Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: December Job Adjustments     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

December Job Adjustments

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45216

Pretty standard/unexciting update imo save for the accuracy cap increase. I never foresaw them doing anything like that. Also the WS improvements could possibly be monumental depending on how much they buff them. One thing really confused me though:

Bonuses for the following weapon skills that only applied at initial ranks will now be applied to all ranks.
    Dancing Edge / Evisceration / Pyrrhic Kleos / Vorpal Blade / Swift Blade /
    Rampage / Decimation / Blade: Jin / Blade: Ku / Hexastrike / Exenterator /
    Chant du Cygne
    What bonuses only applied at initial ranks? I can't even tell if this is just nonsense that made its way into the notes due to their strict no-proofreading policy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Who knows for certain. Could be a bad translation or them not really understanding how to say things that make sense. Maybe they mean the huge acc bonus applying to all hits. Maybe they mean ftp transfer. Maybe they mean they are they are changing them so that there dmg does vary with tp since the ws that do got the lionshare of the ws boost and are now generally the better ws

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is it possible that the crit rate bonus for evisceration from TP only apply to the first hit? That would explain why TP seem to do little/near nothing for evisceration.

Campaign
    BG Level

It's not the case for other Crit WS (CDC, VSmite, Ukko's, likely SPummel too) but it might be the case for Evisceration?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And then what is Exetenator doing on there? iirc it's increased duration doesn't work at all

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

How is it an unexciting update? Theres a lot of cool things coming, content wise new skirmish with new armor and a lot of QoL changes/job adjustments.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I mean I wouldn't expect a shifting zeitgeist, but SMN adjustments at minimum should pique most peoples' interests

Y'all too picky

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

forget SMN, give me my 11k CDCs

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wonder if the new bps will skillchain with the 70 pacts

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone notice Rudra's Storm is on the list for potency increase and on the list for TP Bonus increase? Yum, yum...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    forget SMN, give me my 11k CDCs
    Sign me up for retarded Realmrazers too. :3 Be kinda sad if it becomes so strong that Flash Nova loses it's use beyond Acumen + Malaise shenanigans.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Those are some nice announcements; Maneuvers without animations? I sure do recall craving that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Sign me up for retarded Realmrazers too. :3 Be kinda sad if it becomes so strong that Flash Nova loses it's use beyond Acumen + Malaise shenanigans.
    The sad part is whatever buff they do do to it combine with the last one from the ws update will probably only bump it up to how strong it was before they nerfed it

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

What bonuses only applied at initial ranks?
    This most likely means that ftp will be mirrored across all hits after the first like Stardiver/Resolution. If so, this may mean that CDC, which has a 2.25fTP on the first hit would have a 2.25fTP for all 3 hits(as opposed to subsequent hits only having a 1.0fTP). However, this would be extremely overpowered... a 2.25fTP ws with mirrored fTP would be a 6.75fTP before gorget/belt for a 1000TP WS. Would be pretty powerful, so they might weaken the weapon skills slightly if they proceed with that. By comparison Resolution/Stardiver are like 4.0-4.5ftp~ at 100%.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    This most likely means that ftp will be mirrored across all hits after the first like Stardiver/Resolution. If so, this may mean that CDC, which has a 2.25fTP on the first hit would have a 2.25fTP for all 3 hits(as opposed to subsequent hits only having a 1.0fTP). However, this would be extremely overpowered... a 2.25fTP ws with mirrored fTP would be a 6.75fTP before gorget/belt for a 1000TP WS. Would be pretty powerful, so they might weaken the weapon skills slightly if they proceed with that. By comparison Resolution/Stardiver are like 4.0-4.5ftp~ at 100%.
    If that is the case it would kinda make sense considering they are trying to boost 1 hd since their ws tend to lag behind even with the exact same stat ws just because of main hand dmg rating ( I mean for example blade ku already has 6.0 ftp dualwielding but is crap) . Plus anyone using cdc besides pld would be dual wielding so of 9.8 ftp with gorget/belt assuming no multihits or misses which with crits would be nice.

That said you should compare things properly. Resolution/Stardriver will always be done with at least 1250 tp and belt/gorget so it's net ftp would be 5.57 and 4.3 respectively which would increase rapidly with over tping. Still decently behind the projected cdc but somewhat canceled out by the higher base dmg on 2hd weapons. But then cdc has crit rate, will have higher acc, has higher potential gains from multihits and is supposedly getting a potency increase as well... I mean if that were the case imagine the craziness with enough DA stacking the amount of melee rdm/nin that would spawn would be insane. It's bad enough I had to pt with one yesterday that would rather stay in range and eat sleep tp moves and ask for heals than stay out of range and ya know actually keep people alive

But I seriously doubt that is the case largely because of the huge effect it would have on CDC which they are already otherwise buffing and the fact they are doing it to several ws that only 1 1.0 ftp. 1.0 ftp ones wouldn't do to much unless the potency buff increases ftp too. And on rampage it would actually significantly lower dmg unless they raise ftp by a bit since it's initial hit is .5

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The thing is, if it's just something as simple as ACC bonus being translated across all hits instead of just the first, why exclude so many of the adjusted 1h WSs?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Spreadsheet tells me that if they let first-hit fTP replicate then Terpsichore/Pyrrhic Kleos will start averaging >9,500 damage with WHM+GEO against Tojil-tier targets assuming only modest further improvements from "increased potency".

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Spreadsheet tells me that if they let first-hit fTP replicate then Terpsichore/Pyrrhic Kleos will start averaging >9,500 damage with WHM+GEO against Tojil-tier targets assuming only modest further improvements from "increased potency".
    What about THF and Dancing Edge, Evisceration, and Exenterator?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Those will all get substantially boosted as well. Evisceration was doing 6600 damage for me. Dancing Edge was beating it without optimized sets, but not by much.

Exenterator trailed without a set made for it, but set matters quite a bit for Exenterator. Also, I was using essentially attack-capped conditions. If Exenterator really does have a 100% Attack Bonus on the first hit that they're going to apply to the entire WS, that would be pretty substantial in some situations.

It's interesting to note that using anything other than Terpsichore would pull Pyrrhic Kleos down near Evisceration/Dancing Edge. This would be such a major change that I almost can't believe they'd make it, but I can hope!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Those will all get substantially boosted as well. Evisceration was doing 6600 damage for me. Dancing Edge was beating it without optimized sets, but not by much.

Exenterator trailed without a set made for it, but set matters quite a bit for Exenterator. Also, I was using essentially attack-capped conditions. If Exenterator really does have a 100% Attack Bonus on the first hit that they're going to apply to the entire WS, that would be pretty substantial in some situations.

It's interesting to note that using anything other than Terpsichore would pull Pyrrhic Kleos down near Evisceration/Dancing Edge. This would be such a major change that I almost can't believe they'd make it, but I can hope!
    I've already been finding Exenterator to be much better than Evisceration on high level enemies where dDEX is pretty crap. So that's really nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast