1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -5 hours, -19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Free trial     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

edit:nm i need to l2read

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I played this game for months at release, but I have been out of the scene for a while. How much of the game has changed in the last 6 months or so, that would make it difficult to jump back in and catch up? Last place I left off, IIRC, was a level 30 paladin.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well you haven't really touched most of the game yet. You could get to 50 pretty darn quick on old because of roulette and adventurer in need bonuses. Your biggest challenge would be gearing up for the harder dungeons. You'll have to complete each tier of dungeons to get gear to get to next tier. I went from level 47 pld to ilvl 100 in about two weeks

Yes doesn't take long. . Taking a break from dungeons and raid to level crafts. Currently I am i101 blm

Question. . Does bg have a presence on Excalibur? Saw a guy with order of blue garter fc today harvesting

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Well you haven't really touched most of the game yet. You could get to 50 pretty darn quick on old because of roulette and adventurer in need bonuses. Your biggest challenge would be gearing up for the harder dungeons. You'll have to complete each tier of dungeons to get gear to get to next tier. I went from level 47 pld to ilvl 100 in about two weeks
    Or you can just do hunts and get to i110 within a few hours and 0 dungeons.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonxel View Post
    Question. . Does bg have a presence on Excalibur? Saw a guy with order of blue garter fc today harvesting
    That's the XIV BG, which is an offshoot of what I guess could be considered WoW BG after the initial splitting of old XI BG. Certainly not the new-this-forum-BG other than a few people who both play on Excalibur and post on these forums.

Alright thanks lol cause I didn't recognize any of their names

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I jumped back into the game, and the issue I am having now, is remembering what I need to do to play my job and all of that. I ended as a warrior, not a paladin, and I can't seem to figure out the order of abilities I need to use to be effective. Keep in mind I know my job is supposed to be tank but even as that I am getting whooped on by mobs of equal level as me, and I just don't do enough damage to do squat.

I have just normal quest gear on right now, because I can't seem to find where to get better gear, and haven't played in a long time, i'm worried of jumping into dungeons for fear of being ridiculed for not playing well. I was trying to do the main mission scenario where I have to destroy the large boulder while the other guy destroys the small one, and I can't even get it half-way down before he blows the other one up.

I was going to post my character sheet, but I cant post a link to it until i'm over my 10 post count, but my character name is Justin Michael, on the Ragnarok server, if anybody cares to look it up.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by ex0r View Post
    I was trying to do the main mission scenario where I have to destroy the large boulder while the other guy destroys the small one, and I can't even get it half-way down before he blows the other one up.
    You're not supposed to. You're supposed to go destroy the bombs, because he's cheating.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Well... that makes sense.. If only the game would have actually told me that. I had implied that you are supposed to destroy your boulder before his bomb goes off..

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Well i destroyed my boulder before his bombs went off #monkfolyf