1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 13 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Patch 2.45 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I was kinda hoping they were gonna buff the potency of Jump instead of Full Thrust but putting it on a 30s cooldown is essentially the same thing so whatever, I'm happy. Now that DPS jobs are getting to be relatively (keyword here) equal in terms of DPS they can start making QoL adjustments to job utility. At this point I'm not expecting any more job adjustments until expansion is out and we see what new shit they add for 60 cap, but they seem to be on the right track so I feel safe putting a bit of faith in them.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Oh! I stand fucking CORRECTED, then! Drg got all the cookies this round!

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Oh! I stand fucking CORRECTED, then! Drg got all the cookies this round!
    I was curious about your previous post lol I couldn't tell wtf was going on

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I missed the mdef buff for drgs in the patch notes. I woke up thinking "yeah its all good and well but they still get one-shot by every AOE mechanic!"

Not anymore, apparently. Having such low mdef was a strange thing anyway. It was like a penalty just for being drg. Nobody else suffered from it.

"Here's some extra damage tossed in your face! Thanks for playing loldrg!"

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Without an update ACT would only mildly underestimate the damage output because it doesn't have the increased DoT potencies (+5 for CT and +5 for Phleb), everything else is right there in the log.
    But how ACT estimates dot is based on the potency of other attacks (now that Full Thrust/Chaos has gone up) it might be overestimating DRG stats.
    edit: new ACT released - does look like previous ACT was overestimating dot damage, dps dropped slightly to more expected levels.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I missed the mdef buff for drgs in the patch notes. I woke up thinking "yeah its all good and well but they still get one-shot by every AOE mechanic!"

Not anymore, apparently. Having such low mdef was a strange thing anyway. It was like a penalty just for being drg. Nobody else suffered from it.

"Here's some extra damage tossed in your face! Thanks for playing loldrg!"
    Was supposed to be offset by the fact that they are higher phys def than the other non-tank classes. They didn't design their game in a way that made this useful though, of course.

Now DRG's have equal mDEF, higher DEF, and a few hundred bonus HP over other melee.

Also their B4B now causes them to take less damage than when used cross class, as if that skill wasn't enough of a joke.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by StUfF View Post
    But how ACT estimates dot is based on the potency of other attacks (now that Full Thrust/Chaos has gone up) it might be overestimating DRG stats.
    edit: new ACT released - does look like previous ACT was overestimating dot damage, dps dropped slightly to more expected levels.
    ACT, as far as I know, only estimates from the other attacks the crit rate of dot ticks. The rest is based on the potency of the skill, which it has stored. So, if ACT has stored lower potencies than the real ones, it should be underestimating DoT damage.

But it wouldn't know how to value the damage of the DoT ticks of a given potency without inferring the attack power of the user to some extent.

Otherwise the parse would spit out the same DoT damage from someone in full i120 and someone naked using a broken weathered spear.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Was supposed to be offset by the fact that they are higher phys def than the other non-tank classes. They didn't design their game in a way that made this useful though, of course.
    True. I still wanted to see more of an evasive focus with Drg by use of a drastically lowered cooldown on elusive jump and an allowance of raid mechanics that didn't simply involve stacking on top of one another and stacking hots/shields for the "big hit": IE megaflare. A drg being able to reliably leap out of danger would have been nice, but as it stands, elusive can be used so infrequently that it might as well not be there.

Drg's Mdef issue wouldn't have as big of a crippling factor if they could actually do like Drgs of old and AVOID damage.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    But it wouldn't know how to value the damage of the DoT ticks of a given potency without inferring the attack power of the user to some extent.

Otherwise the parse would spit out the same DoT damage from someone in full i120 and someone naked using a broken weathered spear.
    Ah,, true, so true. If the plugin is still assuming the old potencies of Full Thrust and Chaos Thrust, then it will think the potency > damage multiplier of that player is larger than it really is, and then if it applies it to the DoTs, even with the old potencies, the final result can very well be higher than reality.

On the other hand, I just reparsed our DRG DPS on T10 today (we did T10 without the update, then updated the plugin and reparsed the fight) and it resulted in the exact same DPS. Probably just a coincidence, though.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    Ah,, true, so true. If the plugin is still assuming the old potencies of Full Thrust and Chaos Thrust, then it will think the potency > damage multiplier of that player is larger than it rally is, and then if it applies it to the DoTs, even with the old potencies, the final result can very well be higher than reality.

On the other hand, I just reparsed our DRG DPS on T10 today (we did T10 without the update, then updated the plugin and reparsed the fight) and it resulted in the exact same DPS. Probably just a coincidence, though.
    Exact same sounds too good to be true - not sure 100% how re-parsing works but the easiest way to check if dots are simulating correctly would probably be comparing the dot ticks in game vs the simulated ones.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by StUfF View Post
    Exact same sounds too good to be true - not sure 100% how re-parsing works but the easiest way to check if dots are simulating correctly would probably be comparing the dot ticks in game vs the simulated ones.
    I'm not too sure either, but at least some things get recalculated, like the time of inactivity to end the parse. I've had T9 parses split into several pieces because I forgot to change the 6 seconds I use on a training dummy to the 20 I use on coil/primals, and then I have reparsed those with 20 seconds and got a continuous one. So, at leas that is recalculated, and I assuemd (maybe wrongly) that the potencies would, too.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Kaishen answered me in game but I wanna make sure because I don't wanna fuck the group

Exemple static is on t11 for the week and there is a pf with a t12 practice up

1) if I join that pf will I be able to go back to t11 with the group?
    2) since I won't have won t11 for the week if I can go back witht the group will I count normally or as a helper?

Thanks

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

no

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!