Closed Thread
Page 6 of 280 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Cheating isn't an issue on the current PC version of SF4 beyond point cheating, and thats a bigger issue on Xbox Live than PC, lol.
    On the points part I agree. Gameplay wise there's our friend Toolassisted <_<

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Punkbuster?

If the trailer was meant for capcom it doesn't make a lot of sense as the PlayStation experience trailers showed a lot more actual gameplay lol

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Don Katsu View Post
    On the points part I agree. Gameplay wise there's our friend Toolassisted <_<
    I'm like 8-0 against him in Ranked, so I could care less lol.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Microsoft is likely out due to cross platform play. It was the reason they didn't want FFXIV on Xbox One.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm like 8-0 against him in Ranked, so I could care less lol.
    yeah I have never lost to him but he's still cheating lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    If the trailer was meant for capcom it doesn't make a lot of sense as the PlayStation experience trailers showed a lot more actual gameplay lol
    “When the leak got out, we held an emergency meeting with Sony about what to do,” Ono said with a laugh. “Today we showed off that footage of Ryu and Chun Li, right? We actually weren’t intending to show anything of the sort off today… We had planned to show it off next week in San Francisco at the Capcom Cup. But things change and it wasn’t like at this point we couldn’t show anything off at all. So we made a last minute decision to change our program and threw it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deader2818 View Post
    Microsoft is likely out due to cross platform play. It was the reason they didn't want FFXIV on Xbox One.
    Swap that. SE didn't want to be on XBone because Microsoft wasn't willing to budge.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Swap that. SE didn't want to be on XBone because Microsoft wasn't willing to budge.
    Yeah, what i meant lol.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I don't think the cheating will matter since the netcode will probably still suck.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

The netcode doesn't suck at all. Its all of our shit ass internet connections in the US. The game is basically an offline mirror in Japan/Korea or to any 2 players who have fiber.

If Daigo uses it for 50% of his practice, its amazing, actually.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The netcode doesn't suck at all. Its all of our shit ass internet connections in the US. The game is basically an offline mirror in Japan/Korea or to any 2 players who have fiber.

Distance is another problem. Japan is the size of CA lol

If I play someone in NorCal my connection to them is VERY good. WA/OR and UT is ok. Once I get past TX the connection is complete garbage.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Daigo's playing in a land mass the size of Cali. Have him play Wong someone from South Korea from his house and see if he feels the same way.

ISP is a major factor, but distance matters as well. Japan is hella small compared to the States.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Daigo's playing in a land mass the size of Cali. Have him play Wong someone from South Korea from his house and see if he feels the same way.

ISP is a major factor, but distance matters as well. Japan is hella small compared to the States.
    SK to Japan connection is fantastic, actually. Again, not a huge distance (it would take me less time to fly from Busan to Tokyo than from NYC to Atlanta), but just want to point out that even internationally the netcode can be great.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Watching Max's stream last night, he figured out the new mechanic is essentially instinct mode from killer instinct. Chun goes into this weird water stance and her hands have water effects for a few combos. Ryu goes all lightning mode and is able to do different moves with this in effect.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Watching Max's stream last night, he figured out the new mechanic is essentially instinct mode from killer instinct. Chun goes into this weird water stance and her hands have water effects for a few combos. Ryu goes all lightning mode and is able to do different moves with this in effect.
    and the shitty comeback mechanics rise again. long live guilty gear w/ no comebacks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

http://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/b/596599691

around the 3:21:00 mark he has the convo.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    and the shitty comeback mechanics rise again. long live guilty gear w/ no comebacks.
    Long live that noisy-ass game? Nah. I'll take a more quiet fighter where they aren't screaming sentences with every attack, allowing half the quotes to be overwritten by the next attack.

GG will always have a black mark to me for giving rise to the annoying animu fighting genre replete with screaming girls reading entire novels mid-battle while generic guitar riffs from a Japanese college band blare in the background.

@Viq: Clearly I'm overestimating the distance between Korea and Japan. I see now why Wako pirates were so easily able to harass the hell out of Japan during the Sengoku Jidai.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    GG xrd has a comeback mechanic now sad to say. If you're in critical health Supers do extra damage. It's much less then in other games though, and not very common since RC is generally a better use of tension anyways.

Hitting a raw Heavenly Potemkin Buster for half health is hilarious though.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    GG xrd has a comeback mechanic now sad to say. If you're in critical health Supers do extra damage. It's much less then in other games though, and not very common since RC is generally a better use of tension anyways.

Hitting a raw Heavenly Potemkin Buster for half health is hilarious though.
    That's pretty much been there since xx, except all characters except dizzy had a guts system where once in critical health, they gain a lot of defense or something else. Nothing really massive tbh, at least now it's a universal thing w/ overdrives. I do recall pot throwing a 50% raw pot buster in #r around the same health.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 280 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast