+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Minnich View Post
    I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath for a couple years back in '07. Can't really talk to the comic book shop, but I did play on the base soccer team and we traveled all over the country playing local adult league teams. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Went to a local pub afterwards usually to relax. You'll probably get snow/ice during the dark/cold months. Yes they celebrate Christmas. Never went hunting, but they do have pretty restrictive gun laws (i.e. nearly impossible to own a gun). A lot of good cars in that range (BMWs, Peugolt, etc.), and the roads are kinda small for a big truck. Didn't use the chunnel; just used Ryan Air to fly everywhere (super cheap).

If you're a soccer fan, definitely try to get to a few games. Went to a couple Arsenal games and it was pretty awesome.
    I tried to reach the thread after this but I couldn't get this out of my head that you managed to fit a couple years into 2007

In 2007, I got stationed at RAF Lakenheath. The assignment was for a couple of years. Not that cosmic, my friend. Very strange that you needed to bump a thread just for that.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    This movie will teach you everything you need to know about being a Yank in Jolly old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJNLlviIH5s
    Was hoping for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FEsismdGWY

Disappointed

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Fuckin love slutty chavs. Haha.

Put on a donk on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Minnich View Post
    In 2007, I got stationed at RAF Lakenheath. The assignment was for a couple of years. Not that cosmic, my friend. Very strange that you needed to bump a thread just for that.
    You'll most likely want to have a better sense of humor and/or sarcasm in England.

Also, i grew up in Connecticut minutes away from Groton and New London. I was born in New London actually. Not missing much.