FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Fastest Way To Level?

Hi everyone,
    Does anyone have tips for levelling low level jobs up? Is Abyssea still the fastest way, or would bringing a low level character to a CP party outdo it now?
    Mostly looking at 30+ jobs.
    Thanks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Probably still abyssea. Lvl difference kills xp still. Though if instead of going with higher lvl cp stuff you could get a pt to just destroy stuff that was more dc/em you might get faster cashing in on RoE. Personally I just use assignments for most jobs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Does anyone have tips for levelling low level jobs up? Is Abyssea still the fastest way, or would bringing a low level character to a CP party outdo it now?
    Mostly looking at 30+ jobs.
    Thanks.
    CP party won't give a low level member EXP because of the level difference. In Abyssea you start out earning no EXP because of that, but the lights and the chain can still get you to max mob EXP. Adoulin doesn't have that, so there's no way to increase the EXP you can get from a mob.

Abyssea parties seem to be getting rarer, since CP parties serve the dual purpose of getting you merits quickly while working towards job points for the bonuses. There's also the people that don't like people being able to leech in AByssea.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If you are going to PL yourself in abyssea that's your best bet. If you only have one account or want to level a job on both accounts then just go to a level appropriate dungeon, pick a page, summon your trusts and kill easy shit. Between the book pages, ROE and the xp from the mobs you get 500+ xp/kill just from easy prey trash that dies instantly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Obviously coalition assignments if you're patient.

If you can swing it, Voidwatch is great.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

You will need at least one 75 job of course to begin Voidwatch though.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think with a pl and 3 dd trusts couuld get some good xp with Field manuals and RoE stuff.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    CP party won't give a low level member EXP because of the level difference. In Abyssea you start out earning no EXP because of that, but the lights and the chain can still get you to max mob EXP. Adoulin doesn't have that, so there's no way to increase the EXP you can get from a mob.
    While I can't speak for a full party or alliance, a low level still gets solid XP in a duo with a high level character in Adoulin. The base XP is just so high that it's still worthwhile, particularly for shorter sessions or goals (like polishing off a subjob). I'd say it's comparable to doing the highest level GoV pages, but takes no time to build up.

For longer sessions, Abyssea will wind up winning out.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Trusts are pretty powerful at low levels. Was able to 17-30 in under 20 minutes in Qufim. Start on worms with nuker trusts, when they die, run out of range so worm goes idle (have dot to prevent regen) and resummon. With RoE bonus exp and casket temps, low level soloing is very easy.

Trading in dullahan armor or vanadium ore for scout's/inventor's coalition yields 3-3.5k per. Imprimatur, so if you have tons of Imps banked, you can 1-30 in a few minutes, as up until the early 20's, 3k exp is an entire level+spill over.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    While I can't speak for a full party or alliance, a low level still gets solid XP in a duo with a high level character in Adoulin. The base XP is just so high that it's still worthwhile, particularly for shorter sessions or goals (like polishing off a subjob). I'd say it's comparable to doing the highest level GoV pages, but takes no time to build up.

For longer sessions, Abyssea will wind up winning out.
    this pretty much, if you are only going to lvl 1-2 hours a lvl 99 char + low lvl char can get very fast started in adoulin without any lights building up. you are looking at 300 exp+ or so as very very low lvl which gradually goes up to 600exp at lvl 50 and more the higher you get, this all depends on the targeted mob of course.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

<30 and solo, its coalition assignments. Some are ridiculously easy.. either turn in items or zone somewhere and back. You can only gain max 1 level at a time so don't overload on imprimaturs per assignment if you're really low level.

>30, i think still abyssea. You get to benefit a lot from RoE. The vanquish enemy type ones don't work in Abyssea, so you'll have to rely on the specific Abyssea's 30 mob RoE. This exp increases exponentially if the limited challenge "Gain EXP" is active.. cos it works in there and repeats automatically. I'd say screw dominion ops cos i find its not worth the effort unless at specific camps

Lowest effort is still and always will be Abyssea post-30. That being said, there's some silly options.

You could literally do laps in Zerhun in some field gear and level up to 30 at this point, as 5 mines = 500xp. Zero risk, heck the only thing you'll kill are pickaxes.

Once you hit 90 or so, tagging along with a soloer with your RoE's up in Adoulin will rack up exp at insane rates.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've actually been lvling some low lvl mules with crafting

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    this pretty much, if you are only going to lvl 1-2 hours a lvl 99 char + low lvl char can get very fast started in adoulin without any lights building up. you are looking at 300 exp+ or so as very very low lvl which gradually goes up to 600exp at lvl 50 and more the higher you get, this all depends on the targeted mob of course.
    Add on you can do RoE's for some exp, so every 5 kills are 500exp, and then the daily kills and every 200 kills, etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

If dual boxing I usually go to zeruhn and do higher level roes there on both characters. usually works well up to like 40ish-50. Half the time I dont even realize how high my mule character has gotten so fast. Like i wanted to stop at 40 for some reason but oops hes 54 now. Also with caskets there I try to get my mule a prouess ring unsuccessfully. But there are other zones you can do this in as well but i like the non agro nature of the zone and closeness to town.

I havent tried the adoulin thing but I might next time i can pay my subs lol. I also have done the coalition method mentioned before but for some reason never thought about usin less imprinters per turn in while they are lower I just would do the lower ranked assignments so there wasnt much Exp lost.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

im old fashion i would rather gather a few of my friends or ls members to do old fashion partying without the trust npcs its actually quicker i think u keep up with skill ups and dont have to bought and use ur sparks for the skill up books or take days to catch up w ur skills ups i find it easier also fun way to make new friends and meet new ppl. seriously though who misses the old ways to lvling?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by ZornStar View Post
    im old fashion i would rather gather a few of my friends or ls members to do old fashion partying without the trust npcs its actually quicker i think u keep up with skill ups and dont have to bought and use ur sparks for the skill up books or take days to catch up w ur skills ups i find it easier also fun way to make new friends and meet new ppl. seriously though who misses the old ways to lvling?
    What the fuck?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not really sure how not spending a couple days skilling up counteracts spending weeks leveling...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'd say the quickest leveling is going to be low level with trusts/RoE/FoV/GoV until about 50. TNL starts getting too tedious and kills slow down a little too, so I'd hop into abyssea if a worm party is happening, or some RoE's with a solo'er. 1k every 10 crystals, 500 every 5 kills, the daily unity vanquish stuff, etc. add up pretty well. And really shouldn't hurt the person soloing, as more crystals = more sparks/accolades at least.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It's been a few years now but I think the worst offensive combat skill for me was throwing and even that only took one dedicated day on the mandies in A-Alteppa. When I went on my dedicated lvling/skilling binge I think my personal best was 2 days from unlocking a job to 99 (actively keywhoring from 30-99) and another day or so to cap all relevant skills. With skill up food it wasn't hard at all and these days it seems to be even easier (it's been a while since I played).