BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Dec. 10 Version Update     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah its 25% for sure. That's pretty good, but I still can't think of anything where it would actually make a difference. As for the "why introduce shitty pet foods?". How about "why introduce any pet foods?". The obvious solution has always been to give pet jobs a way to share their buffs with their pets. And yet the only job that can do that isn't a pet job.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    Added Revealer's Pumps to leathercraft wiki
    Added Revealer's Mitts and Pants to clothcraft wiki
    Added Sombra Tiara, Mittens, and Tights to bonecraft wiki

Didn't see the other recipes, but I'm only 100 clothcraft and bonecraft.

If someone would be so kind as to check smithing as I don't have that at a high level yet on a mule. I am looking for Emet Harness recipe, but don't see it in leathercraft, so assuming it is smithing. For some reason the recipes are jacked up on the NPCs. They have recipes that are on there twice under Veteran and Expert, and you will most likely find the new recipes only under Veteran (the ones i mentioned above are).

Sombra Harness is bonecraft 100+
    earth crystal
    1 rainbow cloth
    1 damascene cloth
    1 raaz leather
    2 intuila's hide
    2 emperor arthro's shells

emet harness is from one of the new unity nms

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yeah its 25% for sure. That's pretty good, but I still can't think of anything where it would actually make a difference. As for the "why introduce shitty pet foods?". How about "why introduce any pet foods?". The obvious solution has always been to give pet jobs a way to share their buffs with their pets. And yet the only job that can do that isn't a pet job.
    You misunderstood me. Shiromochi is a pet food released about 6 months ago and gives Accuracy+70 and Pet Accuracy+108. The recipe for Shiromochi is:
    Shiromochi:
    1x Distilled Water
    1x Sticky Rice
    1x Cornstarch

The new foods released today are the same skill rank but have a more complex recipe:
    Daifukus:
    1x Distilled Water
    1x Sticky Rice
    1x Cornstarch
    1x Maple Sugar
    1-2x Royal Grapes;Rolanberries; or Blue Peas

The Daifuku by comparson only give Accuracy+50-60 and Pet Accuracy + 60-80.

So Daifuku are more complex and more expensive but provide weaker bonuses than a recipes that's been out for 6 months. It's either unintentional or the Daifuku subset of Mochi Pet Foods give a bonus to a stat that we can't see from /checkparam, like Haste or Store TP or PDT.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tested some BPs at way under capped skill. So should be base durations for the wards no idea if they made the debuffs duration based on it probably just the macc though

Conflagration Strike- 30/tic -63 int non decaying <.<. Unresisted I think was about 1 minute.

Ramuh:
    Volt Strike- stun is decent duration. One time I tried was 12 sec

Titan:
    Crag Throw- RR recast only went to 76 sec so only like 25%ish. So either it's potency is skill based or that earlier eyeballing was really eyeballing lol. I'm going with second since 50% would've been better than Slow II. Lasted 2min

Garuda:
    Hastega II- Duration 3 min

Shiva:
    Crystal Blessing- Duration 3 min

Leviathan:
    Soothing Current- Duration 3 min

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by fattucus View Post
    Sombra Harness is bonecraft 100+
    earth crystal
    1 rainbow cloth
    1 damascene cloth
    1 raaz leather
    2 intuila's hide
    2 emperor arthro's shells

emet harness is from one of the new unity nms
    blah, thx. must be too tired as i didn't see the unity part on emet. wonder which NM it drops from.

added revealer's tunic to clothcraft wiki
    added sombra harness to bonecraft wiki

wouldn't be surprised if revealer's crown is either high bonecraft or higher than 102 goldsmithing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I didn't misunderstand, I just said the whole concept of pet specific foods was stupid from the start. 99% of the food in the game is useless, it is not surprising that they keep adding more useless food. It is pretty random to suddenly start complaining about shitty foods now.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

But specifically this time it's extra dumb because it uses the same exact base ingredients as Shiromochi, but they're weaker.

Hey guys we're gonna release new melee attack food called Crimson Cumin Roll, the ingredients are the exact same as required for Red Curry Bun but plus 3 additional ingredients. The attack bonus provided will be 40% less than what Red Curry Bun gives you!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't understand what you think complaining about it here will achieve. Most don't care beyond "it's weaker." Either test for other effects or QQ on oforums, trying to find logic in it for a couple pages here just adds more reasons for people here to hate you, not that you don't supply them with enough as is.

