BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    I checked that OF thread and I'm glad I can't post there anymore or I would have gotten banned again.
    You got banned for that back and forth session with those scrub Bsts QQing that they can't pet only anything anymore?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    You got banned for that back and forth session with those scrub Bsts QQing that they can't pet only anything anymore?
    you basicly get reported and banned in OF if you insist on your opinion. too many people get butthurt over there and report you basicly for nothing. I got reported and banned because i used the phrase (not directed at any user) "blabla mechanic us a total bitch to deal with" which got me reported and banned because some user had PMS apearantly.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm currently 10-day banned on the OF for saying that 60FPS looks better than 30FPS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I'm currently 10-day banned on the OF for saying that 60FPS looks better than 30FPS.
    ps2 limitation ban

Campaign
    BG Level

How the hell didn't I get banned yet? I swear I've been pretty vocal about many things on the OF, especially against people like Allahanem (he seems to have calmed quite a bit lately?) or Afania.
    Did mods pity me or something? lol

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Ugh that one bst olor is so annoying, ppl like that ruin games.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Out of topic but I see this used very often.
    Please define "hard".
    What is "hard" in this game from your personal point of view?
    For me I'd have to say the ability to do certain things over & over & over again without being bored to tears.

Yeah I should have let Olor keep running his/her mouth a little longer but even after I got banned I still had people telling me I was right. It wasn't even that big of a deal but his/her excuses of wanting so much out of BST which really wouldn't have changed the fact that people don't invite BSTs to group shit anyways. Pretty much the excuse of, "Y DO I HAB TO FINISH COP TO GET RELIC+1?!?! IT'S NAWT FAIR!!! WAAAAH!!" Is probably why I got banned, I was mocking him too much. His whole there arn't enough good axes for BST anymore was fucking stupid.

Campaign
    BG Level

I asked with no hidden intent. My point is that I don't see anything "hard" in this game, and to that word I give the meaning of soemthing that's really hard to obtain. Something that requires time (optimal gear), strategy, teamwork etc.
    Savage Coil in FFXIV is probably a good example of "hard", Mythic (ex heroic) raid fights in WoW are a good example, some are really hard, especially the first world kills.

But in FFXI?
    It's usually just a matter of having the dedication, the motivation to keep doing repetitive farming content, or either the gil to powerburn through repetitive content, or the hacks to make it faster, or the friends/resources to reach compareable results.
    This isn't what I tipically define "hard".

But then again, what is really "hard"? It's just a different concept, but all the things I just named can be "hard". You gave your own definition: doing certain things over and over up to the point of bringing someone to tears.
    By this very definition that you gave (with which I pretty much agree), couldn't we say that farming 20+ mils can be "hard" too? Or farming the 300+ mils for a Mythic?
    The answer is "yes" imho, by that definition those can be "hard" as well.
    So why did you say that it's not "hard" to farm gil for Gaiters?

(granted that farming 20 mils takes way less effort/motivation/dedication/resources than farming the 300+ for a Mythic, of course)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

got my jennifer anniston ring. them Cure IVs for 1k, so delicious. lol

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I asked with no hidden intent. My point is that I don't see anything "hard" in this game, and to that word I give the meaning of soemthing that's really hard to obtain. Something that requires time (optimal gear), strategy, teamwork etc.
    Savage Coil in FFXIV is probably a good example of "hard", Mythic (ex heroic) raid fights in WoW are a good example, some are really hard, especially the first world kills.

But in FFXI?
    It's usually just a matter of having the dedication, the motivation to keep doing repetitive farming content, or either the gil to powerburn through repetitive content, or the hacks to make it faster, or the friends/resources to reach compareable results.
    This isn't what I tipically define "hard".

But then again, what is really "hard"? It's just a different concept, but all the things I just named can be "hard". You gave your own definition: doing certain things over and over up to the point of bringing someone to tears.
    By this very definition that you gave (with which I pretty much agree), couldn't we say that farming 20+ mils can be "hard" too? Or farming the 300+ mils for a Mythic?
    The answer is "yes" imho, by that definition those can be "hard" as well.
    So why did you say that it's not "hard" to farm gil for Gaiters?

