FFXI Server
    Valefor

All good things must come to an end =/

At least give us the last 3 episodes though ;_;

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Terrible. I hope they release the already filmed footage.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

God, i think this should belong in the celebrity death thread in a way, 2015 took top gear from us. ; ;

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah I was thinking about doing that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This is literally the worst news ever.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I really don't understand the logic behind not airing the remaining episodes, but anyway, that's the Beeb's call, but aren't they still contractually bound to provide them to the distributors, such as BBCA?

My DVR perennially lacks proper listings for Top Gear premieres and yet manages to record them, so I really don't have any idea if I'm getting it or not.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Wouldn't be surprised if they need Clarkson's permission to air anything he appears in, which he obviously isn't going to give them.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

That would be an enormously one-sided clause to have in a media performance contract. I highly doubt the lawyers would've given them that much leeway.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Apparently we've all been fooled lulz. He's still suspended tho and they're still not airing the 3 episodes :/ What did they show last night btw? reruns?

http://jalopnik.com/jeremy-clarksons...9-e-1691668505

Jeremy Clarkson's 'I Quit Top Gear' Column Is From 1999, Everyone. 1999.

See that guy? That's 1999 Jeremy Clarkson, and he's very disappointed. He's disappointed because people keep reading something he wrote back then and mistaking it for news that future him is leaving Top Gear now, in 2015. That makes him a sad Clarkson, and so he has to go console himself by listening to Smash Mouth or Fastball or whatever.
    Jeremy Clarkson Hints At The Death Of Top Gear With Dinosaur Metaphors

Thanks to some clickbaiting* assholes at an obscure car website who took his allusion-heavy Sun column as fact for the sake of Internet traffic, everybody thinks Clarkson is quitting Top Gear for good and that the show is canceled forever. In reality, none of that has been confirmed or even hinted at by any other sources.

It also doesn't help things that Clarkson wrote this other column about leaving Top Gear, and it's making the rounds also as supposed proof that the show is done for good. Just one problem: that column is from March 1999, where it appeared in Top Gear Magazine and was republished online at some point.

That's right. 1999, not 2015. It's from the first time he left Top Gear, only to return for its 2002 relaunch. But the problem with writing for the Internet is that nobody actually bothers to read things on the Internet, so it's being taken as a resignation notice from this year, despite two notes on the date and references to cars like the Cadillac Seville and Vauxhall Vectra. (Spoiler alert, they don't make those anymore.)

To recap: Clarkson hasn't announced he's quitting Top Gear yet, and no one knows what's going to happen with the show's future. That may change, but we're not there yet, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

(*Go ahead and say that's the pot calling the kettle black when it comes from a Gawker Media writer, but if straight-up lying to people with the headline "UPDATE: Jeremy Clarkson Quits Top Gear, Show Cancelled for Good" isn't clickbaiting, then I don't know what is.)

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

There seems to be a large number of [anti-top gear/anti-jeremy clarkson] people who thinks the show will do just as well if the 3 are replaced.

I'm sorry but that is simply not true.

I dunno if anyone here can agree to my list of reasons:

1. The interaction between the 3 is a joy to watch
    2. The sometimes staged but otherwise frequently offensive remarks they come out with is a joy to hear in a day where anything can be offensive
    3. It's really a show about 3 men that hasn't really grown up, and pissing around with toys
    4. It's not entirely a motoring show in a sense that very frequently they do things which, whilst it uses vehicles, are not traditional (i.e. any of the challenges they do)

~ I'm aware there's a Top Gear USA that's currently running and ongoing, but does anyone here (especially those in the US) watch it?

I can't imagine them trying to continue the show with 3 new presenters who probably never really spent enough time with each other as these 3 have to create an interesting show to watch. If you attempt to watch Top Gear Australia (even beyond the first episode, I watched the first series), you can see they try very hard to be like the default trio, but it just feels too forced (scripted?) and unnatural. Not sure about Top Gear USA, which is still ongoing, and Korea. Australia and Russia have ran out of gas [excuse the pun lol]

I suppose the only way this would work is to pull 3 guys out from somewhere where they've already extensively melded well and are good mates. Some in my mind are:

Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, ???
    Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, ???
    Peter Jones, Duncan Bannatyne, Theo Paphitis (all from Dragon's Den, their interactions with each other are gold in the show)

Sure they're not car presenters but their acting career/on camera interactions are what's important.

edit2: I'll take Lewis Hamilton in a car show, he's a cool guy, but I dunno 2 others to pair him up with. His interaction with Arnold Schwarzenegger yesterday after winning was hilarious... "I thought you'd be taller" lolololol

@Omniyoji
    edit: they [re]showed a documentary on these planes that perform at airshows, which was rumoured to be the most popular documentary.

Sadly, the usual 5million viewers on BBC2 last night at 8pm dropped to 1.3million

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

there's hope..

thank god, i was so sad.

re: does anyone watch top gear US

hahaha

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Wow, I'm just...

Probably my favorite TV show of all time

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

They showed a rerun of something last night, it was 4mil viewers below the TG averages at 1.4m or something. So it was a huge blow.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm from the US and I don't watch Top Gear US

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

i've always wondered how they keep that show on the air, as no one i know that speaks of top gear is ever speaking of it's US variant, unless they're making fun of it.

the most i've seen of their presenters was during the crossover with the UK, and they are quite cringeworthy. in comparison, at least.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    I'm from the US and I don't watch Top Gear US
    I don't like Adam Corolla, so I haven't seen it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I watch it. They have some fun episodes now that they've gotten into a grove of what the show actually is. It's basically an adventure trip every show with some random cars new or old. Also doesn't have Adam Corolla.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I actually gave the first season a chance, and it was bad. It took them time to shake off the stiffness and nerves that were pretty obvious in the first 3 eps. Then they were trying too hard to americanize the UK version, copied the same exact challenges from old UK (helicopter chase for example). Overall, they had very few funny moments, but tried too hard to be UK. The test track was horrible by all means. At least they had Michelle Rodriguez.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast