+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Presents 2014     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    IT EVEN HAS A COAT HANGER FOR THE CLOSET THAT IS TOO BIG FOR THE CLOSET.
    It's their way of telling you you should have aborted

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Great Christmas this year. Was tired as fuck since I worked a 10 hour shift on Christmas eve and was up for 24+ hours after that. Almost fell asleep driving home. Won't be doing that again.

Gave: Mr Coffee coffee machine for my sister
    The World of Ice and Fire book for the Mrs.
    Xbox live gift card and a "yo soy tu padre" Darth Vader shirt for future bro-in-law
    Foo Fighters "Sonic Highways" for sis-in-law
    Best Buy gift card for bro-in-law
    Tonka toy bulldozer and some cat piano we found at Barnes & Noble for my nephew (tons of fun for the drive for my in-laws from TX back to FL haha)
    Five volumes of manga for a friend (name of manga escapes me)
    Dr. Who Tardis cookie jar for friend

Received: (I didn't ask for anything, mind you.)
    Turtle Beach PS4 headset
    Adventure Time DVDs
    Dave and Busters gift card
    Target gift card
    Visa gift card
    Walmart gift card (from one of the higher ups at work)
    Samus Amiibo figurine (this made me feel like a kid again, much excite)
    Carbon steel wok
    Avatar: TLA artwork commissioned by a friend at a con
    Giant Batman coffee mug
    Nothing says "I know corporate should pay you more" than a gift card to walmart .... Surprised my work didn't hand those out lol instead they gave us nothing.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    I got a ticket to go see seven lions, and a bunch of socks and cookies
    nice. he was good at TW. my cousin is going on Holy Ship on Jan.3, I'm jelly as fuck

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    It's their way of telling you you should have aborted

never dat

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

That moment when your in-law gets your daughter a gift she absolutely fucking loves, but you absolutely fucking hate because it's flimsy as shit and you have to keep putting it back together.

This one:

Don't buy it, just don't. It's so poorly made wtf. IT EVEN HAS A COAT HANGER FOR THE CLOSET THAT IS TOO BIG FOR THE CLOSET.
    Bust out the Kra Gl and Duct Tape and make that shit invincible!

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Nothing says "I know corporate should pay you more" than a gift card to walmart .... Surprised my work didn't hand those out lol instead they gave us nothing.
    Haha, rite? I can't really complain tho since they gave us lowly workers all $300+ dollar holiday bonuses as well. Every little bit helps.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

That moment when your in-law gets your daughter a gift she absolutely fucking loves, but you absolutely fucking hate because it's flimsy as shit and you have to keep putting it back together.

This one:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

Don't buy it, just don't. It's so poorly made wtf. IT EVEN HAS A COAT HANGER FOR THE CLOSET THAT IS TOO BIG FOR THE CLOSET.
    I had so much MLP shit growing up in the 80's/early 90's and so thankful back then stuff actually was decent. I probably at one point or another had every MLP "building" from the dream castle to Paradise estate and that stuff was used daily and I don't think any of it ever broke or was in bad shape. That really sucks

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Wii U, ZombiU, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong, a new chromed shaving brush, bunch of movie gift cards/money, new pure wool socks, Guardians of the Galaxy, first two Hobbit movies, track outfit, fall weatherproof jacket, Calvin Klein customized beanie, Shakespearean Insult bandages, and a shirt from in-laws that says "Genius" on it.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Gave out:
    Kershaw 1660ST Ken Onion Leek Serrated Folding Knife with SpeedSafe
    $20 bath and body works gc
    Screwdriver set
    12v magnetic light
    Starcraft 2 HOTS
    Cuisenart Colored Knife set
    Westinghouse Toaster Oven

Got:
    Parents paid part of my Yuneec Ego Cruiser. http://store.yuneec.com/us/e-go.html
    UofH Beanie
    UofH Shirt
    PGA Polo
    Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 (black/white)
    Old spice gift set;

Ego Cruiser.... cheap among the electric longboards on the market.... but man I've never had a gift that made me feel like opening a n64 as I have when I got this board. So much fun.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I had so much MLP shit growing up in the 80's/early 90's and so thankful back then stuff actually was decent. I probably at one point or another had every MLP "building" from the dream castle to Paradise estate and that stuff was used daily and I don't think any of it ever broke or was in bad shape. That really sucks

Yeah, same here. I think I had every mlp in existence back in the day. (Or at least it felt like I did.) My daughter is 2 1/2 and I have already learned to be a fisher price snob. Seriously, if you are going to get a little kid something go with fisher price (they even make that little people series). They are worth every penny when it comes to holding up.

