1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 13 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 20 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ahh sorry I missed your post (I filter images on browser at work so sometimes it's hard to keep track on purely text alone)

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I still wouldn't mind an 'instance' TT to play against people from other servers

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

i saw that you can't win/steal cards from other people, but has it been mentioned if you can trade with one another?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I honestly wonder how rewards will work for this? I know with NPCs you might win a card... but for players will it just be for fun? I don't mind it just being for fun TBH, but I'm curious if there will be any incentives to play (like a daily roulette to battle a random person for gil )

Again, I'm content with TT being "For fun" when playing other players though :D

Also, I'm in the boat of "I hope they remake/just use the FF8 Music for it (Boogie or Shuffle?)"

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

They could issue tokens or points for winning and losing, and exchange them for cosmetics and other cards.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Game needs money matches

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    Game needs money matches
    Yeah, maybe this will give money some kind of purpose... wait circular argument.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Card ranks pls.

Must play with other people in order to rank up, free matches don't affect rank, potential duty finder for card matches cross-server. Higher ranks unlock minions, skins, booster packs.

Make at least 3-4 Magic, YuGiOh, Pokemon TCG references in accomplishments / cards available.
    Quest: It's time to D-dddduel

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I am sure there may be some achievement based rewards, hopefully more then a title though. The inevitable all servers tournaments if it catches on will be cool.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not that I would participate, but them making tournaments like that would be pretty awesome.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For a patch coming in 10 days, there has been a surprising lack of promotion, hasn't there?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, I guess we will get spammed this week? Or fan fest left them without strength to do the usual routine

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Probably rushing to get everything done, from the looks of it most the content will be in 2.5 A patch (dungeons, the final crystal tower, finishing hildabrand, odin, more main story etc)

The way they explained how they do things over there, it must be last min crazyness going on.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

They do push out alot of content each patch on top of working on expansion. After reading Slycer's translations of fan fest I'm really surprised how late stuff can get finalized. There hasnt been much promotion of 2.5 but suppose they blew the load on fan fest.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Nama View Post
    They do push out alot of content each patch on top of working on expansion. After reading Slycer's translations of fan fest I'm really surprised how late stuff can get finalized. There hasnt been much promotion of 2.5 but suppose they blew the load on fan fest.
    You shouldn't be surprised at all, lol.

Yoshi-P and Takai have long stated the fact that they work until the very last possible minute before a patch is released. To that extent, they never set an arbitrary "final" date; it's been implied that they've even pushed work up to just a couple (1-2) of days from patch date before.

I think what happens is the fact that we as FFXIV players want to have that constant stream of information coming in like how it was from vanilla 2.0 to 2.2. Ironically, I think those days are long beyond us now, partially in part to BG (and Reddit). We've since uncovered so much potential information about the game now (since the FFXIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Articles-and-Translated-Interviews page I created), that Yoshi-P and Takai probably took notice and changed up their plans so that any new information comes directly from Live Letters now, while news outlets now get rehashes of information from said Live Letters (you can tell this happens because you start to see "interviews" pop up right after a Live Letter, with similar information).

If Slycer is ever ready to take up the cause, we should only expect big information now from translated Famitsu/Game Watch transcriptions of Live Letters -- transcriptions which tend to add just a little more information than the Live Letter themselves because they get to clarify and flesh out what was said. I fully expect us to get the overdose of FFXIV expansion information in late March however.

Quote Originally Posted by Nama View Post
    They do push out alot of content each patch on top of working on expansion.
    Hm, then they've done a good job hiding it all.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

They love to hide most all the actual important info till after the patch is out, so the marketboard prices can do some insane rollercoastering >.>

especially the mystery crafting gear (which i bet is mainly accessories and the crafter artistan body)

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Hm, then they've done a good job hiding it all.
    Being obtuse doesn't help. Considering most of the work they've done on this game has been on the back of another game (1.0) or pushing towards something new (3.0) they've done a great job. The lock outs are unfortunate but I'd only really hate it if it continued to 3.0.

But I guess an average of 3 dungeons, 1 raid and 1-2 new bosses (as well as MSQ and side quests, random events and new items) is hiding all the content.

Can we stop referring to coil as a "raid".

It's 4 boss fights.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

The game refers to it is a raid, therefore for the purposes of discussing FFXIV it's a raid.

Can we stop referring to hard modes as dungeons? They're just trash funnels.