Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm pretty much just starting out so I'm doing bullshit entry level stuff like A+(thankfully work is paying for it otherwise I wouldn't bother at all since I have N+) and Sec+ but I'm aiming for the CCNA certs and CISSP within the next few years. I'm just hoping to leverage my experience that I'm getting now and the fact that work is paying for me to get certs and take classes so I can get a better job within the next 5-10 years.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

if you've ever built your own PC or even fixed your own / friends, then you're good to go for A+. Net+ helped me understand the basics (I've never been big on networks and logical theories) for CCNA. Hoping all is well, I plan to sit down and really plan out where I want to be in my IT career. I've been content with simple Help Desk but the money isn't there anymore.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    Actually doing my CCNA tomorrow morning. The basic Q&A I'm not worried about but the interactive labs are still freaking me out.
    They're pretty straight forward. Just try not to over think any of the simulation questions. A lot of commands you think you need to follow through with are disabled, so if you get that message, just move on.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    if you've ever built your own PC or even fixed your own / friends, then you're good to go for A+. Net+ helped me understand the basics (I've never been big on networks and logical theories) for CCNA. Hoping all is well, I plan to sit down and really plan out where I want to be in my IT career. I've been content with simple Help Desk but the money isn't there anymore.
    Pretty much this. The only stupid part of A+ is memorizing exact specs for old hardware. Bus speed of a Pentium II and release year of the first AMD Athlon; really CompTIA?