FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Dual Display issues

I recently changed from a GTX 770 to a Radeon 7990 and am having issues with using my tv as a secondary display. I'll explain how the setup was with the 770, which I did not configure at all. It's just how it worked and I would like it to be the same with the new gpu.

GTX 770 - Monitor is hooked up with dvi. TV is hooked up with hdmi. Monitor is always primary, until the tv is turned on. At that point the tv becomes the primary monitor. Also, the tv's speakers take over as the primary sound device. This is important because I use a sound bar with sub for the tv. When the tv is turned off, the monitor goes back to being the primary.

7990 - Monitor is hooked up with dvi. Tv is hooked up to the gpu using a minidisplay port to hdmi adapter as the 7990 only has 1 dvi and 4 mini displayports. The tv is not always remembered as the second monitor. When the tv is turned on and recognized it is secondary. Primary sound is the pc speakers. Must manually change primary display and sound to tv. When shutting down pc and restarting, the tv is not recognized. Need to unplug minidisplay port and plug back in to make work.

I went through CCC and I did not see (or I'm overlooking) any way to make this similar to how my 770 acted. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to make this work! Thank you~

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I think you can create a display group in ccc that will hold these settings, but you will probably need to manually switch to that group (using the tray icon or maybe a desktop right click). Would not be surprised if you can't make it happen automatically, as amd isn't known for ccc being great.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm assuming I somehow set this with Nvidia? I can't recall ever setting anything up in the Nvidia control panel, but it was awesome how it worked out. I tried earlier to sign up for AMD's forums, but every time I'd enter my password it would say invalid. I'd click for a new password, get it, and it still would say invalid. So annoying.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Figured out a workaround for this and thought I'd post in case anyone else has a similar issue or would like a configuration like this. In CCC click the 'Preference' button in the upper right corner. From there click 'HotKeys', then use the List Hotkeys For drop down and use Creating And Arranging Desktops. You can then set a hotkey for toggling between which monitor is your primary. You can also you the Windows button + "P", but I found this works better for my needs.

The sound issue was a bit trickier. After searching for resolve I stumbled across a program called Soundswitch. You can set hotkeys for which sound device you would like to be primary. Very useful if you use multiple devices. And, it's free! Only issue was my multimedia keys on my board stopped working. After updating the driver via Device Manager for the keyboard all is working as it should.