+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: December Job Adjustments     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    The utility comes at a cost of DPS and is often unnecessary. If you want to bring a DNC or BLU for utility, you may as well be bringing them now.
    i know that their utility comes at a cost of DPS. This doesnt mean they have to use the utility, but it is in some cases very nice to have it at hands when needed (anyone remember Delve 1.0 Absolute Terror?).

@byrth: yeah magic dmg started to catch up, the adjustments they made last year were nice and with some more adjustments/gear/traits it would have been up there at some point, but after the WS adjustments that made SAM wtf god sauce, magic dmg has fallen sooo far behind. The gap feels like its again back there where it started pre SoA start...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They're good at breaking open fresh wounds and causing gaping gaps of blood spewing flesh and pus. Just look at the pre-SoA enmity adjustments; the day SoA came out, almost the entirely of those changes got nullified.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Should also add that unless they raise rampages ftp by a bit making it replicate would actually be a rather large gimp

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    If this was going to be the case, Rampage would have to get an fTP buff in point #1 or this "buff" would effectively nerf it.
    It's just another point of evidence that #1 is likely to include some 1000 TP fTP boosts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It's just another point of evidence that #1 is likely to include some 1000 TP fTP boosts.
    Could be. I just don't like the amount of complications and exceptions in the whole theory. Feels too much trying to make it fit especially with the way SE kinda likes to make easy uniform changes. I mean suppose they could go around on the first list and individually chose some to be ftp and some to be something else like stat mod based on what kind of difference it would make but I don't see that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They're either introducing a new class of WSs or they're making fTP replicate. Just making fTP replicate seems more like SE's style.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What constitutes as a "potency increase" if not fTP and/or WSC? Seems pretty logical that they can be increasing the fTP of WSs like Rampage to put them in line with the other changes, not to mention in line with other weaponskills. If it was just WSC, they probably would have said "secondary modifiers will be increased for the following weaponskills", similar to the first WS buff

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    What constitutes as a "potency increase" if not fTP and/or WSC? Seems pretty logical that they can be increasing the fTP of WSs like Rampage to put them in line with the other changes, not to mention in line with other weaponskills. If it was just WSC, they probably would have said "secondary modifiers will be increased for the following weaponskills", similar to the first WS buff
    I wasn't implying it isn't either though I suppose they could just increase whatever the varies with tp effect is at 1000 tp or something. But I meant it's more likely they would apply those in a more across the board fashion than going out individually and making some one others another. Like certain groups being ftp others being stat. That said it is curious that if it's both that they didn't just add another bullet and specify which ones are one and/or the other. I mean they already went thru the trouble of 2 bullets of different kinds of boosts with some but nowhere near complete overlaps

Campaign
    BG Level

On a sidenote: I know MNK probably doesn't need further buffs and in sight of this it's allright they're not going to benefit from the 99% accuracy change and 1h WS buff.
    In return though, this is going to hurt PUP as well, and PUP could have gained some benefit from such changes.
    Shame it won't apply to them.

Altough this might be the reason why they're giving PUP the Maneuver change.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    On a sidenote: I know MNK probably doesn't need further buffs and in sight of this it's allright they're not going to benefit from the 99% accuracy change and .
    Oh man could you imagine impetus with 99% acc?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Monk already has an answer to pretty much every single situation in the game and is more survivable (sans tank) and adaptable than any other job, they don't need shit for a good long while.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Monk already has an answer to pretty much every single situation in the game and is more survivable (sans tank) and adaptable than any other job, they don't need shit for a good long while.
    I'll keep that in mind when I'm running delve with one SAM as the only DD

Campaign
    BG Level

I think MNK is in a fine situation atm. Yes it's not SAM, but before the original WS reform patch it was the most used job.
    Even now it's likely your best second choice when you don't have/want SAMs.
    It brings pt utility, survivability, can SC fine with a SAM spamming Fudo and, last but not least, it doesn't really require any specific rare item to perform well. It's easy/fast to equip it to good levels.
    It's only right MNK isn't benefitting from these changes.

I was just saying that H2H doesn't apply only to MNK but to PUP as well, and PUP could have seriously used this buff =/

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Mnk gets more tools for damage and better gear than thf blu dnc, so they're kinda in a different category than 1h weapons. Also if you want to equate a mnk to a 1h job then you must realize, a nin or thf dual wields 1h weapons with ~91-115ish dmg with 180-200delay; whereas a mnk's fists with tinhaspas is the equivalent of dual wielding 180dmg weapons with about 130 delay.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Mnk gets more tools for damage and better gear than thf blu dnc, so they're kinda in a different category than 1h weapons. Also if you want to equate a mnk to a 1h job then you must realize, a nin or thf dual wields 1h weapons with ~91-115ish dmg with 180-200delay; whereas a mnk's fists with tinhaspas is the equivalent of dual wielding 180dmg weapons with about 130 delay.
    not sure about the comparison with blu tough. BLU can cover almost all aspects a mnk can: Blunt dmg, Slashing dmg and magical dmg (albeit this ones shit and its different then form formless). I really hope the adjustments make the club WS kinda good too. But yeah the only dmg traits/abilitys BLU gets is from setting spells or subjob.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yea ive had a good blu in my parties before doing delve level content (delve, some incursion) and they honestly performed well. its far past the point where any intelligent person would pick job over player anyways, so a lot of this talk is moot. it kind of worries me they are making the game essentially easier by adjusting jobs rather than fitting the content that comes out to be suitable. i feel like its a slippery slope that will eventually lead to content that requires a-list players which would be cool and all from my perspective, but i have a bunch of friends who arent the best of players so getting them into content runs is a little bit of a task already.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Not really a fair comparison in delays. You seem to be using the actual delay value on the 1h weapons or at least something close to it. While for h2h almost looks like you are only using the weapon and not counting the extra 280 from just being h2h or the 480 that gets used in total delay reduction. For example the lowest effective delay Tinhaspa can get is 120 while a nin using a couple of 227 delay weapons can get down to 90

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    not sure about the comparison with blu tough. BLU can cover almost all aspects a mnk can: Blunt dmg, Slashing dmg and magical dmg (albeit this ones shit and its different then form formless). I really hope the adjustments make the club WS kinda good too. But yeah the only dmg traits/abilitys BLU gets is from setting spells or subjob.
    Have you tried realmrazer recently? Thanks to the ws update and newer actually good 119 DD clubs blu can use it's pretty strong right now

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    I'll keep that in mind when I'm running delve with one SAM as the only DD
    Monk is the #2 DD in the game according to the community. SAM can do more damage, but MNK can survive better without sacrificing as much damage. Although SAM can do piercing/ranged damage, which gives it some wonderful versatility in the damage department, when almost all other DD's are locked into a single damage type/form.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Monk is the #2 DD in the game according to the community. SAM can do more damage, but MNK can survive better without sacrificing as much damage. Although SAM can do piercing/ranged damage, which gives it some wonderful versatility in the damage department, when almost all other DD's are locked into a single damage type/form.
    No offense, but THF DPS in melee fights is seriously underated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast