1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Yea, I don't see how the fight is hard to explain at all. Queue as a tank or healer and just eat the meteors yourself if you honestly don't think the randoms will get it.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

One group I was in failed the DPS check 3 times, even with melee LB3 and some dps being sucked in with buffs... I simply love the fight 'cause its amusing seeing people die to orbs or getting ping ponged into a 3rd.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    I don't even bother talking about the buff duration increase since that seems to fly over a lot people's heads in DF.
    When do you pop your CDs so that they last an extended duration? I've only done the fight once so far during the MSQ, do I pop them right before I get sucked into the void portal, or do I pop them once I'm inside the void?

Right before you enter.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm just thinking how cool can this fight be if they do an EX version of it, ministrel's ballad-style. Faster orbs towards the center, orbs stun the player that took them briefly so one can't take all of them, buffing properly before being sucked in is absolutely mandatory or you won't make the DPS/healing/mitigation check inside (make it happen earlier in the fight so there's no LB3 possible, only LB1), etc. Just thinking of a tight DPS race inside fully buffed while dodging some new mechanic so it isn't simply a hitting a dummy makes me giggle.

I hope they do it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    I'm just thinking how cool can this fight be if they do an EX version of it, ministrel's ballad-style. Faster orbs towards the center, orbs stun the player that took them briefly so one can't take all of them, buffing properly before being sucked in is absolutely mandatory or you won't make the DPS/healing/mitigation check inside (make it happen earlier in the fight so there's no LB3 possible, only LB1), etc. Just thinking of a tight DPS race inside fully buffed while dodging some new mechanic so it isn't simply a hitting a dummy makes me giggle.

I hope they do it.
    2 hours later

- Odin EX too hard
    - Nerf Odin EX please
    - OEX is stupid
    - Thanks SE for stupid balance in Odin
    - Stupid Elitists kicking me from Odin PT
    - Elitists and their clear only farm pts

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prince Purrcival
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Has anyone tried doing /kneel emote during Odin's Shin Zantetsuken to survive it...?

A friend who doesn't play FF14 anymore reminded me of it from FF11's Odin fight after I've already beaten it. I'm wondering if maybe they snuck it into this game as well, and I'm really curious to try it, but I'm stuck at work! ahah

While it would be neat if it did work (and why not, the fight's only rewards are glamour anyway, even SE knows this) I seriously doubt it.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    2 hours later

- Odin EX too hard
    - Nerf Odin EX please
    - OEX is stupid
    - Thanks SE for stupid balance in Odin
    - Stupid Elitists kicking me from Odin PT
    - Elitists and their clear only farm pts
    I was talking about the Chrysalis fight, but, yeah, either way that would be the response. And I wouldn't care at all. They have their storyline mode, and then ther's the option for those who want of a harder, more fun one.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah, not sure why I keep confusing Odin with ??? fight.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

edit: I'm dumb.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Check the back room in the Lancers guild or Archers guild? Forgot which it is but there's a quest in there that you had to have done (after the one in Waking Sands), I had abandoned that back in 2.0 since it gave nothing so had to go in there (its an instanced room not on the map) to accept the quest.