+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    You say that like most everyone hasn't been wanting that for ages
    i prefer it when games require you to make strategic choices rather than let you have everything.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, even if everyone makes the same strategic choice as you (or one of you is retarded).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    i prefer it when games require you to make strategic choices rather than let you have everything.
    Like the strategic choice to not play a job because you don't have merits for it? lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

There's no strategy in merit allocation. The best choices are mostly(all?) entirely cut and dry. It's an unnecessary limitation that's completely antithetical to the way the job system itself is designed

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yes, not having that 10 geo skill will absolutely make your geo worthless. Time to cancel your account over not being able to have every ring. When did BG merge with the official forums?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Don't be obtuse. You know full well nobody is suggesting anything of the sort. Hell- I'm not even agreeing that we should have access to every ring. I was just pointing out that your counterpoint(and subsequent counterpoint) are complete nonsense

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I don't think anyone has advocated for access to every ring. Just more of a selection.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Right, just every ring that is useful for any job.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

lol what a wanker. I'm not even gonna argue with you. You clearly have a problem with reading comprehension. Maybe it's you that came from the OF.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

If you play GEO a lot, Renaye. If you don't, Weatherspoon. Orvail or Gorney on a mule. Everything else is a marginal improvement at best.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you are bst or pup Thurandant is well pretty much only pet item in slot lol. Haverton pretty sweet for rng

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    If you are bst or pup Thurandant is well pretty much only pet item in slot lol. Haverton pretty sweet for rng
    If you main BST or PUP (or SMN) you clearly don't care about making choices based on endgame viability. Haverton is good for R.acc, the snapshot (like the DW) pretty much presumes you're unbuffed to be worth anything.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    If you main BST or PUP (or SMN) you clearly don't care about making choices based on endgame viability. Haverton is good for R.acc, the snapshot (like the DW) pretty much presumes you're unbuffed to be worth anything.
    I think what you mean is if you don't care about endgaming with people who hate on pet jobs. DW sure that's well researched and known and hell for some jobs you could probably cap -delay without outside buffs. But as far as the snapshot what exactly do you base that on? I don't remember seeing any testing on caps on it... plus it's not exactly too uncommon to not have a rdm in the pt

Banned.

BG Level

I think what you mean is if you don't care about endgaming with people who hate on pet jobs. DW sure that's well researched and known and hell for some jobs you could probably cap -delay without outside buffs. But as far as the snapshot what exactly do you base that on? I don't remember seeing any testing on caps on it... plus it's not exactly too uncommon to not have a rdm in the pt
    I mean that if you care enough about BST, SMN, or PUP to actually have found a group that allows you to take those jobs to anything endgame then you probably didn't have to think twice about which ring to take.

Stacking Snapshot won't circumvent reload delay and with current buffs and gear aiming is practically instant, so I don't see how this ring is worth taking.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Stacking Snapshot won't circumvent reload delay and with current buffs and gear aiming is practically instant, so I don't see how this ring is worth taking.
    I know the first part which is bad on SEs part but what I'm getting at is what is "practically instant"? Do we have hard numbers?

I mean obviously it would be much better if no reload delay but I could see it being decent if we haven't hit a cap already. Like for example let's say buffed up with decent gear and merits we are at 90% snapshot (don't know if that is the case since I don't believe anyone has tested flurry) that would put anni at about .5 second aiming which would look pretty close to instant and reload I believe is ~.5 since they lowered so about 1 second total. So if this ring was a 5% that would bring aiming ~.25 or .75 total. 25% reduction would be pretty worthwhile I'd say.

My other point is while current buffs do exist I most commonly see rng groups going as pld, cor/geo, brd, whm, 3 rng not sure how it is over there but if you are doing anything shoutwise over here on rng you likely wont be getting full snapshot buffs. Even worse is in the few I've done only 1 has had the support /rdm and cast flurry I. For some reason there still seems to be an irrational dislike of rdm over here so generally only see it for events where certain debuffs are needed and even then usually only when they can't get a geo or sch

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    There's no strategy in merit allocation. The best choices are mostly(all?) entirely cut and dry. It's an unnecessary limitation that's completely antithetical to the way the job system itself is designed
    It gives the ILLUSION of choice.
    Appearently it has to be a very good illusion since many people (/point Protey) do not even notice or aren't aware of it.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    This is no different than bitching that you can't merit every stat and every combat skill and magic skill.
    They did increase merit categories caps several times through the last years though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see even more coming.
    What point are you trying to make exactely again? I'm losing it.

Banned.

BG Level

I know the first part which is bad on SEs part but what I'm getting at is what is "practically instant"? Do we have hard numbers?

I mean obviously it would be much better if no reload delay but I could see it being decent if we haven't hit a cap already. Like for example let's say buffed up with decent gear and merits we are at 90% snapshot (don't know if that is the case since I don't believe anyone has tested flurry) that would put anni at about .5 second aiming which would look pretty close to instant and reload I believe is ~.5 since they lowered so about 1 second total. So if this ring was a 5% that would bring aiming ~.25 or .75 total. 25% reduction would be pretty worthwhile I'd say.

My other point is while current buffs do exist I most commonly see rng groups going as pld, cor/geo, brd, whm, 3 rng not sure how it is over there but if you are doing anything shoutwise over here on rng you likely wont be getting full snapshot buffs. Even worse is in the few I've done only 1 has had the support /rdm and cast flurry I. For some reason there still seems to be an irrational dislike of rdm over here so generally only see it for events where certain debuffs are needed and even then usually only when they can't get a geo or sch
    1st point: I dunno. Overkill is still slightly faster than anything I can pull off otherwise so maybe there is a cap.

2nd: Change my "unbuffed" to "non- or low-buffed". I still do stuff with larger groups so whenever I RNG I'm getting Flurry 2.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1st point: I dunno. Overkill is still slightly faster than anything I can pull off otherwise so maybe there is a cap.

2nd: Change my "unbuffed" to "non- or low-buffed". I still do stuff with larger groups so whenever I RNG I'm getting Flurry 2.
    I believe byrth tested overkill to be factored separately so maybe it's effectively going past the cap that way like how other like ja -enmity and such do. But idk there is a serious lack of ranged delay testing sadly

Yeah I forgot to mention it's also not to uncommon to do 4 rng whm brd. Seems support is rather hard to find sometimes but rngs are a dime a dozen it seems

Regardless I think you were arguing which one should someone chose if you only had 1 which probably wouldn't be this one regardless unless you are rng onry. I was more trying to counter the whole idea that only a couple are really a loss not to have. I mean quite honestly all of them have a use... just half of them don't have enough of one where people would bother even if you could get additional ones for a bunch of extra work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast