BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pandemonium Warden Lamps     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pandemonium Warden Lamps

Does Pandemonium Warden's final form repop his 10 lamps at certain intervals, or do they stay dead once you kill them? I want to solo him, and I don't have any jobs that can zerg him fast enough before Astral Flow spam, so I need to take it slow instead.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

He respawns them every time he astral flows.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Sorry for bump i just found across my mules ive got the t4 znm pops not sure if ill pop pw or w/e just considering my options and ive never tried pw before. If i did pop it would like to try it solo via duo/trio box with trusts and i dont have a pld well not geared anyway. Theese are my options: char1(best geared other 2 not so much atm): thf,mnk,geo char2 whm,thf,rdm,geo (soon) char3 whm, sam. The only thing im worried about is final phase and surviving astral spam and not having aegis. Was thinking of having each character in own pty with trusts and trying to use that to my advantage somehow thoughts?

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As somebody who's been farming Scoria for money here's some info: I kill them with my PLD friend as THF and trusts, sometimes a BLU or BRD 3rd. As a THF with a good MDT set and shell V, I can /barely/ survive astral flow if no other spell/tp move goes off during. Which is practically never, he/his lamps like to throw out an -aga III in the middle of AF. So unless my warder's charm/engulfer cape procs then I'm usually dead unless I get cured mid AF. Aegis PLD won't even hit 50% hp. Mages should be fine with stoneskin/phalanx/mdt set. Your trusts will die.

He also resists darkness so PLD will do Savage Blade and I'll close with Rudra's (Frag) and that'll bring it to under 10%, so he'll still generally get a single AF off before he dies. You'll have like a 10-15 second window before the next AF goes off to kill him, which is more than enough time. We save TP on form before final form.

2 SA/TA Rudra's would kill him if you're quick enough though.

Another thing to keep in mind, the game treats each form as a separate mob, so you still have to hit the final form with max TH gear before you kill it if you care about that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    He also resists darkness so PLD will do Savage Blade and I'll close with Rudra's (Frag) and that'll bring it to under 10%,
    SB rudra's should make distortion... anyways if that does over 90% you could always have 1 or both of you /sam for a 3-4 step skillchain ending in rudra's

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Whoops, meant distortion. Also that could work, but still might not have enough time to pull it off before first AF.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Thanks for feedback given me a lot to think about.
    Also meant to ask has anyone thrown a run against pw yet?