Vtech on the other hand is completely shit and every toy our kids have gotten from that brand is now turned off because they either completely stopped working or got stuck on a loop. Which sucks because they have really cool toy ideas, but not worth it when they last all of 6 months.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

when you gonna start buyin your kids Lego 'sandy?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    when you gonna start buyin your kids Lego 'sandy?
    You will hate me. But I haven't even let her see the lego movie yet as I am trying to avoid it as long as possible.

It will happen some day, of course. We love the legoland waterpark, and there are obviously gift shops at the entrance. So I can't avoid it for all her childhood. But I will like to wait a bit to save my feet.

The problem I noticed with legos and kids is the kids always want the sets even when they are too little to read the instructions. So the parents end up putting it together and constantly have to fix them anytime the kid drops it, to the point the kid doesn't even want to play with it.

So for sure no set stuff until she can do it herself.

We do have megablocks though so that's something.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

thats not how I ever built Lego!

If the set breaks, make it better. then tear it all apart and make a spaceship because reasons and blow up all the other kits and make those into spaceships too and then have a huge battle where all the spaceships blow each other up

also, you seem like the handy sort. to save your feet, i suggest building a table specifically for Lego. Big flat surface, three-quarter to an inch lip on the edges. it won't keep ALL the parts in there, but it should keep enough in there that you're not hurting your feet. to save space, flip it on its end, dump the lego into a bin, and stand it along a wall when not in use.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

late but this would've been awesome as a present

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

thats not how I ever built Lego!

If the set breaks, make it better. then tear it all apart and make a spaceship because reasons and blow up all the other kits and make those into spaceships too and then have a huge battle where all the spaceships blow each other up
    rofl.

Well, she's two so when she plays with the mega blocks she just stacks them forever. And those sets are expensive as shit. I am not against her getting just like a random piece set, but I don't think her dexterity is developed enough for the small sized ones yet.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

ah i edited but was too slow.

i suppose she is a bit young for regular Lego. Got any Brio? That was my big thing before Lego. I had a set of Thomas the Tank Engine Brio trains. it was baller.

The sets are indeed expensive. Until she's got a decent collection to free-build with you're better off getting the bulk brick sets like you mentioned, with the odd regular kit thrown in to provide an initial sort of framework and some of the more non-standard parts.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    a shirt from in-laws that says "Genius" on it.
    The question is, are you douchey enough to wear it?

Gave: Fossil Watch, Bose bluetooth player, Lockstraps for truck

Received: catback exhaust for my car, fireproof safe, a few clothes

I'd say this was a good Christmas

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

ah i edited but was too slow.

i suppose she is a bit young for regular Lego. Got any Brio? That was my big thing before Lego. I had a set of Thomas the Tank Engine Brio trains. it was baller.

The sets are indeed expensive. Until she's got a decent collection to free-build with you're better off getting the bulk brick sets like you mentioned, with the odd regular kit thrown in to provide an initial sort of framework and some of the more non-standard parts.
    My son is turning three in February and he loves his lego's and brio. Mostly he plays with the giant legos for younger kids but he finally got his first set of regular legos and he does really well with them. He loves taking them apart and building new stuff.

Bringer of Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Was only able to do a few gifts this year.
    (Helped with) A bedroom set for my grandmother, her house was lit up by an arsonist last summer and she is living with my parents now.
    A tonka military truck for my nephew
    Chromecast for father
    Beer tap handle for father, to match the last porter he put on tap
    G100 mouse for my mother
    Earbuds for my mother
    A few "toys" and clothes for girlfriend

Received:
    Cherry sleigh bed frame, slightly too large for my bedroom.. I need to move my PC desk into the spare office now
    Bath towels set
    A nice framed print for my upcoming anniversary
    A toaster (mine broke last month!)
    $1k bonus from work
    $200 cash from Grandmother
    $150 Macy's
    $100 Nordstrom
    $25 Lowes
    $25 Dutch Bros(coffee)
    $25 Subway

I wish my work would give out bonuses a week before Christmas, I could have gotten more people stuff.