1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 11 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 22 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

AK Hard, WP Hard, Keeper of the Lake, and World of Darkness

Just some notes I'm gathering as I do the dungeons. In my usual tradition, I won't essay it like some others tend to do:

Currently just finished AK Hard:

AK - Hard

1st boss: It's like a mini odin. When the boss fires lasers at you (fired at our healer twice) hide behind a statue. If a status is damaged, make sure to hide behind a fresh statue next. Its charge move is unavoidable (it'll aim at you regardless).

2nd boss: When the boss goes invisible, kill the orb, you'll get a buff that counts down. When it expires, you emit a light. Run towards the stealthed boss to knock him out of invisible

Watch out for adds that appear, kill them first or they apply a bleed on oyu.

3rd boss: Very easy, no special tactics, common sense is all that is required. The circular blue swords it summons will move a bit

The slimes he places on you can be self targetted if it's on you, kill them to move again and kill the chained adds to stop his wild card move from expanding.

WP Hard

1st boss: kill spears, or it applies DoT debuff, rapidly

ON THE WAY TO SECOND BOSS: ignore the sacred standard, drag mobs out of it

2nd boss: is like a WoW shaman lol, drops totems which can be collected by players, each colour, seemingly random, grants buffs/debuffs such as damage up, fire resistance down, heavy, frog. Try to figure out which one is the damage buff one, because if left alone, the boss will absorb the buffs and will produce 5000+ damage fireballs. After you figure out the damage one, you can probably ignore the others and have the dps pick up the colour which grants damage. If you choose to ignore it, be prepared for a bit of spike damage on the tank.

3rd boss: this one places sacred standards on the floor again
    I found it best to ignore them
    Drag him to the side of the arena and then continuously move as he places them

He does put Sacred Idol down which will give him damage dealt up and damage taken down, so burn that down asap
    An add or 2 will also appear

Each time he does put an idol/standard down, he also uses Rot Gas, quite deadly, recommend to get away from him fast
    Last thing, he has a very wide cone AOE, so stand close to him if possible and get ready to dodge

Keeper of the Lake

1st Boss: bombs like the ones in brayflox hard last boss drops, we batted them to the side. they do eventually explode, I noticed this doesn't seem to hurt that much ... we pretty much ignored it and won anyway by just DPSing the boss

2nd boss: the boss's flamethrower is channeled, so don't run back in front of it until the flames disappear! it also flies around and creates fire patches on the floor like Twintania. Tank/kill adds when they come up.

3rd boss: when the face is at 91% it summons the orange dragon
    dps orange dragon until a bird appears
    kill bird, which drops an item on the floor which needs interaction, you need to do this to avoid the 1 shot mechanic of the boss

dps the face again and it summons the second dragon, which has a different moveset

face boss away from party due to breaths on both dragons
    and second dragon has "t9 rings" is what someone described it, so dodge accordingly which is just like a series of eruptions but in a ring

go to http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/124...=1#post6331187 for dein's post on Keeper of the Lake

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't think Word of Darkness warrants a separate thread. I don't remember any ability names but..

Boss one:
    • Haze a gaze doom attack. This can be removed by standing on the alternating glowing platforms.
    • Does an arena-wide unavoidable attack split down its flank in two colors. If you alternate your color you will not take damage.
    • Spawns four hourglass adds. If you kill them all, it will stop where the last one dies and after a few seconds will one-hit kill anyone in the quadrant. If you do not kill them all I don't know what happens.
    • A few other adds spawn throughout the fight, pretty harmless.

If trash pull two doesn't make you laugh you have no soul.

Boss two:
    • Mechanics are mainly related to adds. If you don't deal with adds in a timely manner, you will deal with a more severe add of the same element.
    • When the five heads spawn, AoE them down or you will be 1-hit killed at the end of the cast.
    • It has some pretty big directionals but I think everything had indicators.

Atomos is confusing if you understand it props to you just don't fall and kill the trash.

Boss three:
    • Starts tethered. Doesn't remain this way for long. It's pretty tame when tethered.
    • Has a charge attack, goes across the entire ~rectangular~ (WHAT?!) arena.
    • Spawns a sphere that casts minium. Have -one- party get affected by this and walk into the purple void zone. They will deal with some adds in a cool fun nifty neato way.
    • When those adds die, it can be re-tethered. You'll probably do that twice.

Boss four:
    • All around not a cool gal.
    • Probably would have a hard time taking a selfie.
    • Spawns comets throughout the fight over the arena (with some intermission). These need to be absorbed by two people or a tank. If nobody is standing under one you will wipe.
    • Has a move that places a target on a player and then chases them with a hard-hitting targeted attack that gives a vulnerability up debuff. It activates about fifteen times and if you stop running at all you will likely die.
    • When it moves it sends a HUEG lazerbeem down the middle. Gives vulnerability up debuff.
    • Pretty lengthy add phase that builds to an ultimate based on the number of adds you don't kill before they reach her. Small = 1, Big = 3 stacks. You're dealing with comets through this.
    • After that add phase, there is a snake add phase. I think you can kill them, maybe not but they don't need to be. If you're in their LOS after they disappear then reappear they will heavily debuff you and then disappear again.
    • There's a Qarn normal mode add phase where three orbs pop and raise a barrier that locks anyone in and out. This is a really light dps check and you -can- miss one and survive but anyone with a vulnerability debuff would easily die (~5k damage).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Expanding on 1st WoD boss:
    failing to destroy all hourglasses in a certain time limit will force the hand to stop, and bind all thats caught in the quadrant, which is guaranteed death to all in it. So the hourglasses are a DPS check. Destroying them all in time will allow you to move freely even if you are in the bad quadrant.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sorry, I meant Keep of Lake, unless you ninja edited my topic title lol, but yes lets include WoD too.

edit: noticed i kept spelling keeper of lake as "keep" lol... I'll fix that when I finish the dungeon

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

WP HM -
    1st boss - Burn it, get one DPS to deal with the angons
    2nd boss - Gets one +dmg stack for every cycle of its totem drops if they aren't all picked up. Easy to just burn it and ignore them
    3rd boss - Doom is removed by topping the target's HP off.

Keeper of the Lake gimmicks:
    1st boss - knockback bombs and keep them away from the boss
    2nd boss - Flamethrower is continous damage for 5 seconds, so get away from it
    3rd boss - The non-dragon add drops a shield generator which protects you from the full room OHKO AoE if you interact with it

Did an SR of WPHM, ended up clearing it in 16min 10s. The one pull with three mamool sets is absolutely nasty to heal though without full CDs.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    red totem: damage buff
    green: frogs you
    One of them decreases fire resistance
    2 other colours I've not figured out yet though
    Actually the red totems decrease fire resistance. I picked one up while tanking him and I started taking around 4.5k Firespits when the boss had 1 stack of det buff. The bluish totems give the damage up buff.

From what I saw during the Keeper of the Lake:

1st boss - Canisters get dropped all over the place with 2 types of them, auxiliary and main fuel tanks. You can knock the aux tanks all over the place like the bombs in Bray Hard but the main tanks are too big to be knocked around. The boss can ignite the tanks with Flamethrower and cause them to blow up after a short time. Tank explosions can cause other tanks in the blast radius to also ignite so you can get a chain reaction. Biggest thing to note is that the main tanks have an unavoidable explosion and do about 1.7k to a tank in damage and that the boss will occasionally draw in everything that can move to his current position. This includes players and aux tanks.

2nd boss - Pretty standard fight. Flamethrower will do continuous damage to the area it aims at after it starts going off so don't move back in until you see it stop the animation for it. The boss will go to one edge of the arena as well and mark someone as it's position for where it'll fly towards and leave pools of fire. 4 adds spawn halfway as well and the boss will start leaving more pools up at a time but that's about it.

3rd boss - Avoid his aoes and focus on the dragons when they revive. After a set amount of time it seemed that a bird-like add from the first boss will come in and it must be burned down quickly. The boss will start channeling an unvoidable aoe that will kill anyone but a very well geared tank unless you click on the mini generator the bird add drops. Other than that, it's a pretty simple fight with lots of aoe to avoid.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The first add for the final boss in KotL you need to keep far, the second close. Otherwise they get a vulnerability down buff. The tethers may change slightly as well to indicate, don't remember.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

To expand on WoD first boss, its doom gaze attack. If you turn your back to the mob when it is going off it will not doom you, much like petrifaction and any other gaze attacks in this game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

anyone get tank body yet? would like to see a screenie

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

So, any one of these dungeons SR'able?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    So, any one of these dungeons SR'able?
    AK seemed to have good spots for large pulls

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

First boss of WoD will cockblock bad players like a motherfucker, lol.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    anyone get tank body yet? would like to see a screenie
    There you are:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

thanks!

One detail about the dragon pets in Keeper of the Lake: if you pull them too far from Midgardsormr, the tether will begin to wobble like Vassago+Allagan Bomb and the dragon will get 50% damage reduction.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think the orange dragon needs to be pulled away from Migardsormr, while the blue dragon needs to be pulled towards Migardsormr. Thats at least what we observed last night

Vuitton

Atomos platforms in WoD:

Three platforms for all three parties. Each platform has two levels with the fight happening on the top level. The top level has a circle that will activate jumping circles on the lower level on another party's platform. Throughout the fight Atomos will target someone to be inhaled. They need to move themselves away from the rest of the party as Atomos will inhale everyone around the targeted player. It's conal. Atomos will then spit out the targeted person and anyone else inhaled to the lower level. The other parties will then need to have activated the jumping circles that will be used to get back on the upper level. An add or two spawn throughout the fight that need to be killed. If nobody is on the upper level where Atomos is the party will wipe. He will also cast shockwave that will knock everyone off the platform. You can avoid this by standing directly under him.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Is there anyway to avoid the Abandonment > Hysteria from Cerberus after it uses Ululation?
    Having the MT get hysteria and then start running around randomly is a bit annoying.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by agrotc View Post
    Is there anyway to avoid the Abandonment > Hysteria from Cerberus after it uses Ululation?
    Having the MT get hysteria and then start running around randomly is a bit annoying.
    If you're next to someone, Abandonment doesn't become Hysteria.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by agrotc View Post
    Tooltip says something about staying near your comrades (party members) while it's up. I usually just try to stack with people.

edit: beaten