BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RDM Sets/MND/INT Caps?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

RDM Sets/MND/INT Caps?

So I came back to the game like 4 months ago now, I have my THF almost perfect and I'm in the process of gearing RDM so I have a support class. I quit shortly after Voidwatch came out.

I'm wondering about ideal sets for RDM. I've got the basics down but I'd like something to work toward and the plethora of mage gear on top of augments is breaking my brain.

I know Enhancing Skill basically caps at 500 for pretty much everything now, but I'm also wondering if for stuff like Slow II/Para/Para II you only need so much MND to cap potency? Same for INT/Blind.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Always depends on your target. Adoulin endgame events have mobs 128 or even higher and gates areas can have mobs up to level 125~ that you currently wont cap any potency on.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Long story short there is no universal cap. The cap is a rubberband that depends on your total MND vs Target MND(a term called Delta/Difference MND or dMND. This is the term for white magic and some black magic(like Distract and Frazzle), and dINT is the term for nukes. Many RDMs have a max accuracy set, employing as much m.acc/skill as possible per slot. I use a max acc set to land Frazzle II. Once frazzle lands, i will switch to a potency set(stressing int/mnd and enfeebling potency gear i.e estoq sayon+2 and uk uxkaj boots) to land para/distract/slow etc. if i get resisted still or if i know the mob is exceedingly resistant(high incursion or VD fight) i stick to enfeebling solely in max m.acc set. If not stunning, you should always be /SCH, as the storms furnished by /sch cover almost all of your main enfeebles with klimaform providing a noticeable boost to macc.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

No. There is a static cap for debuffs.

For Slow II, for instance, the static cap is dMND=75.
    Distract II's static cap is dMND=50.
    etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well the difference is static but the actual amount will vary by some amount that will probably never be known on soa+ stuff considering how fast they release it and how often it even has different levels associated with it like we did in the old days

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Alright, thanks. Since I've already made this topic, does anybody have an updated gearswap so I have a baseline to compare pieces to?