(granted that farming 20 mils takes way less effort/motivation/dedication/resources than farming the 300+ for a Mythic, of course)
    Well in general nothing in this game is hard per-se, I only really said hard usually in the terms of making myself go out and do repeated shit over & over to make money. I'm not poor by a long damn shot but for me farming gil comes in spurts. There's nothing in this game that I couldn't buy if I set my desire to really want it. I hardly ever step foot in dynamis anymore because after solo farming a relic for months literally everyday, it's boring as fuck. Yeah I can make money there but I'd rather go about doing it in other places then dynamis.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Olor, Justin-w/e-his name is a shitty BST also due to their posts about the most mundane shit. The fact they're even arguing about shit that isn't hard to do makes me fucking roll my eyes in disgust. I never liked the idea they wanted so much of the pet and master to have even stats across the board and then complain their pets can't hit for shit or argue that they never get invites to delve, incursion or skirmish. Fucking duh, why would people want a BST when MNKs, SAMs and w/e other heavy DD jobs can get the job done quicker and easier?

Yeah I know people want to not depend on cookie-cutter setups but even I won't force my main job into shit when I have others that can get shit done better with less chance at failing.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    You rebel you. You've got like 3k posts there or some shit, by far the most knowledgeable about game mechanics on those forums, popping in throwing around math behind how things work. Imagine someone got their knickers in the twist over your support of something not possible without augmentation of the base game. Hell, some talk openly about windower and such, still get to see their lovely posts day in and day out. Really don't know how I haven't gotten banned. Tend to troll a bit in the wee hours when all I see is spaghetti (and Translate working awesomely!) for hours on end.

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    Yeah I should have let Olor keep running his/her mouth a little longer but even after I got banned I still had people telling me I was right. It wasn't even that big of a deal but his/her excuses of wanting so much out of BST which really wouldn't have changed the fact that people don't invite BSTs to group shit anyways. Pretty much the excuse of, "Y DO I HAB TO FINISH COP TO GET RELIC+1?!?! IT'S NAWT FAIR!!! WAAAAH!!" Is probably why I got banned, I was mocking him too much. His whole there arn't enough good axes for BST anymore was fucking stupid.
    Silliness. I remember that argument too. Rajas? Who needs it. Sea gear? As if. Oh, now I need CoP to RF AF/relic?! Blasphemy, remove this terrible cock block of a restriction nowz! Typically don't take the side of the whole "oh you're just whining to have things handed to you" cause some arguments are legit. But that was straight up a retarded level of complaining about having to play the game and complete content that they could of finished at any point in the last 8ish years.

Kinda shitty, most Bsts on there seem to be on the QQBst bandwagon. You, Falkirk, and Dasva when you can read wtf he's saying were the only sound voices on it that I saw. So many on those boards have absolutely no clue the potential that jobs have available to them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Kinda shitty, most Bsts on there seem to be on the QQBst bandwagon. You, Falkirk, and Dasva when you can read wtf he's saying were the only sound voices on it that I saw. So many on those boards have absolutely no clue the potential that jobs have available to them.
    wetgdsghsrdgd what?

I can kinda understand the qq. pet jobs have been ignored a lot and jugs didn't have ways around some of the lameness since they were just a little bit of white dmg and a bunch of hp and not much more smn had epic bps and pup has decent ws and capped magic haste and large customization and cor tricks.

But with all the acc changes and actually landing debuffs again it's starting to do better... they are still being dumb about caps and such but I suspect once we get to 30 jps jugs will be come fairly powerful on there own

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You know I <3 you. Shitty on the turn around on your Brd mule btw. :/

But yeah, there's legit needs for a job, the pet to be more usable, more pull DD wise, etc. Then there's complaints about how Bst isn't invited to parties, so the solution is to turn it up to god mode. Or that one guy who had a Scorpion/Opo-opo fetish and would make massive essay long posts about how adding those two pets would fix the job.

Campaign
    BG Level

Why hasn't anybody named kingfury yet? With his of ideas always supported by awesome sketches lol

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Silliness. I remember that argument too. Rajas? Who needs it. Sea gear? As if. Oh, now I need CoP to RF AF/relic?! Blasphemy, remove this terrible cock block of a restriction nowz! Typically don't take the side of the whole "oh you're just whining to have things handed to you" cause some arguments are legit. But that was straight up a retarded level of complaining about having to play the game and complete content that they could of finished at any point in the last 8ish years.

Thanks for the compliment but getting banned was probably for the best. Malthar also is another guy who really fucking QQs way too much. It's all the same stupid shit of them wanting BST to be the job that SAM and MNK is. It's never going to happen. BST as a job has it's own thing and even then the trust system kinda shit on that as well. lol

The last thing I remember Olor complaining about what never wanting to do delve because people are "rude", which made it sound like olor was using that as an excuse for "I'm too fucking lazy to play a job that gets shit done." I gotta admit the Unity Charm/Tame+11 axe is lol but I was more interested in that shield which everyone seemed to have ignored in the rare instances where I'm /war on bst for Ra'Kzanar Skirmish. lol

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

You rebel you. You've got like 3k posts there or some shit, by far the most knowledgeable about game mechanics on those forums, popping in throwing around math behind how things work.
    Exactly. Which is why I think it's a little unfair to look down on the OF as much as some people do. Byrth knows his stuff and the users on the OF seem to recognize that. You'd be hard pressed to find another user with more likes than him and very, very few ever call him out when he's right.

Like it or not, the OF is the best chance to get SE to listen to us and it does no good to say, "LOLOF No one go over there. It's stupid." If everyone who knew their stuff did that, you know what the only kind of suggests SE would be getting? The "CoP is a roadblock. Don't give me a reason to play the game.", "Enmity is perfect the way it is" kind.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There's people there that know what they're talking about, but for the most part it's just Afiana and pet jobs QQing.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    Exactly. Which is why I think it's a little unfair to look down on the OF as much as some people do.
    No doubt. But at what point is enough enough? Gets kinda old explaining that things aren't as gimp/terrible as people make them out to be, the way certain systems work, etc, only to have multiple scrubs come along blowing it all up. While it's great to discuss things here or on FFXIAH, not everyone visits them or even knows about it. Whole reason I personally started going to the OF was cause of a friend I made in game who wasn't aware of these other boards, but had read up a lot on the OF. The "advice" he had gleaned from there was utterly terrible. Figure the more people who can give solid advice there, the better for the game as a whole. As much as it's the cool thing to lolOF, I think it's doing the community as a whole a solid to at least put info out there that someone, if only one, can gain something from, and play the game better, or at least be better equipped with the knowledge of strats, effectiveness of stats, etc.

Surely doesn't work for most, IMO. But it's something.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You know what drives me nuts?

Being one of the mid-level geared characters I respect the game and those who put the time/effort to figure out the ways to use the mechanics of the game to their best advantage, and lead the charge so that the lesser players can have success and access to those niceties over time. I'd much prefer a game where some things are out of reach and know they exist (ala AV back in the day) rather than know that everything is just whackable and that's that.

It's simple, really: why play a game for years when you know that all you have to do is beat your head against a wall long enough for it to fall, or scream loud enough for it to be changed? A while ago I heard it mentioned that there should be battlefields where there are unique rewards for alliance setups and "base" rewards for single party setups. That's just one example of what could be possible if heads are put together without listening to the least common denominator.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    You know what drives me nuts?
    A while ago I heard it mentioned that there should be battlefields where there are unique rewards for alliance setups and "base" rewards for single party setups. That's just one example of what could be possible if heads are put together without listening to the least common denominator.
    In a way they tried that with DM specific drops (in particular Seraphi/Divi) but when people complained that ally fights were too restricitive (before WS got boosted and made the fights easier) SE added those drops to single pty fights.

Honestly one of the biggest detractors from ally content is that for some bizarre reason SE decided to scale mobs for alliances without scaling drops. So not only are you dealing with harder mobs with more HP you are usually left splitting the same number of rewards amongst a larger pool of people. Had SE scaled drops with the number of people in allys, its likely more people would be willing to try out ally content rather than lowmanning everything. Ofcourse the benefit of lowman (besides the easier mobs and much more favorable drop/#members ratio) is that when you simply cannot find people wanting to participate you can accomplish stuff with less.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast