+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Nothing was altered in the xml files from pre to post patch.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The following things will definitely be broken in Spellcast after this update (not exhaustive):
    - Distance checking
    - TP checking
    - HP%/MP% checking
    - Status checking (although status change should still register fine with autoset)
    - Pet/Fellow checking

It's also possible that target checking is screwed up (as demonstrated by your issue), although I'm not sure to what extent. Personally I didn't think that spell completion would be affected, but apparently it is.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well it works fine on my mules RDM xml, so there must be something in the xml thats affecting it. I definitely didnt alter anything since the patch, but I guess it could be something that would have worked regardless previously and now broke due to something else.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Khiinroye View Post
    Various RoE objectives are also messed up..
    Yep, I noticed this today. I'm not getting credit on daily HP 500+, and Buffs in the new cirdas cave map. Not sure if applied in other areas.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

ApRadar is broken too. The Mapped Radar works, but the overlay Radar isnt. Hope a fix comes out for this soon, I cant live without Overlay!

Also, any fix for cupper yet? Or any alternatives out there?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

ApRadar is open source now, so Apnea aint gon fix it

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

https://github.com/atom0s/Clipper/releases

Or are we still not allowed to link to that stuff?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Well it works fine on my mules RDM xml, so there must be something in the xml thats affecting it. I definitely didnt alter anything since the patch, but I guess it could be something that would have worked regardless previously and now broke due to something else.
    So I dont get it. I go to fight PW with my mage mule on whm. //erase nyn winds up self targeting, //c4 nyn winds up self targeting, so I have to target the person before curing them. Annoying, but whatever.

Escape out, Nyn has bio, so I //erase nyn out of habit...except it doesnt self target and casts on nyn. Why -_-

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Clipper isn't as good as cupper was, simply because with Clipper, if you auto-run on a character, eventually it will slow back down to normal speeds (which is a problem with dualboxing)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Cupper had that problem too, I just pointed to the most similar replacement. Use tako if you want something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerix View Post
    Clipper isn't as good as cupper was, simply because with Clipper, if you auto-run on a character, eventually it will slow back down to normal speeds (which is a problem with dualboxing)
    If I auto run my main, this does end up happening, but log as i hold the key down and run and have my mule /follow me, the mule keeps up fine. Only time my mule don't keep up is if i auto run him and use /lockon target

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Clerix View Post
    any program that does this by continuously overwriting a memory block will have this problem, but it's less apparent the more frequent you write (although costlier). a perfect solution would use both memory writing and incoming packet modification for speed (replace incoming packet speed with set speed, and use memory for any speed changes like disable), but that'd have to be a plugin instead of a third party application. and dealing with memory in a plugin is too annoying for me to bother

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It's pretty easy to do this on a packet level and there's not any real issue of the client resetting the speed to normal speed. The only issue is that you can't disable speed as easily without being able to set memory (requires packet injection).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is broken in a good way. Having 2 accounts, I reactivated both for the free week. When the week expired, one of the accounts was disconnected and I had to reactivate through SE Account Management site in order to play, while the other, is still logged in. After checking the SE Accounts page for the still "free" account, all content IDs were shown as "Cancelled". After checking all my other Credit Cards and PayPal account, I found no charges under SE. So for now this account is logged in for free and we'll see how that goes.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Not sure if it was noted yet but battlemod and scoreboard aren't detecting avatar skillchains properly. They appear delayed in the chat log and scoreboard doesn't even pick up on them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Battlemod has never worked with them, actually. I just noticed it a little while ago and made an issue for it on my tracker.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So I dont get it. I go to fight PW with my mage mule on whm. //erase nyn winds up self targeting, //c4 nyn winds up self targeting, so I have to target the person before curing them. Annoying, but whatever.

Escape out, Nyn has bio, so I //erase nyn out of habit...except it doesnt self target and casts on nyn. Why -_-
    I just had a chance to play yesterday since the update, and encountered exactly this same problem. Sometimes the short names work, and sometimes it does not. Did you find a solution for this, or what are you using now? (I hope I don't have to migrate now to GS :S).

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

all of my mage SC's were migrated from one of the first original BLM SC's that got defaulted with it. I took all code similar to this out:
    <!-- utility: if targetting a monster, but casting a spell that can not be cast on monsters, then cast on self (buffs). -->
    <if SpellTargetType="MONSTER" NotValidTarget="*Enemy*" ValidTarget="*Self*">
    <action type="changetarget" target="&lt;me&gt;" />
    </if>
    <if SpellTargetType="NONE" ValidTarget="*Self*">
    </if>
    <if Spell="Escape|Warp|Warp II|Retrace|Teleport-*|Reraise|Tractor"> <action type="return" /> </if>

and I havent noticed any issues.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

all of my mage SC's were migrated from one of the first original BLM SC's that got defaulted with it. I took all code similar to this out:
    <!-- utility: if targetting a monster, but casting a spell that can not be cast on monsters, then cast on self (buffs). -->
    <if SpellTargetType="MONSTER" NotValidTarget="*Enemy*" ValidTarget="*Self*">
    </if>
    <if SpellTargetType="NONE" ValidTarget="*Self*">
    </if>
    <if Spell="Escape|Warp|Warp II|Retrace|Teleport-*|Reraise|Tractor"> <action type="return" /> </if>

and I havent noticed any issues.
    Oh, I don't have anything like that on my XMLs.

The issue I have is a bit different, and thought you had the same (minus the targeting stuff): I did Salvage yesterday with my main + mule, and on the first floor I was able to do the usual: "/ma haste elva" to haste "elvaanmoq" char from the mule, but after warping to second floor, using the same command rendered an error message, I had to use my complete name ("/ma haste elvaanmoq") and that was for any other command (erase, cure, etc.).

After warping out or just switching zones, the short name seemed to work again, until I zoned again, it got broken at random times. There seems to be something off with the name autocompletion but can't imagine what it is.

Anyway, thanks for the answer! and I hope I can figure this out.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i was having name completion issues a bit also, I couldnt replicate it though