Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Fire Emblem If/Fates

Spoiler: show

A new game in the Fire Emblem series is coming to Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems. Developed by the same team who created Fire Emblem: Awakening, the new adventure adds challenges never before seen in the series and asks players to make decisions that will affect the game’s world in new ways.
    The game is in development at Intelligent Systems, with character design by Kozaki Yusuke and story by Shin Kibayashi. While the game is still to be titled or dated in North America and Europe, in Japan it is called Fire Emblem If and is due out this summer.
    http://gematsu.com/2015/01/new-fire-...-announced-3ds

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Holy crap they got feet this time around.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

feet are abound! this game is the new savior!

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Only if Waifu/Husbando system comes back.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Gimme.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't even need to know anything about it and I'm sold. I do so enjoy these games. I would like if they reintroduced the marriage thing but I thin that was unique because of the time travel stuff... You could make such OP characters that way though, but it was rewarding.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Don't even need to know anything about it and I'm sold. I do so enjoy these games. I would like if they reintroduced the marriage thing but I thin that was unique because of the time travel stuff... You could make such OP characters that way though, but it was rewarding.
    It worked well in Genealogy of Holy War. I would be fine with marriage/child system returning as long as you're locked into one class tree and not 10. I like being forced to pick between Rogue and Assassin, Hero or Myrmidon, etc. and being limited in who to promote until the last 30% of the game.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Day motherfucking one.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

It's really too bad the pairing system is apparently making a return. Hopefully the game will at least have differentiated mission objectives, unlike Awakening.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I dunno, I liked the Pairing system. Made using characters you get later on easier because they can gain EXP without the risk of being demolished. Less of an issue in Awakening I suppose because of the multiple ways to gain EXP on low-level characters, but I liked it all the same.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    It worked well in Genealogy of Holy War. I would be fine with marriage/child system returning as long as you're locked into one class tree and not 10. I like being forced to pick between Rogue and Assassin, Hero or Myrmidon, etc. and being limited in who to promote until the last 30% of the game.
    Assassin, no question.

I only got to play the GBA ones, but the Thief you get early on in each game was a beast as an Assassin. Really looking forward to playing another one. Absolutely a day one purchase.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

The only two Assassins that ever mattered were Jaffar and Volke. Volke is a fucking killing machine.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The only two Assassins that ever mattered were Jaffar and Volke. Volke is a fucking killing machine.
    I had made Matthew an Assassin in the first one and he definitely rocked it. I only played through once or twice though so I never went the other route with him.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Coming in 2016

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Maximum hype for this game. It looks so good.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Welp, if the NA version is like this, someone's gonna need to be responsible for alerting the rest of us for when this goes on sale. Need all three versions >.>;

Fire Emblem if, which features two warring factions, is going to be available in two boxed retail versions (above), each one playing through the game from one side’s perspective, with a different story and unique characters. If you buy one of these boxed versions and want to see how the other goes down, though, you can buy the other campaign as DLC at a discounted rate.

(Oh, and there’s a third campaign, included in neither boxed edition, that’s available only as DLC.)

There’ll also be a special edition made available, which bundles the light, dark and third campaign in a single purchase, along with other stuff like an art book (below).
    http://kotaku.com/japans-new-fire-em...azy-1695153130

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

From what I've heard of the JP direct, it is set up that way for Japan's market and that market only. With the NA direct I would assume it would be sold at least story 1+2 as the main game then part 3 as discounted DLC, if not all 3 in one box.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Two different directions and different characters but the exact same gameplay as in every other one. Revolutionary. Mocking aside, I'd still buy em both :3

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    From what I've heard of the JP direct, it is set up that way for Japan's market and that market only. With the NA direct I would assume it would be sold at least story 1+2 as the main game then part 3 as discounted DLC, if not all 3 in one box.
    This is my understanding as well, but we'll have to see. In USD, one+DLC-other is roughly $55, so if they're each at least half the content of Awakening it's still a decent proposition. I'd be surprised if they stick to that distribution model outside Japan, but I'd buy both without really even thinking about it honestly. Awakening was fantastic.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I put on my robe and pirate hat.

They trying to turn this into pokemon or something..?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast