits so you can effectively merit half a dozen jobs. Sure you can play without any merits but you wouldn't want to use a job that didn't have it's merits or take someone on an unmerited job

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    You can still play a job without the ring for it. You managed just fine before the rings existed. This is no different than bitching that you can't merit every stat and every combat skill and magic skill.
    You say that like most everyone hasn't been wanting that for ages

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast