Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I find myself getting 80%+ back every time during our delve boss runs. Last night, during one of our runs, I scavenged at the very end after bee died, getting back 25 of the 29 bullets I had expended during the whole zone. Recycle OP.

With merits and feet. I'll post more data as I get it (didn't know testing was going on, didn't take note)

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Scavenge isn't random. It returns a little under half of whatever amount of Ammo I use. Burning 99 bullets gets me 48 back every time. There are two options:
    1) floor(number lost/2)-1
    2) floor(number lost*number slightly less than 0.5)

I prefer the first option, which would mean that the best way to use Scavenge is to pop it once before you zone.

Edit:
    Spent 73, got 35 back. So far it still fits formula 1.
    Spent 3, got 1 back. Fits formula 2 and doesn't fit formula 1.
    Battlemod told me I got 0 back when I actually got 1 back for reasons unclear to me, so I messed up my initial conclusions. Looks like it's just a number less than .493 and more than .484.
    500/1024 (or 125/256 if you like that better) fits within that range.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Scavenge isn't random. It returns a little under half of whatever amount of Ammo I use. Burning 99 bullets gets me 48 back every time. There are two options:

I prefer the first option, which would mean that the best way to use Scavenge is to pop it once before you zone.

Edit:
    Battlemod told me I got 0 back when I actually got 1 back for reasons unclear to me, so I messed up my initial conclusions. Looks like it's just a number less than .493 and more than .484.
    Can it return more bullets if you burn more than a stack? Can it return more than a stack if you burn more than two stacks? I'd think not, meaning you'd want to scavenge at least after every two stacks used, but maybe I'm wrong. If Scavenge fails, can you just keep trying until it works if you haven't zoned, or does "success rate" mean amount returned?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Scavenge never fails anymore; it simply returns ~50% of the ammo spent since the last time you used Scavenge (or entered the zone).

As for scavenging more than a stack back, I'm not sure... Could work up a script to test, but given recycle rates these days it has almost no practical bearing. It would take, on average (assuming merits and af2 hat), over 4000 shots to actually expend two full stacks of ammo.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I think it would only take 2000, but that's still a lot of damned ammo. Recycle proc rate seems to cap at 90%.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Edit:
    So if that was with no merits, Scavenge is either nerfed to half potency if subbed, or comes in tiers.

As COR/RNG I spent 14 bullets and got back 3 when Scavenging.