1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 21 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 2.5 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Probably why they're adding a Frontline Roulette now, hoping people will do it at least once a day.

Still, I wish they would add an Unaffiliated PVP system.
    I would like for them to quit being in the past and make DF stuff per region rather than per data center.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'd rather they mixed JP, EU and NA servers into DF. So that when it's quiet in one region and busy in another it balances out.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Even though this was used for the Chinese version of the game, I really hope this is what we get

Fuck that give me this

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2..._-_FF6_iOS.png

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I would like for them to quit being in the past and make DF stuff per region rather than per data center.
    I'm... not sure what you're talking about with being in the past. WoW is divided into battlegroups/data centers still. I can't think of many other MMOs that have multiple data centers, either.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    I'm... not sure what you're talking about with being in the past. WoW is divided into battlegroups/data centers still. I can't think of many other MMOs that have multiple data centers, either.
    He wants Exemple that Europe people can get in df with jp people w/e data enter they are

Yeah, good luck explaining boss fights to people speaking another language. >.>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

That and the NA, EU, and JP communities utilize the DF for different purposes (learning vs clearing). Add in the language barriers and it just isn't worth the hassle.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Seemed to work well enough in XI.

SE doesn't even allow you to do anything hard in DF, so it's not like we're talking about cutting edge content.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I was gonna come bustin in here all about Titan EX but by the time they made it DFable it was piss easy, so yeah, correct-o-mundo.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I was gonna come bustin in here all about Titan EX but by the time they made it DFable it was piss easy, so yeah, correct-o-mundo.
    You could DF Titan EX since day one of its implementation, the restrictions started in 2.2

I'm still not sure why the DF restrictions were ever implemented to begin with.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    You could DF Titan EX since day one of its implementation, the restrictions started in 2.2
    Ahhhhh I stand corrected. Yes, that shit was hard, then. I ain't even gonna lie.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I'm still not sure why the DF restrictions were ever implemented to begin with.
    GMs were probably flooded with people complaining about trash-talkers in DF each time a new fight came out. Force players to make their own groups and you're less likely to have people calling someone a dumbass because now they don't have the option to endlessly withdraw without consequences. Now players will just trash talk in linkshells. I mean shit, they still won't let us send tells while we're in duties or do anything with social windows for that matter. They want players to play nice, but obviously they still have to force the issue.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    I'd rather they mixed JP, EU and NA servers into DF. So that when it's quiet in one region and busy in another it balances out.
    I wish they did this but my situation isn't the same as most. I'm on an EU server because I used to live in the UK but emigrated to the US. And I refuse to server transfer as all my friends of 10+ years from XI are on Ragnarok. But yeah, by the late NA evening it's absolutely dead for me.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    GMs were probably flooded with people complaining about trash-talkers in DF each time a new fight came out. Force players to make their own groups and you're less likely to have people calling someone a dumbass because now they don't have the option to endlessly withdraw without consequences. Now players will just trash talk in linkshells. I mean shit, they still won't let us send tells while we're in duties or do anything with social windows for that matter. They want players to play nice, but obviously they still have to force the issue.
    I always figured no tells in duties was a technical issue due to you not being on your server and the possibility of characters with the same name being on different servers.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Seemed to work well enough in XI.

SE doesn't even allow you to do anything hard in DF, so it's not like we're talking about cutting edge content.
    It... never existed in XI. What?

In shouts, at least, you were able to clearly identify a group's intention, but the Party Finder does that in XIV.

The other obvious issue with cross-region DFing is the actual connection. People already lag playing on their own data centre. You want to move them off to one located in bum-fuck nowhere? Good luck with that.

Edit: That's exactly the issue with not being able to send tells in instances. Before someone asks why you can't send tells to someone else in the same instance, it's possible to have two (or more) people with identical names in the instance because they're only unique on a server by server basis.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    I always figured no tells in duties was a technical issue due to you not being on your server and the possibility of characters with the same name being on different servers.
    A GM can send you a tell while you're on the DF server so it's not impossible

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I wish they did this but my situation isn't the same as most. I'm on an EU server because I used to live in the UK but emigrated to the US. And I refuse to server transfer as all my friends of 10+ years from XI are on Ragnarok. But yeah, by the late NA evening it's absolutely dead for me.
    And I'm on an NA server and based in the UK. Along with a bunch of Australians! I used to hang out with a mixed group for years in XI and we ended up on an NA server. We do okay but it doesn't make sense to me to not mix things up.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    It... never existed in XI. What?
    I'm not talking about "duty finder;" I'm talking about people grouping up to accomplish mundane, grindable everyday content.

read: EXP

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    It isn't because you're still talking to FC/LS. It's a (stupid) design choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast