Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All registration info lost...

So I get home and I try to log in and it goes thru the whole you have to register an account to log in blah blah. All the accounts I had registered were gone but everything seemed fine when I logged on last night and when I logged off this morning... even weirder one account was still logged into the computer.

Anyone know wtf causes this?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Did you log out correctly? If my computer freezes or loses power, that'll occasionally happen to me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah /shutdown. Like I said I even left one account still on and it was still running when I tried to log back in... well maybe not completely "correctly". For whatever reason when I try to log out of multiple instances of the game even if I stagger the log outs the first one does just fine but then the 2nd+ ones go to the small windowed black screen almost everytime with both windower and ashita

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So I get home and I try to log in and it goes thru the whole you have to register an account to log in blah blah. All the accounts I had registered were gone but everything seemed fine when I logged on last night and when I logged off this morning... even weirder one account was still logged into the computer.

Anyone know wtf causes this?
    Same exact thing happened to me last month and wonder if it depended on Windower or anything else.
    I had to re-register my account (create name, polID, pol password, SE account password) and all the basic POL settings were gone (autologout after X minutes, profanity filter etc). Also the additional accounts I had for my mules (which do not have active content IDs atm, but I still had their accounts there) were gone.

If you get a clue what caused this I'll be very curious to know.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

This happened to me frequently when I would log in more than 4 characters at a time, and if I deleted the wrong one from the list, the whole list would wipe itself, or become corrupt to the point where the only remedy would be to reinstall POL which luckily was never a major issue and didn't take long at all but was still a unpleasant pain in the ass.

Campaign
    BG Level

It can't be multiboxing, I haven't multiboxed in like one year or something.