+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Spira wants a mythic!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by sfchakan View Post
    Just want to clarify that I think this is a cool/good idea.

I just think clumsy SE has a chance of doing something hilariously unfortunate.
    Am I imagining things, or didn't something happen to someone on these boards concerning a Black Belt, and through a petition/posts/CS submissions it got fixed? Wonder if such a thing happened (hope it doesn't!) such a turn around could happen again.

Campaign
    BG Level

Clarence check your dbox on Asura plz!
    G'nite mate and keep the good work up, I wanna see you posting in the Relic/Mythic thread! :D

Also I think the 1m = 1$ for BG sounds pretty lame to me.
    I mean it's good that you want to devolve some money to BG and I love it, but the ratio sounds off! If you keep this going by the end you're gonna have to pay what, 200+$ to BG and it would have been cheaper to buy from RMTs lol
    (or would it? Not particularly up-to-date with current RMT prices tbf)
    Keep the thing going but change the ratio to something like 1:0.5? 1:0.3? Something like that! 1:1 is too much imho.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

<3

well the idea of 1m = 1$ is to kinda give a bigger incentive for others to give to me.. and in a way also take a gift and pass it on. i thought that 1:1 was a good rate and i'll stick with that.. if we can for some reason exceed 200m, then i'd go ahead and give more too lol.. I won't change it since I've already set it and that would feel like im backing down on a promise.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yes I get the further incentive and it's good, don't get me wrong.
    It's just that we're basically giving money to BG atm. Not that I mind (I've done it in the past) but I would have loved part of that money to stay on you as a mean to thank you for all the work YOU have done over the last years (dats, maps etc).

But nevermind, I understand the backing up on a promise thing, you got a point.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I thot the Idea was the mythic was meant to be the thank you. People are giving him gil and he is giving real money to BG, if I understand it correctly. I would love to give something but I have barely ever had even a million gil myself all the time I have played. I would have money but SE decided to nerf Haks 2 months after I worked hard to hit 100+ fishing...

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Is botting 200 fish a day in talacaa really considered hard work?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

People can hit 100+ fishing without botting you know. People used to do it all the time.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

50m milestone has been reached.

As promised, here I show a step-by-step of how to datamine in FFXI for any who are interested to know.
    It's actually really simple work.

spoiler for text and huge
    Spoiler: show

Step 1
    I download the files from the new update. It doesn't have to be from POL itself. Even those that people provide on 3rd party hosts work. You'll see why in a sec.

Step 2
    I run a program called ListXIUpdates. I believe it was written by Mr_Mcgregor who used to post on KillingIfrit. What it does is it searches for all new or modified files in the FFXI directory and compiles it into a .csv file, which is readable by AltanaView.

The list will look something like this.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GN5kHVhXuz...d4/s1600/1.jpg

For music files, I just go into sound/win/music/data folder and sort by Date Modified to see if any changes were made.

Step 3
    I add the .csv file to the lists in AV, and then start searching manually for new dats.
    I start with images, then I do a runthrough under NPCs, which will also pick up weapons and equipment (altho equipment will look weird). If I have the time, I'll record the dat numbers for those that show as equipment and then plug it into one equipment list in hopes that it'll show up properly.
    I screenshot whatever I find and post it accordingly.

Images include maps and those pictures they use in SoA storyline
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lPTUnYxd6i...Bs/s1600/2.jpg

Occasionally when I encounter battle models I play around with the motions to see if they have stances or auras visually as they will show up as well.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-r4ctcHqaSK...ns/s1600/3.jpg

This is what most equipment look like in the NPC folder. They do not display properly.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ycG7SXl63i...nE/s1600/4.jpg

For music files, I'll rename the dat as one of those from the POL music folder (usually Dolphin) and swap it with that one to hear it in POL and record at the same time.

And thats it really. It's fairly easy to do but the process of manually scanning the dats can be tedious especially if the update is big or if they update a lot of files (which was the case during ToTM days). Equipment lists are the biggest hassle to deal with, whereas furniture afaik cannot be viewed on AV but only MV, which i don't use anymore.. so I'm not able to sniff that out.

The biggest problems I face are that of human error.. in that when there are a lot of files its always possible to miss one or two out, such as with this thing I just found in the latest dat files.

I don't think it's wearable by players at the moment, because only one of such model exists in the dats. (wearable equipment will have at least 7 copies to account for each race and gender; tarus usually share the same dat between genders)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UeHGw0iNFx...9Q/s1600/5.jpg

Which is why I will typically make 2-3 passes of the dats in order to spot anything I missed out.

Moving forward I think I might upload the unsorted .csv file so that people can just download that and search the dats themselves if they prefer to, but I will still do my usual stuff of course.

thanks for the support guys. keep it coming :D

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    People can hit 100+ fishing without botting you know. People used to do it all the time.
    People also paid for wizbot/eliteXI for things like LGM, speed and pos hacks when they were readily available for free.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Contributed from Ragnarok.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Looks like the 50% mark is busted. Good shit.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the donations guys.
    >100m now...

looking for the master copies of files lol.. realize im not very organized XD

Campaign
    BG Level

Wait wat? Jump from 50 to 100 mils in a single night? Who's the crazy donor!? My respect to him
    Go go go Spira! Get this shit done before Xmas! I want to see Arciele with a Nirvana under the xmas Tree :D

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

partly due to exams, bad laptop housekeeping and really large file sizes, it took me quite some time to find and upload the master versions of the graphic guides i did before. it might seem rather odd but I work directly on psd and dont use illustrator or whatnot.
    didn't manage to find the older files but have uploaded the ones i did for colonization, voidwatch and abyssea as promised. much of it is old content at this point so idk if it'll be useful if anyone wants to tool with it.

quite interestingly i also came across some stuff that i did plan to make but never managed to get down to doing.. like this lol

i think i didn't bother cos there was already something out there that did the job well enough and it wasn't exactly new content per se.

anyway..
    donations have slowed since the last major contribution.. but i hope they'll keep coming.
    meanwhile, finding effective ways to make money using my mules.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd donate if I was on Bahamut then again nobody I played with is on Quetz anymore. Are their good peeps on Bahamut?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'm only in social LS in Bahamut so I can't say.. In any case I take donations on quetz too

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

omg this is happening.

hit 200m. now i need to consolidate the donations.. so i'll be slowly closing off donations. stay tuned

Campaign
    BG Level

A big cheer to all the donors.
    I wish I could have gave you more Clarence.

Hope to see you with a Nirvana under the xmas tree!!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Woot FFXI style crowdfunding success - someone should totally blow this up and out of proportion on some gaming website and make Spira famous !

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

out of curiosity, do you have all the tokens/einherjar/assault memories done?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast