killed a black guy
    Spoiler: show
    Accidental shoot em then run em over a couple times

Status quo for this show

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Not impressed with the first episode. Might have something to do with my complete lack of sympathy for drug addicts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

kinda boring but standard first ep

actress who plays alicia is mega hot

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    one episode in and they've already
    killed a black guy
    Why couldn't it have been her boyfriend

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Not impressed with the first episode. Might have something to do with my complete lack of sympathy for drug addicts.
    Eh it worked for Jesse in brba, but the junkie character is difficult to appeal to the audience. Not sure why they went that route

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Pretty lame tbh, was really expecting more. Slow, boring and bad dialogue "Something bad happened" "Of course bad things happen there" "Something bad happened". Will probably watch it anyways due to it being walking dead related... but I have very little hope of anything good.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

yeah i wanna kill the junkie off already

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

lol. i feel about the same way, except its mostly because i dont have any long term first hand accounts of people i know and care about being drug addicts (other than this one ex-friend who just kept stealing/trying to steal early on in his addiction so i just ended the friendship, as far as ive heard hes been at rock bottom for awhile now but he was a judgmental, ignorant asshole and deserved all of this. the quote he said right before i irl blacklisted him was "what a fuckin diabetic loser!". what a moron, lol.)

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Because it's cool to have no sympathy for sick people. Fucking idiot.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Because it's cool to have no sympathy for sick people. Fucking idiot.
    QFT. Many people are just completely ignorant on the subject and it pisses me off to no end.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

No. No. No. You got the flu? Cancer? Appendicitis? That is a sickness, and I have empathy. You are struggling with addiction because you shot up heroin or freebased crack or spent every last dime you had for one hit of meth? No. No sympathy. Addiction is very real and I am not debating that, but it all starts with a choice.

And if you are gonna insist on calling me an idiot for thinking that then put me on ignore right now because that is an opinion I will never change.

Now back to more zombies.

BG Level

Addiction is very real and I am not debating that, but it all starts with a choice.
    Not going to continue with this conversation after this. But this right here. THIS is why I originally said the word IGNORANT. But now I am going to side with the other guy and call you an idiot. I broke my neck, hip, and proceeded to get ulcers that made me lose 80Ibs. To treat it the doctors threw medication at me. I quickly got addicted to morphine and Oxycontin.

Yes fuck me for deciding to break my bones I am such a fucking looser. Addiction is not a choice and it is MUCH harder to deal with then you realize. The feeling of needing more is stronger then your urge to eat or drink when you are hungry and thirsty. It is an indescribable illness and MOST addicts are because of situations such as mine.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

jesus christ, you guys, we're talking about a fucking tv show here.

BG Level

Agree which is why I said I that was going to be my last post. (guess I lied because this is as well). That choice line just really really annoyed me. Let me go to a cancer patient and tell them that cancer is a choice and then call them stupid for getting pissed at me about it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i agree, null, and i have sympathy for your story. a lot of these opinions are rooted in ignorance and

but it all starts with a choice.
    might be one of the dumbest fucking things i've heard on this forum

but god damn we're delving into some absurd territory if a walking dead show (of all shows) is gonna start evoking an argument on addiction. hey, guess what, guys? it's fake, he's not really addicted, stop being so fucking judgey.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This has nothing to do with the show. Spoiler for people who don't care.
    I never said cancer was a choice, jfc.

So someone forces you to start shooting heroin? Cooking meth? Snort crack? No. You choose to start that. Please explain why that is not a choice.
    Obviously you didn't choose to break your back or any of the pain that comes with it, but you DO have a choice when it comes to medication. You could refuse it outright. Or you could stop when your prescription is over with. Continuing after your prescription is over is a symptom of addiction and you CAN choose to stop. No one is saying it's easy and won't be painful, but you CAN stop.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

you CAN stop posting now, fuckwad

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I liked the first episode.... However:

We already know, based on the main characters observing the black guy getting killed that you don't have to be bit to get sick and turn into a zombie, you just have to die. But we didn't 'learn' this until I think S2 on the original series. So presumably, all characters, but Rick should have been aware of this already?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Intense View Post
    I liked the first episode.... However:

We already know, based on the main characters observing the black guy getting killed that you don't have to be bit to get sick and turn into a zombie, you just have to die. But we didn't 'learn' this until I think S2 on the original series. So presumably, all characters, but Rick should have been aware of this already?
    Well by that time the lines of communication about what is going down are pretty much dead. Unless you see it for yourself how are you really going to know?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Well by that time the lines of communication about what is going down are pretty much dead. Unless you see it for yourself how are you really going to know?
    I suppose. But considering how fast information spreads in this day and age, I would think someone like Shane, who was in law enforcement would have been briefed on that at some point during the panic. Weird information to keep under your hat, if so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast