+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Titanss View Post
    ? he worked with him on 21 grams ain't he allowed to bust his balls?
    im guessing most people didnt realize they were homeboys because most people are fucking twats.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

That's what I was thinking. everyone prob forgot about that movie or think birdman is his 1st film, and that's sad

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

also I saw his new film is gonna have Dicaprio and Hardy and is gonna be a badass true story revenge piece. dicaprio plays a guy who gets mauled by a bear and his homeboys leave him to die so he's goes and fucks em up

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Listening to the radio this morning, one person stated "All they did was stick glasses sideways on Redmaynes face in attempt to make him look like Hawking" I dont know why, but I lost my shit over that. I had to google the dude, he looks completely normal, they couldn't have found somebody a little more convincing to play hawking?

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Movie trivia

Eddie Redmayne met with Stephen Hawking only once before filming. "In the three hours I spent with him, he said maybe eight sentences," recalls Redmayne. "I just didn't feel like I could ask him intimate things." Therefore, he found other ways to prepare for the role. He lost about 15 pounds and trained for four months with a dancer to learn how to control his body. He met with 40 ALS patients, kept a chart tracking the order in which Hawking's muscles declined, and stood in front of a mirror for hours on end, contorting his face. Lastly, he remained motionless and hunched over between takes, so much so that an osteopath told him he had altered the alignment of his spine. "I fear I'm a bit of a control freak," Redmayne admits. "I was obsessive. I'm not sure it was healthy."

Quote Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
    Listening to the radio this morning, one person stated "All they did was stick glasses sideways on Redmaynes face in attempt to make him look like Hawking" I dont know why, but I lost my shit over that. I had to google the dude, he looks completely normal, they couldn't have found somebody a little more convincing to play hawking?
    To win the Oscar for best actor and or actress you simply have to follow a very simple guideline: portray a character with some sort of disability. Be it a mental disability, physical disability or neurological disability. Anything that involves actors having to "prepare" for a role by doing the same kind of research a college student does will suffice. The two actors who won said awards this time around both portrayed characters with disabilities (Moore portrayed a woman with Alzheimer's and Redmayne portraying a character with ALS.) That's pretty much all there is to it. I didn't see The Theory of Everything and I'm sure Redmayne did a wonderful job at portraying Steven Hawking but the name of the award is Best Actor not Best Actor who can Fool Me Into Thinking They Are Retarded. Other actors who have won Oscars for portraying character with disabilities include Colin Firth, Dustin Hoffman, Jamie Foxx, Tom Hanks, etc.

As an addendum, if the actor or actress portrays a character who is gay but the actor themselves is not, that is also usually an automatic Oscar win. See: Charlize Thereon, Hilary Swank, Sean Penn.

Edit: Tom Hanks holds the distinction of having an Oscar for portraying both a character who is mentally disabled and a homosexual (Forrest Gump and Philadelphia respectively.) Bastard knows what it takes to grab the gold.

Honestly, every time I see an actor or actress getting an Oscar for portraying someone with a disability I just think of the Tropic Thunder "don't go full retard" bit.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

American Dad did a great spoof episode about how to win an oscar lol.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
    so in the clip they showed of him last night that was literally what they did, crooked glasses. Chris O'donnell would have crushed this role

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Titanss View Post
    also I saw his new film is gonna have Dicaprio and Hardy and is gonna be a badass true story revenge piece. dicaprio plays a guy who gets mauled by a bear and his homeboys leave him to die so he's goes and fucks em up
    this sounds incredible

just looked it up, here is the IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1663202/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_2

I actually saw a reddit thread or something about the person this is based on a few months ago. Total badass. gonna see if i can find it

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Bro I wish I could show you the article I read about place they are filming it's fucking crazy, like they only have 4 hrs a day to film or some shit (i'm thinking it's going to have that fincher edge). Yes it is going to be so fucking awesome

Edit I think it's in Calgary

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Keep your shit posting exclusive to poopdeck lol.
    My apologies for not knowing this was shitspam. I'll never understand the douchebromance folks have for NPH.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    My apologies for not knowing this was shitspam. I'll never understand the douchebromance folks have for NPH.
    He's overrated as all fuck. He was good in Dr Horrible.... That's about it.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    He's overrated as all fuck. He was good in Dr Horrible.... That's about it.
    http://media.giphy.com/media/qEpDaeeyIiNMI/giphy.gif

Seriously though, Barney Stinson carried HIMYM (well... all the characters except Ted rocked on HIMYM) and NPH has been consistently crushing it on broadway for the last few years. Albeit, I doubt you care about that last bit.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    I, for one, was lol'ing at your Snowden fellatio in BentGeek, but whatevs.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't watch the guy's TV shows but I did think he made a good creepy guy in Gone Girl.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7