So I'm nowhere near as savvy on the topic of information security as I'd like to be. I'm thinking of taking up a more invested interest in the coming months as it's an industry field I'm looking into if I decide to Master's out of my PhD program.

I'd like to get a baseline of good information, but given the nature of the question, general googling seems like pretty crappy idea when I don't know enough to weigh the information I'm reading.

I wanted to hear from some of you guys who know more your opinions on Tor vs. I2P vs. any other anonymizers out there. I've used Tor for a while, but I've read that since the Silk Road takedown it's come too heavily into the spotlight to be reliable for solid security these days.

I'm not looking to go full Titanss over here and start ordering heroin off of Silk Road v2.0 but I do like to keep as much information as I can anonymous, and I like to educate myself as much as I can. So any discussion / links / general reading info that you guys can throw me would be much appreciated.