Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FFXIII-2 on Steam     submit to reddit submit to twitter

blax n gunz
    BG Level

FFXIII-2 on Steam

December 11, 2014

It was inevitable

I guess it's better than XIII?

They're promising a better port this time around and dual language for all regions.

Now Enhanced for Windows PC
    Including a range of the downloadable content from the original console, plus the choice for either English or Japanese voiceovers, 60 frames-per-second graphics and customizeable rendering resolution (720p, 1080p, and more).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They also promised 60 fps for XIII and a port "optimized for PC". Neither was true.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Well yes SE is run by liars. Durante or someone with pull request access on GeDoSaTo will find a way.

Maybe the dual language thing isn't a lie.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Probably not because XIII had dual language.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nice, sooner than i expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    They also promised 60 fps for XIII and a port "optimized for PC". Neither was true.
    Steam Announcement Page. FFXIII related.
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/2921...01353223653928

Hello,

The FINAL FANTASY XIII team have been working hard to improve your experience on Steam and we're happy to announce the following changes will be rolled out at the beginning of December.

■ All versions
    Custom resolutions (720p, 1080p...) and graphic options will be added.

We'll be in touch as soon as we're ready for the next one!

SQUARE ENIX
    Kinda super excited this is happening, not because of the game improvements, but because of the cause and implications that this has for future releases.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So did the first game get dual audio or not? I'm reading different info from places; though it's not mentioned this time for this game.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes, it did.

Only shitty thing about it is, you have to download both. People suspect if you delete the ones you don't want, you might have to re-download them if/when anytime a patch is released.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Im optimistic because of impending update for XIII.

But it is kinda of a bad omen for trailer to be 720p only.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Steam Announcement Page. FFXIII related.
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/2921...01353223653928

Kinda super excited this is happening, not because of the game improvements, but because of the cause and implications that this has for future releases.
    But the biggest issue remains. You can already set the resolution to whatever you want with GeDoSaTo, I'm more concerned about the promised framerate of 60 FPS being a myth.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    But the biggest issue remains. You can already set the resolution to whatever you want with GeDoSaTo, I'm more concerned about the promised framerate of 60 FPS being a myth.
    Remains to be seen, but the fact that they are actually updating the game instead of taking our money and running is the biggest thing. They seem to be trying to do right.

Consensus seems to be that XIII-2 would runs smoother on PC than XIII anyhow.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Only shitty thing about it is, you have to download both. People suspect if you delete the ones you don't want, you might have to re-download them if/when anytime a patch is released.
    It's weird to me how much people complain about this, when it's only a small fraction of the total game data.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Oh yeah! This better come with Yeul profile background and Yeul emoticons and Yeul trading cards. If so, I will buy 10 copies (maybe more).

FFXIII only got them for Lightning, Serah, and Vanille (which isn't bad but I wish they'd go all out and just do at least backgrounds for all characters). (I mean they already have wall papers + art for each character already.) I was hoping for a later release honestly (still haven't finished 100% FFXIII yet since I am also playing a bit of other games at the time too) and I wonder how the sales will do if XIII-2 has to compete with Steam Winter sales.

Edit - I hope the pre-rendered cutscenes are 1080p this time. There are like only two FMVs in XIII-2, so it shouldn't take up much space. Also about the FFXIII update, they said custom resolutions but didn't say anything about FMVs. Not sure if that means they'll update it to also add 1080p FMVs to FFXIII. Only things potentially keeping it from being completely better than the PS3 versions.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    It's weird to me how much people complain about this, when it's only a small fraction of the total game data.
    I assume you're taking about 13-2, because that isn't the case for 13. The issue with 13 is that it had a huge amount of prerendered cutscenes which totaled around 30GB. To support both languages, you had to download that 30GB twice. For some, an extra 30GB download and on disk is nothing, but for others it is a giant pain in the ass.

The problem is that you could make the extra language options free DLC, which would keep people from wasting space on something they wouldn't use. It was another problem on top of all the others people had complained about that showed how much SE cared.

For 13-2/3, this isn't an issue because they don't utilize as many prerendered cutscenes.

All that said, I'm glad they're adding resolution options to both games. It gives hope that their future PC ports (from this division) might reach the quality of the ports from other divisions and games that they publish.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

LR had dual language on consoles too, it won't be a big issue with space like XIII was.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I have a 25% off code (GreenManGaming) for anyone with 250+ posts. PM me.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Hrm. I didn't buy FFXIII for the PC because I really don't care for it... but I -do- like FFXIII-2...

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Code gone~

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

I also have a code available for anyone with 250+ posts. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Code is also 25% off season pass for borderlands pre sequal.

GMG also has a 20% discount code available on their website till the 21st