On topic for the update, any info on the quest Eye of the Beholder? It begins from one of the NPCs in the back corner of the Exorcist Priory in Eastern Adoulin near the gates. It says to go to J-8 in Yorcia, but I've found nothing in the surrounding area. The Weatherspoon Inquisition is started by zoning into Western Adoulin from Ceizak. After which, you go to the Cultist Footsteps in Yorcia. You're then sent on a Ergon tagging quest, you'll need to check the Lake of Light at Sih Gates K-7, Sweltering Spring at Moh Gates K-6, and the Saliferous Spring at G-12 Dho Gates. After doing so, you're supposed to head to K-7 in Cirdas. Gotta head to bed before I'll finish, but that's as far as I've gotten.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

far as I can tell, only 2 new quests:

Eye of the Beholder:
    Start at Nashu near the coronal esplanade in East Adoulin.
    No combat. Bring a stack of holy waters. On this map, check the "suspicious place"s in the order labeled, trading the Holy Waters to the second.
    Reward: 500 EXP/limit points, 1000 bayld

The Weatherspoon Inquisition:
    Zone into West Adoulin from Ceizak to start.
    No combat, no items needed. Go to the same spot in Yorcia that you go to for all the other Blackthorn quests. Visit these Ergon Loci in any order: Lake of Light, Sweltering Spring, Saliferous Spring. Go to K-7 in Cirdas, the bottom right corner.
    Reward: 500 EXP/limit points and 1000 bayld.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    lol so the J-8 they used was from their old bugged map. Shoulda known. XD

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Linkshell lists are changed, no longer in alphabetical order. Looks like Shellholder is on top, then Sacks, then rest, not alphabetized.

Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    Linkshell lists are changed, no longer in alphabetical order. Looks like Shellholder is on top, then Sacks, then rest, not alphabetized.
    I don't know about shellholder, but its not consistently Sacks > Rest. Someone in LS postulated it was perhaps in ID order but I am not sure about that either.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by geno3302 View Post
    Blanched Mandragora
    Ifrit:
    Conflagration Strike costs 141 MP, was expecting it to be more than meteor strike \o/
    Conflagration Strike: 6550
    Meteor Strike (1 merit): 5969
    Conflagration Strike 3000TP: 8660
    Meteor Strike (1 merit) 3000TP: 9912

The burn effect might actually be a helix effect, the mandragora were losing 1% HP every Tock so nice potency.

Ramuh:
    Volt Strike is 229 MP
    13846 dmg (1 shot) will test on higher level stuff

Titan:
    Crag Throw 124 MP
    5000-6800 DMG but the slow seems extremely potent, eyeballing it seems like 50%

Garuda:
    Hastega II is 248 MP

Shiva:
    Crystal Blessing is 201 MP
    Based on Myrkr it appears to be TP Bonus +300

Leviathan:
    Soothing Current is 95 MP
    Cure II went from 124 to 156 HP cured so +25~%

Carbuncle:
    Pacifying Ruby is 83 MP, need help testing!
    Is Conflag Strike physical or magical? It seems Volt Strike and Crag Throw are physical?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Out of curiosity has anyone figured out how to get the new Unity armors?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

From the new Unity NMs? One in Xarca drops the legs I think

http://ameblo.jp/littlelilys/theme-10035691991.html

List of all the new synths and materials. If you can't read japanese, click this link:

http://translate.google.com/translat...ml&prev=search

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Conflag Strike is Magical, other two are physical.
    I was eyeballing the slow, but someone posted after me and said 30% slow. It just felt like the mandragora was really slow.
    Volt Strike feels a little extra random, but could just be new so I'm noticing the variation more.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Just ask the Unity NPC about enhancing the drops. The materials needed to +1 them are a dead giveaway. Refresh Legs and Cure potency Earring are from Bibiki Bay Eft for example.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was eyeballing the slow, but someone posted after me and said 30% slow. It just felt like the mandragora was really slow.
    Volt Strike feels a little extra random, but could just be new so I'm noticing the variation more.
    I'm guessing Volt duration is kinda like chaotic which would lead to some random

Campaign
    BG Level

Is Conflag completely magical?
    If so, given how close it is to Meteor Strike 1/5 (better at 1000TP, worse at 3000TP) then we could probably skip Meteor Strike and use that merit point to get another BP to 2/5?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast