FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

no praise was necessary for SGA. everyone loved it. i even liked the farscape SG1 team.. though admittedly not as much as richard dean anderson's sg1

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I loved SG1 up and til around Daniel died the first time* and then my interest petered out. It was taken over by SGA instead - David Hewlett and Joe Flanigan were my favs.

SGU I tried to watch but gave up in the middle of the first season after the Scottish guy got abandoned on some planet.

* Edit - I should probably clarify which death lol - the one at the end of season 5 when he dies from radiation poisoning.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I liked SGU, best episode of SGU was when they landed on the planet and ran into thier decendants from their time travel thousands of years ago. Was starting to get really good then they cancelled oh well. But that storyline was the best easily for me. Seeing them read about the history of what happened to them and how they founded the new civ and stuff like that. Even Eli got some azn wife hehe.

Hope the SG1 crew somehow gets a cameo or someting hehe.

Never really liked atlantis honestly.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    Even Eli got some azn wife hehe.
    "...Barnes?!"

(next scene, Eli/Barnes with a baby)

I was rolling.

Also "Holy crap, we dialed Pittsburgh."

Poor, poor Ginn. I really, really wanted to see her survive somehow.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

they could have ended the series right there

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Let's not let nostalgia cloud us, most of the first season of SGU was incredibly boring. It didn't pick up until several episodes in, after it had lost a lot of the audience that it needed to preserve from SGA and SG1 and once you lose an audience it is next to impossible to get it back.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Only ever saw the movie, but loved it...cautiously optimistic

Still watch the original movie, still love it. The show was different to the movie by leaps and bounds. Following series I have not watched but heard good things, also which were different to the previous iterations.

At the end of the day, the only constant in the Stargate series universe is that they have all brought something different and unique. As long as they maintain the general lore, they can't go wrong. Sadly this will probably only be a direct reboot of the original as they couldn't possibly try to reference show material that a large majority of viewers will have no clue about. I could see them changing the setting and general timeline of the original. Maybe an Origin of them finding the gate and reactivation?

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Stargate has run it's course imo. It's been going strong for so damn long, there hasn't been a long enough break from the last series to garner enough interest.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hrm, I'll have to let my wife know about this. I introduced her to Stargate, but now she's a bigger fan than I.

One of my favorite episodes of SGA was the one where they found the woman in cryostasis only to find out it was Elizabeth.

The first time I saw the SGA episode with the first DR's demise I had been watching it and getting into it. Then I hit the return button and switched channels and when I hit return again it started off where the episode was instead of the buffered part (I had paused a few times) to show someone standing around a goddamn casket. I was pretty upset.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Somehow I missed it but Joe Mallozzi evidently did basically a play-out of everything they had planned for the start of SGU Season 3. It's old news for most but since I used to read his blog and totally missed it, I figured I'd post it here. Kinda disappointed that they basically didn't have long-term plans for Ginn.

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...ght-have-been/

I only started re-examining this because I happened to see a Dairy Queen ad with David Blue in it (Eli Wallace).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    Let's not let nostalgia cloud us, most of the first season of SGU was incredibly boring. It didn't pick up until several episodes in, after it had lost a lot of the audience that it needed to preserve from SGA and SG1 and once you lose an audience it is next to impossible to get it back.
    SGU tried to be a hybrid SG-BSG that ended up as glib political drama staring 20-somethings and ingenious idiots acting out highschool conflicts. I actually couldn't sit through them by season 2, but got to them eventually. Liked the other shows, but things really changed by the time SGA started. And, by S9... the show writers must have turned to the scifi/fantasy section of a bookstore for story arc ideas.

I liked the movie but, the indigenous Abedos population scenes aren't something i can sit through anymore (bunny-way doesn't stay funny) , so i haven't watched in in many years. A new trilogy with blockbuster special effects could be great.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just rewatched SGU and like others have said, the show really found its stride in the second half of S2.

Really funny, decent stories, good character development. Got much better once everything stopped being drama drama drama. Would've loved to see more with the direction they were going with Eli / Volker / Brody / Park.