BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity concord     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's no confirmation that I know of, but in all the UNM fights I have done it definitely appears (to me) that that's the case.

Could just be my poor observation skills, but it's always seemed like certain items drop more commonly than others.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Anybody knows which NM drops the H2H?
    Can figure them all out just by checking the unity npcs

Campaign
    BG Level

How Dasva? I seem to recall you could only see the stats of the +1 versions from the npc?

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    How Dasva? I seem to recall you could only see the stats of the +1 versions from the npc?
    I believe the NPC tells you the item required to upgrade them, and then you can compare the item to the NM, based on name/type?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The H2H drops from Garbage Gel.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    I believe the NPC tells you the item required to upgrade them, and then you can compare the item to the NM, based on name/type?
    Exactly since the name of the nm is in the item

Campaign
    BG Level

Anybody fought the new Vampyr NM in Ruins of Alzadaal?
    Hard? Easy? Tips? Setups?
    I want that Katana >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

He works exactly the same way as Oupire (100% DA, changes element etc)
    http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Oupire
    He has Nocturnal Servitude, that's the only new thing. After this move, Vidmapire gains undispellable Endark/Dread Spikes effects and casts dark based spells (Sleepga II, Impact).

Campaign
    BG Level

Wow sounds really annoying =/

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Anybody editing the wiki anymore? A lot of the unity concord NMs have 0 info

I've fought most of them, so if anyone's wanting strategies I can offer.

For Garbage Gel, you want everyone /NIN and to stand on the NM. Set up a skillchain and MB it. 1 BLM can take off 20-25% each MB. He's pretty easy, just the gimmick is Fluid Spread is a hate reset, and you want everyone hit by it so the PLD can get hate back immediately. Without shadows Fluid Spead does 2300 or so in non PDT set up or more. It will 1 shot Trusts. He's stunnable but resists pretty frequently. GEO/COR Roll for magic acc and BLU should be able to lock him no problem.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kainstryder View Post
    For Garbage Gel, you want everyone /NIN and to stand on the NM.
    If this is because of the draw-in, didn't the patch notes say they removed it from Garbage Gel?
    The most annoying part of the Draw in was the partial/total hate reset.
    I think Fluid Spread resets enmity only when used after a draw in.
    But then again I haven't fought Garbage Gel again after the patch so I'm not sure how much it changed.

Which strategy/setup did you use for the Vampyr?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

A lot of different setups should work for Vidmapire (melees, bsts, smns, rngs...). He can hit "very" hard on anyone without a DT set (300~500 dmg + add 60~70 dmg, twice per turn) but nothing horrible with a PLD. Elegy/Slow/Stun works and it's more or less possible to kite him if necessary. If I remember, the only time we have almost lost was after a back to back Nocturnal Servitude. Magic was ineffective but we haven't tried SC+MB according to Vidmapire's element.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Did a pickup Specter Worm shout and it took like 5-6min per kill, using a nuke strat and two RNG's to light sc. Was it a shitty group? Is there a better strat? Do you need a tank or could I toss a BLU up there with some buffs and get a GEO+BLM to MB off CDC spam for a quicker kill?

Also haven't fought Ayapec yet but wouldn't mind farming it for Escha pops, anything hard about it?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Melee zerg strat works fine for Specter Worm; just bring Scherzo, Earthen Ward, or Geo (for MEVA+/MACC- or MDB+/MAB-) to prevent oneshots.

As for Ayapec, I've only ever done him with PLD + nukers. He's simple, and fast too if you coordinate magic bursts.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Did a pickup Specter Worm shout and it took like 5-6min per kill, using a nuke strat and two RNG's to light sc. Was it a shitty group? Is there a better strat? Do you need a tank or could I toss a BLU up there with some buffs and get a GEO+BLM to MB off CDC spam for a quicker kill?

Also haven't fought Ayapec yet but wouldn't mind farming it for Escha pops, anything hard about it?
    Me and a friend do Specter in about 5-6 minutes each 3 boxing. I do PLD SMN GEO(poorly geared), he does BRD GEO SMN. I tank on pld with Aegis, smn's do Mountain Buster -> Pred Claw and the geo's MB aero on it. GEO's do macc+ mab+ on themselves and meva- mdb- on specter. If I have TP on pld, I'll open with Atonement before Mountainbuster.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Vex and attunement own the worm bad. Rdm brd sam could do it in a similar fashion, with addle and all the other debufs from Rdm combined with the magic bursts it dies relatively quick. Tbh. I'm pretty gimp over all, so I'm sure you could replicate it np. Nynjas strat prolly destroys it real quick lol.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It has Phantom Worm's nasty regen, so one missed SC really sucks balls.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah that's true but having done the whole self SC thing on other unity mobs with high eva, taking steps to make sure they land would be taken into account. The geo can always entrust acc or eva down, also can utilize trusts to help deal with either the longer fight if you can't reliably land all of the ws, by either choosing trusts based on a longer fight due to not being able to come up with gear to near guarantee the hits or to straight up aid you by giving straight acc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    It's not really hard. Just avoid one shots and give yourself enough acc and dps and goes down easy. A single DD is good enough if they can regularly self light. For example I triboxed it a lot with Run, brd, whm and took around 6-14 minutes depending on how much attention I was paying (no bots or multi-box tools so made a huge difference especially if I'd MB with both the run and the whm).