1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Makes sense.
    Gotta get faster at using my mouse so I can actually read these things.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So, when doing the 2nd Mage boss in WP Hard, I can't find a consistent buff/debuff for the totems. But the colors I noticed were

Light Blue
    Blue
    Purple
    Red
    Green.

It should be noted on the first fight we did someone said red gave them Fire Resist down, In the fight we succeeded, the Green totem ALWAYS gave fire resist down, consistently to everyone who walked in one. So It might vary by fight or theres some tell we're missing... But one of the totems will give a Damage buff, and if he reabsorbs it, he gains the buff instead.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah I think it might actually be random, determined at the start of the fight.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So, first round absorb all and determine which one is +damage, then only absorb that one?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Yeah I think it might actually be random, determined at the start of the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    So, first round absorb all and determine which one is +damage, then only absorb that one?
    I think thats probably the best strategy, and based on my fight it should work like this. Cause while I didnt look as closely, i'm almost positive on the fight with the GreenFireresist totems, the same totem always gave me heavy. So its likely its determined on the first wave which one will be the damage buff one, and from there, you just absorb that one.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

When we did WP we wiped because the tank ended up hitting the reds which gave fire damage taken+, same thing on retry. The blue ones gave damage dealt+ both times, also after the wipe the random pickup told us it was blue not red for damage+, so I think it's not random, just initially misreported here.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hmm I'll update for it to be random as I firmly remember picking up red and then hovering mouse over buff to see damage up

The most important thing is though, if in doubt, just dodge them all and you'll still win, the fight will just be 1 or 2 mins longer tops lol

Last night we did expert roulette, got WP and it was the light blue color that gave damage+

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah redid it again today and the green ones weren't toad, ran thru to cancel toad from him casting it and got nothing. There was also one other switchup, I forget what. Best to just skip em except to try curing toad status.

Eh, I think the damage buff is worth it to just try to figure out the colors at the beginning of the fight.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Hmm I'll update for it to be random as I firmly remember picking up red and then hovering mouse over buff to see damage up

The most important thing is though, if in doubt, just dodge them all and you'll still win, the fight will just be 1 or 2 mins longer tops lol
    That's okay to do only if you have good enough DPS. Since if the boss sucks the totems back in and the damage up totem is still in there, he gains a stack of damage up and it's pretty potent.

I think the best way is to just try all 3 in the beginning, figure out which one is damage up, and alternate DPS picking it up. The color that doesn't appear is the toad totem. I also heard that if the same DPS picks up the damage up totem twice in a row, the boss frogs them the next time totems go out.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeh me, Gulkeeva and Octopus were discussing it just now and talking about how he sucks it back, which I did notice but I never noticed it granted him the buffs as during my attempt we figured the damage one out early and ate that instinctively. Will adjust.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I did WP HM last night and can confirm the colors are random. For my group Red = Toad and Green = DMG+ buff.

If you do wipe, the colors won't change either.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The 1st set looks to be there more or less to see what is the dmg buff. Not sure if Toad pops in the 1st set or not. After you know the colors of the rest you know it though.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Also whichever one just gives heavy isn't much of a detriment to pick up, esuna-able and if the same person picks it up the 2nd/3rd time duration is halved each time as per normal debuff rules.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niamh Rillemaugh
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

Anybody know if Caster LB works inside Cerberus? Or does it hit the roof and get wasted?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

wut

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heavy Arms
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Can't tell if serious or not. Hoping for the latter cus damn.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niamh Rillemaugh
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

/shrug bored and nobody uses LBs in WoD except on the last boss.

There are places the caster lb won't actually go off, like in the tunnels in Dzemael Darkhold.

Mostly just curious.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If serious, it works.