Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Randomly losing full screen

For a couple weeks now I've been getting kicked out of full screen mode by seemingly nothing. Tabbing doesn't reveal some open program and there's no visible "update now" type pop-up that typically will kick me out of full screen. The same number of processes are running when I first log on and when I get kicked off. So I'm sort of at a loss as to what might be causing it. It seems to always occur between 10:30 and 11:00 pm pst. But not at any exact time.

Any advice would be helpful. Not sure if this has ever happened to anyone before. I doubt it's FFXI/PoL itself since full screen is so finicky. Antivirus didn't find anything so unlikely a virus. I'm running on Vanilla on Windows 7 64 bit.

I am running the same, and have not had any such happening.
    Though I am EST so I do not have the same hours as you.

Possibly could it be your antivirus is updating?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I had something similar happen except I wasn't full screen but it would blink temporarily and which always kills ffxi. Anyways turns out at around the same time windows was testing/rating my computers performance which I guess it can use to determine whether it should use certain visual effects and sometimes it would determine aero was too much if I was running enough other stuff during the test and disable it for a second which would kill ffxi

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

check your hookup to your tv/monitor. i had a shitty hdmi for a bit that wascausing the same issue.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I had a problem where the controller dying would crash FFXI on me. (rock candy 360 wired). Computer kept trying to find it, then would lose the connection again. Got a new controller and no unusual crashes since that only affected FF.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them out and see if anything works.