1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 11 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 11 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 2.5 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

it's incredibly likely to be the location of the final duty, like Garuda takes place in the Howling Eye, while you can infer some things from the location of the Duty it doesn't necessarily tell you what you're fighting (though you can hazard guesses, they're no more right than they were before the notes went up, unless you were seriously thinking Omega)

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Just thought it was kind of funny they censored the location everywhere the Duty is directly referenced but then potentially slipped up at the end with a seemingly unrelated list of auto-translated terms.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I just assumed spaghetti code and there being an issue if you tried to reset multiple skills in quick succession.
    At least it appears automated rather than having to add <wait.1> to every line where it's used.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I don't thing "the void" is going to be the arena for the unknown trial, only because the name isn't proper at all. If it were proper it would be The Void much like how every arena has the first letter of every word capitalized, the void could just be another name for WoD because that's kinda exactly where it is, in the void.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Why did they add Playstation Move functionality? lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I don't thing "the void" is going to be the arena for the unknown trial, only because the name isn't proper at all. If it were proper it would be The Void much like how every arena has the first letter of every word capitalized, the void could just be another name for WoD because that's kinda exactly where it is, in the void.
    I was about to agree with this reasoning, and they even referred to WoD area as the void in some of the JP interview stuff, but if you look at the patch notes there is an achievement for (presumably) completing the first ??? main story quest called "Out of the Dark," and based on the requirements for the ??? battle, the battle is part of that first quest, so I'm not really sure.

Spoiler: show
    It probably has to do with "Secret Ascian Man: Defeat ??? in ???" also, so I'm guessing we're fighting an Ascian.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

With all that's going on in XIV and it's connections to other Final Fantasy games, it could easily mean World of Darkness, the Main Storyline (Ascians, Isle of Val) or even sidestories (Gilgamesh & Enkidu, Black Mage Storyline, Shantotto).

The Void has been set up so heavily now, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a special fight against the new Ascian foe that we've been seeing in the previews. We've seen the small scene in the previews with Minfilia holding up that special rock that traps aether and what not. It may be something as simple as trapping the new Ascian guy and we gather a team of 8 to fight the dude in the void.

I think everyone wants to expect this special fight to be against some iconic Final Fantasy boss for nostalgia, but they could just as well throw a curveball and make it a main scenario based fight.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

How is doing exactly what everyone expects a "curveball"

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    How is doing exactly what everyone expects a "curveball"
    We at BG aren't "everyone" sir. Not everyone can sniff out the supremely obvious like we can.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Anyone thinking the "mystery trial" is some throwback and not the Main Scenario, especially after the patch notes, is pretty retard. I'll eat my hat if it isn't MSQ

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Anyone thinking the "mystery trial" is some throwback and not the Main Scenario, especially after the patch notes, is pretty retard. I'll eat my hat if it isn't MSQ
    Truth be told, I didn't even read the patch notes beforehand when I made my conjecture, just assumed it was the location of the fight from just reading what was being talked about here. You can very easily assume that it has to be an MSQ fight just from watching the video alone (random new Ascian comes outta nowhere, 2 previous fights vs Ascians).

I'll have a hearty lol watching you eat your hat if it isn't MSQ.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

While I like some of the QoL changes, this one...
    http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a5a...d038115_21.png
    When using a gamepad, the default selection is Wait.
    Why the fuck why?!? You queue for duty, you fuckin click for duty, no wait! Duty! Now!
    Seriously, I thought 1.0 players bitched hard at all these "are you sure?" bullshit menu's, that SE removed them. Since 2.0 the only thing I see is this shit slowly returning fuckin everywhere. If I am stupid enough to click something then it's my own fuckin fault. Fuckin moron-proofing of the game seriously pissin me off by now.

SE, if you're that dead set on moron-proofing your game (prolly for new 3.0 players), can I at least have a config option where I can tick a box if I want the moron menu's or not? Thanks.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Ascian dude isn't "out of nowhere" either, we see him after beating Shiva (Hard), granted he's just "???" but it's the same VA in English, so I have to imagine the same holds true for DE/FR/JP. Not to mention the same model.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

World of Darkness was also listed in the auto-translated terms so it would be a little redundant for The Void to simply be synonymous.

Edit: Is that also the same Ascian we see at the end of the other Primal EX quests?

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ascian dude isn't "out of nowhere" either, we see him after beating Shiva (Hard), granted he's just "???" but it's the same VA in English, so I have to imagine the same holds true for DE/FR/JP. Not to mention the same model.
    He's still new to the storyline at large is what I meant. He's the new Ascian dude we now have to deal with who doesn't include Eldibus, Nabriales & Lahabrea. If we really want to argue semantics, we've probably seen him as early as 2.0 (after Ultima Weapon) vs 2.4. He's just the most recent face of enemy that's being newly or reintroduced.

It's probably worth rewatching previous cutscenes after primals to see.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

We haven't seen him before, and nah he wasn't the ones at the end of the EX primal quests. Those are Ascian of the Twelfth Sword/Cup somethingy taroty.

His mask is unique to him, like Lahabrea's is, so I'm going to assume we've never met him before.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

We haven't seen him before, and nah he wasn't the ones at the end of the EX primal quests. Those are Ascian of the Twelfth Sword/Cup somethingy taroty.

His mask is unique to him, like Lahabrea's is, so I'm going to assume we've never met him before.
    Actually, I think we have seen him. He should be Pashtarot. This might be a stretch, but re-watch the cutscene at the end of 2.0, with the Ascians in Zodiark's domain (esp the part where they all raise their hands and say "To Zodiark!"). Pashtarot looks like he has some sideburns, similar to the Ascian in the 2.5 preview shots. I did however just took a quick looksie on a Youtube video, actually turning on the PC to watch the replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    While I like some of the QoL changes, this one...

Why the fuck why?!? You queue for duty, you fuckin click for duty, no wait! Duty! Now!
    Seriously, I thought 1.0 players bitched hard at all these "are you sure?" bullshit menu's, that SE removed them. Since 2.0 the only thing I see is this shit slowly returning fuckin everywhere. If I am stupid enough to click something then it's my own fuckin fault. Fuckin moron-proofing of the game seriously pissin me off by now.

SE, if you're that dead set on moron-proofing your game (prolly for new 3.0 players), can I at least have a config option where I can tick a box if I want the moron menu's or not? Thanks.
    Playing with a controller the duty window pops and is auto-focused so if you press X (select, used for everything) you're immediately confirmed.

ie. It's really easy to click confirm when you're not ready because the window popped while you were doing literally anything that involved the X button (everything).

Seriously, calm your tits.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

In the middle of buying something from an NPC? Nope, enjoy your dungeon.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

You want to send your retainer out and the timer pops up? Have fun in your dungeon/primal fight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast