Closed Thread
Page 38 of 280 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Combofiend on the beta

"To be clear, this first beta test attempt will not count toward our previously announced beta test allotments. There will still be at least three full beta tests prior to the game’s launch. So for those in the Americas that feel disappointed that they were not able to experience their pre-order incentive, there will be plenty of opportunities prior to launch to experience the game.

Additionally, we are working on a worthwhile in-game incentive for the players that participated in the first beta test. While we can't confirm specifics just yet, we will have more details on this in the coming weeks."

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

If I had to take a blind guess, maybe a chunk of Fight Money at launch

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Or a special color palette.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Has Capcom stated yet whether we could do MM's with fight money yet? Cause man that really really needs to happen even if for solely superficial reasons.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Or a special color palette.
    Glitch palette. Your character blinks in and out of existence.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

They didn't confirm it, but when asked at the panel about it they said it was something they had already thought about and were looking into

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wasn't there a game in europe that allowed this to happen, but with real money? Maybe USF4 on PC or some shit.

I heard legally they could run into problems with underage gambling in the US because the gambling laws are different here.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Iirc the currency earned thru playing is different then the one you can buy with real money. As long as there is a distinct separation between the two there shouldn't be any kind of legal issue associated with it.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Glitch palette. Your character blinks in and out of existence.
    Maybe beta users will retain the ability to press "Any button" to continue and non-beta plebes will have to press Start....one can dream.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Maybe beta users will retain the ability to press "Any button" to continue and non-beta plebes will have to press Start....one can dream.
    "Option"

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Cool Nash tech in this vid.

And welt, while I know you said people will learn to avoid Nash's sonic boom mixup and thus his Vskill is borderline useless, I think you're forgetting 2 things. A) People still get hit by dhalsim shit in SF4.
    and B) You can force them into true 50/50 situations during meaties because his teleport can go front or behind. Or even behind and above.

Another thing is it's the only one in the game (currnetly) that can be cancelled out of special moves. It'll help convert off weird situations and allow you to more importantly stay safe off your special moves.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I think Nash's only invincible startup move is his CA anyways, so not sure if you'd really be throwing out random specials anyways.

Wondering what knockdowns will be long enough for safejumps, so far it seems like only supers might be.

Cammy throw is totally useless unless atm unless it'll kill/dizzy or you already have the corner...Ryu throw seems much more useful, wondering who else might have kinda limp mixup game because of short knockdowns.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I think Nash's only invincible startup move is his CA anyways, so not sure if you'd really be throwing out random specials anyways.

Wondering what knockdowns will be long enough for safejumps, so far it seems like only supers might be.

Cammy throw is totally useless unless atm unless it'll kill/dizzy or you already have the corner...Ryu throw seems much more useful, wondering who else might have kinda limp mixup game because of short knockdowns.
    While that's true, but i mean certain situations that aren't reversal/wake up. The most basic/easiest to think of is you throw a sonic boom and the person jumps and you know you'll get punished by full jump in. Hell, maybe even the air teleport will allow you to punish THEM instead. Things like that. Maybe you Jaggakick out of range or to predict a fireball and they are in a position to punish you. Obviously he's able to teleport on whiff via sonic boom, but idk if he's able to teleport on whiff for his other moves?

BG Level

1. That video doesn't show anything but combo extenders or really poor mixups that look like they rely on the opponent not knowing to block the direction of the character or just sitting there not doing anything. Your opponent is going to be mobile, thus none of that full screen sonic boom > teleport > jump shit is going to work.

2. Go try his above+front or above+behind teleport. You can't attack out of the teleport even remotely fast enough for it to be useful for anything beyond a "get out of the corner move" or a combo extender. He can't attack nearly as quickly as Dhalsim can after instant air tele. At least, it didn't feel even remotely close to me.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You need to look further than what is shown in the video. Sure the mixup seemed wack, but look at the type of situation that you put your opponent in. You throw a sonic boom, how do you avoid the teleport mixup? By Jumping. You can teleport early and punish it with an AA. Now they're in a knockdown situation.

They stand still and eat the mixup? You can do whatever you want and set up a bunch of layers of mixups. Its the same reason why Decapre's U1 is so good or Dhalsim's U2. It's slightly worse obviously, but the amount of control you have on the screen and what it allows you to do without being punished fully is important imo. Limiting your opponents options is the name of the game. Among the other things I mentioned.

Additionally, if that's the combo extensions people have come up with in a beta thats surely not fully fleshed out, and additionally with no frame data and limited time... just wait until full release. I'm just approaching it with an open mind instead of a closed one.

BG Level

I think his teleport will have to be good for him to even be viable. His sonic boom recovery is dreadful and his walk speed is bottom-of-the-barrel bad. I'm sure it will be adjusted a lot, but as it stands you cannot make good use of the above teleports beyond an extender, ie - you aren't going to fool anyone good with it randomly because it takes so long after the teleport to activate his quickest attack.

Nash mixups are basically all I attempted the entire time I had access to the beta.

I did find a some good uses with it cancelling his EX-Fash Smash move. As soon as Nash slams the opponent into the ground, you can cancel that using V-Trigger into a teleport. I got kicked before I could find many follow-ups.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Pretty much the only SFV news that actually matters to me: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/j...ase-worldwide/

BG Level

That is good news, but its terrible news if they don't have an arcade release. No matter how good it is, the game will not do well in Japan without an arcade release.

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Part of the hype SFIV has is how fast and how much leveling up players have to do in order to beat international players (Japan being the biggest threat).

Japan has had a notable advantage with a better online experience but mostly because of Arcades. Arcades allow players to discuss tech. If there is no arcade release they will not level up as fast

But its OK. American players probably hate each other more than any international ones.

BG Level

The game just won't have a large following there like SF3/4 if its not in arcades. No fighting game, I can currently think of, has done well there without an arcade release. As an example, Marvel 3 would have way more Japanese players if it would have been released in arcades. Inb4 idiots: Marvel 2 did not have a large arcade release in JP like it did in the US. Many places there had to buy the boards from US distributors, at the time.

Closed Thread
Page 38 of 280 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast