Closed Thread
Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonball Z (2015)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lmao, too lazy to look it up. Thanks for being a bruh!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Some more leaked footage (Piccolo vs fodder, SSJG2 Goku/Vegeta vs Golden Frieza). Just beware of added music.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Oh shit so do they finally give vegeta the kill shot?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Ive been waiting for Vegeta to get a kill for years now - I know we all have - but I figure at this point, Vegeta would let Freiza walk, humiliated, rather than kill him. He's a changed man, and while the ol' ruthless bastard was fun to watch, I've always enjoyed end-game Vegeta far more.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

a cam of the movie was on youtube
    Ending spoiler:
    Spoiler: show

As vegeta is a about to kill frieza, frieza blows up earth. Whis reverses time by like 5 minutes and then goku immediately annihilates frieza

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    a cam of the movie was on youtube
    Ending spoiler:

As vegeta is a about to kill frieza, frieza blows up earth. Whis reverses time by like 5 minutes and then goku immediately annihilates frieza
    Lol what the fuck

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Lol what the fuck
    It's stated early in the movie that when Beerus gets angry and fucks up a planet. Whis reverses time from 3 mins before to undo the issue. Which he happens to do during their training against whis. Also vegeta being full of himself killed everyone that was not next to whis during the explosion(goku and beerus). Goku says fuck it and blasts the fuck out of Freeza when they reverse time

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

As much as I love Whis (and I do, a lot), we now have a lovely plot device to show every Villian "win" in future movies, only to have Whis undo it. Fuck Dragonballs now, it should be called Whis Z.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The wtf was mostly that

Once again Vegeta gets shafted

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Ive been waiting for Vegeta to get a kill for years now - I know we all have - but I figure at this point, Vegeta would let Freiza walk, humiliated, rather than kill him. He's a changed man, and while the ol' ruthless bastard was fun to watch, I've always enjoyed end-game Vegeta far more.
    With anyone else, perhaps.

But this is Frieza, the character who has proven himself to be the irredeemable villain. Vegeta of all people should know this which is why reason is pointless. He'd be killing Frieza not out of revenge but to protect the universe. Cue Vegeta's redemption being complete.

But Toriyama, Goku fellatio, why do i even bother.

Well at least I know I got the formula right. Doesn't matter what you do or how well you fight.

Goku gonna steal your kill

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Goku -is- actually a dick, though. He's not a hero. He doesn't fight to save the world. He fights because he likes to fight. There's at least 4 times in the series where he intentionally allows villains to have their way simply because he wants a fight. It doesn't surprise me at all that he'll steal the kill. What surprises me is that everyone in the universe doesn't call him out on his bullshit, but I suppose more would if they were stronger than he was.

This was way more apparent in the manga than the TOEI adapted anime, and its something Toriyama admitted to feeling disappointed in in a previous interview back in the 90's.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The only time Goku really does that is when he didn't immediately crush Dabura and Majin Vegeta. All of the other questionable moments were ones that he knew didn't matter, or had another goal other than him trying to get a good fight.

Vegeta, on the other hand, goaded Frieza into transforming and getting his butt kicked, and then actually fought Trunks so that Cell would become perfect, resulting in him getting his butt kicked again.

Goku enjoys a fight, but he doesn't jeopordize the world in the process. This time, he had no choice but to get the killshot, since Frieza was going to destroy the world again if Goku didn't immediately blast him after going back in time.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Goku did deliberately stop training because he wanted to let Gohan take the win against Cell. I'm sure if he took the actual full year in the Chamber, he could have just done it himself. He also could have and even admitted that he should have just taken out Fat Buu in SSJ3 before Buu turned into Super/Kid Buu.

Both times did jeopardize the world though, considering Gohan was faaaaar from a sure thing and Buu did in fact eventually destroy Earth. I think the last example with Buu is the strongest reason why people think this, because Goku goes as far as to actually admitting that he was fucking around and should have been serious.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    The only time Goku really does that is when he didn't immediately crush Dabura and Majin Vegeta. All of the other questionable moments were ones that he knew didn't matter, or had another goal other than him trying to get a good fight.

Vegeta, on the other hand, goaded Frieza into transforming and getting his butt kicked, and then actually fought Trunks so that Cell would become perfect, resulting in him getting his butt kicked again.

Goku enjoys a fight, but he doesn't jeopordize the world in the process. This time, he had no choice but to get the killshot, since Frieza was going to destroy the world again if Goku didn't immediately blast him after going back in time.
    Wrong. Lemmie give you a few more examples:

1) Goku shuts down Bulma's brilliant idea to use the dragonballs to wish for Gero's lab location to destroy him before he can finish completing the Cyborgs. Vegeta agrees with the decision, and they decide to use the 3 years that Gero would use to complete everything to instead train for the ensuing fight.
    2) Goku holds a ki-blast point blank to the Supreme Kai's face during the world martial arts tournament in order to clear the way to be able to fight Vegeta, forcing the Kai's hand in allowing a fight that would have clearly provided enough energy to release Buu.
    3) Goku could have destroyed Fat Buu with his Super Sayian 3 power, but declined to do so in order to allow the kids to have a chance to save the world.
    4) Goku could have destroyed Kid Buu with the full use of Super Sayain 3, but again declined in order to give Vegeta the chance to have a shot at the fight, believing that he could recover enough energy to finish the job if things went sour (which, of course, they did).

Those are concrete examples. We could also use Goku wanting Gohan to win against Cell and focusing on training Gohan's latent potential instead of his own, knowing that he could at least have fun fighting Cell before handing things over to his son, but his motives were never 100% clearly stated, so I won't include it.

This is literally coming from Toriyama. These examples are canon from the manga itself. Goku is NOT a hero. He's a seriously strong guy who loves to fight. He hates villainy, but not so much that he'll outright destroy it if its being perpetuated by a strong opponent that he can get a good fight out of first. He'd rather forgive and convert every strong villian into a neutral or good person, not simply to stop their carnage, but to gain worthy, perpetual rivals in which to fight with. You can easily see this not only with Vegeta, but also with his wish to have Buu, a strong-yet-evil opponent, reincarnated into a good person, simply so he could fight him again.

Goku's first love; his main love, before family, before friends, before food, is fighting.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

1 is true, I forgot about that one

2 is false; Vegeta was killing bystanders until Goku agreed, and nothing the supreme kai or Goku could have done would have stopped him other than fighting him.

3 is also false; he didn't spare Fat Buu because he wanted a good fight, but because he wanted the Earth to be prepared better against future threats. By trying to get Gotenks into the picture, Goku was looking for the long term protection of Earth.

4 is also false; Goku said that he underestimated the drain that SSJ3 has in the living world, and he couldn't get fully charged at all. Plus, Goku said that he might have been able to take Kid Buu out if he had managed to charge up an attack at full power.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Someone's an anime fan.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Can the argument be made now that Frieza has the most potential to be the strongest in the universe?
    I mean he went from Namek to stronger then SS3 with 4 months of training! Without the hacks of auto strength upgrades after every fight.

Barring main character plot armor of course.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I just remembered something about #1; while some of it was Goku wanting a good fight, he also didn't feel right killing someone for a crime they hadn't done yet.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

yeah, because goku's killed a load of people canon

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast