Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Homeworld Remastered Collection (PC)

Spoiler: show

Homeworld Remastered Collection updates and introduces the landmark space strategy games to modern audiences. The collection includes Homeworld and Homeworld 2, painstakingly remastered by Gearbox in cooperation with key members of the original development team and members of the series’ passionate fan community. As a free bonus, this collection also includes the original versions of Homeworld and Homeworld 2 with compatibility updates, preserving the purest form of the original releases. Anyone who purchases Homeworld Remastered Collection will also receive free access to the Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta when the collection releases on February 25, 2015.

The Homeworld series has a long legacy and is regarded by many as one of the best strategy series of all time. Following its release in 1999 by publisher Sierra and developer Relic Entertainment, Homeworld received several Game of the Year awards and redefined the RTS genre. Its sequel, Homeworld 2, launched in 2003, and was similarly praised by critics for its innovative controls and changes to multiplayer. Brian Martel, Gearbox Software's Chief Creative Officer, has great love and respect for Relic's brilliant, fun and innovative franchise and personally spearheaded Gearbox Software’s acquisition of Homeworld from THQ in 2013.

Homeworld Remastered Collection refreshes these tremendous games with new, high-resolution textures and models, the latest graphics-rendering technology, as well as a fully remastered score and new voice recordings from the original cast.

Gamers who purchase Homeworld Remastered Collection will also receive access to the Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta, which kicks off alongside Homeworld Remastered Collection on February 25, 2015. Competitive multiplayer modes for Homeworld and Homeworld 2 have been joined to offer players access to races, maps and game modes from both games in one integrated multiplayer experience. This beta combines code from over 15 years ago with newly-written changes, and will be shaped by fan feedback as development progresses.
    Release Date: February 25, 2015 (NA)

Pre-Order: http://store.steampowered.com/app/244160/

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Huh. How did I miss that this was a thread? Anyway, I've been gorging on Homeworld soundtracks for the last week. I AM SO FUCKING READY FOR THIS.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I hope they fix two to be actually fun this time. Can't wait to replay 1.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I liked Two. but I never played multiplayer against people. and actually, most of what i liked better than 1 was the ships, art, and UI and whatnot. Story was... okay. It felt a little weird
    Spoiler: show
    to be going on adventures while Hiigara was under seige, but I liked the progenitor stuff

i didnt start playing until i had homeworld 2, so i played homeworld one a bit and then moved on to two, so i barely remember the story. looking forward to going through it with all the gorgeous upgrades.

i am also looking forward to mixed multiplayer, with races from both games mixing it up

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i am so fucking ready

5 days. prolly more like 8 for me 'cos i aint payin 40 bucks for same day shipping

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Broke down and bought it. I hate to pay more than 50% for a steam game, but homeworld is such a fantastic game. Unlocks in about an hour.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Mine hasn't shipped yet. I've waited many years, I can wait a bit longer.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Hate to triple post but my Collector's Edition arrived today and I wanted to share my thoughts.

The booklet is nice. Softcover, eh, but still very nice. Contains material from both games. The keychain is cool, very solid. If they made them separate, this would be a good little trinket for people wanting a little bit of Homeworld loot.

The model is a little underwhelming. It's smaller than what I'd been picturing, which I suppose is my own fault, but I'd also been under the impression it would have more lights. The only areas that light up are the hangars and the engines. I had been picturing the entire ship dotted with little lights, since it's essentially a giant city. Despite that, it's still a really really cool model. It's very detailed, even down to the rough texture on the side of the Guidestone base.

All in all, probably not worth what I paid for it, but I don't really care. It's fucking cool.

Edit: Actually, taking into account that I essentially got two copies of the game, I'd say it was worth it.