+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need MonitorAdvice     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Need MonitorAdvice

Well I bought a viesonic and I immediately regretted it, it was supposed to have a 50Million to 1 dynamic contrast ratio and the colors are poop. I'm not sure if it's the fact that it's a viewsonic brand (I thought these were half decent until I purchased this), maybe its the finish, maybe its the fact that it's a 1 m/s/ monitor. On some applications the letters look like they're vibrating, (Smash wii u, only on this monitor/tv), the colors seem far more off than they should be

My budget is around $400 and I'm looking for a rate decent one around 28 inches, no larger. I am looking for a glossy monitor as well, the better the contrast ratio the better. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Along these lines if any one has seen good monitors deals on black friday, please share!

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

this is the closest Ive been able to find
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-...;skuId=5484022
    itll be 479 on black friday

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-27-ip...;skuId=7814005
    this one will be 179 and that seems like an insane deal

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    maybe its the fact that it's a 1 m/s/ monitor. On some applications the letters look like they're vibrating
    Sounds like overly aggressive overdrive to me... Turn it down a few steps and see if the "vibrating" and wrong colors get better.
    Besides that, what's the panel type? TN are cheap but tend to have not so good colors and horrible viewing angles, IPS and VA have way better contrast and colors stay stable when viewing from the sides.