1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you are able to dodge weight of the land and landslide, there is really only one difficult thing about the Titan Ex fight: bombs. You must know how to handle every type and layout of bombs. The one thing I see people doing terribly wrong all the time when bombs are involved is moving incorrectly, getting hit by the bomb they're standing on, then moving again to a different set and getting hit again. If you get hit by a bomb and survive, stand still dammit as you're now in an open spot!

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Titan EX these days is easy. Most deaths in the current iteration are from:

1) 9-bomb square + landslide: people lose their heads during bomb drop trying to figure out where to go then either eat two sets of bombs or get knocked off by landslide
    2) Double plumes with a group that doesn't know wtf they're doing

I hadn't done Titan EX is like 6+ months. We did it a few days ago for a friend and the only damage I took the entire fight was from Stomps and Titan SP.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

yeah I think I just need to give it a shot and accept that there may be a few deaths while I get used to the fight. DSL is not a friend to mechanics in general, but especially not Titan's mechanics.

bombs I'm ok with; I learned on Hard that if you can't avoid them, one is usually survivable. better to avoid them overall but in the heat of battle shit happens.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Remember that the bombs in Ex have a larger explosion radius, and higher damage. However, dying to a bomb means your body is still on the map. Above all, don't get hit by landslide.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The other thing is stacking as a group to bait landslides that occur during bombs in last phase so you don't block someone off from being able to dodge the bombs safely.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If my GF and I decide to play this game. I'd be on PC and she would be on PS4. Some questions:

-Will we need to pay for 2 Entry accounts? Or does Standard cover for the both of us?
    -How is this game on 1 internet connection?
    -How playable is it as a couple? Will we need to form annoying parties to level?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    bombs I'm ok with; I learned on Hard that if you can't avoid them
    All of the bombs can be avoided.

Circle bombs -> just run to the first one after it explodes

Cross bombs -> there's 4 big safe spots

Row bombs -> stand with the last row to drop, middle row will always explode first, run to the middle as soon as they do

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

You'd most likely need 2 either way since you'll have to buy a separate PS4 / PC key to be able to play on the specific platform.

If you're planning on playing together, then you'll definitely need to pay for 2 accounts.

Ummm, last time I tried to play on mobile connection I used like 200mb in a night. Though I was also on TS which would have inflated the numbers.

If you're playing as a couple, if 1 of you is playing Tank or Healer ( or both! ) then you'll have no real issues with getting queues. There's no EXP parties if that's what you're thinking, just queues for instanced dungeons.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

with today's gear

just eat a bomb. stand on top of it and eat it

no problems

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I did some Titan EX a few days ago with a couple of new people and got it on Twitch if you wanna check it out in video form. http://www.twitch.tv/nartnala/b/653784891

There are different sets of bombs that you need to learn base on the phase Titan is at.
    Pre-Heart:
    • Clock - Niiro explained this one already. http://i.imgur.com/ZxNE78Q.jpg
    • Half - Bombs fill up one half of the arena. Just move to the side without bombs.

Post-Heart:

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is there anything that we know is going to not be available after HW comes out, that I should fast-track to get done?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Nothing should be outright unavailable but if you want anything with soldiery or poetics you might want it now since it'll probably get moved to dungeons or something.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So I'm looking at my 50 Whm and wondering where to go for gear next. I don't have a FC and my overall iLvl is somewhere in the 30s. I have all of my AF, and an iLvl 52 staff. What dungeons should I be grinding to help out with my situation?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

WoD if you can get in. If you can't get in, buy some crappy SB gear and go in anyways. >____> Healing requirements in there are pretty lax.

If you haven't finished the storyline yet, that's what I'd work on. You should have enough soldiery to upgrade your equipment + get a soldiery weapon tomestone from ST.

When your ilvl is high enough then work on WoD.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Try to get your relic weapon to i90 if possible just to push your ilv up a bit (WoD is only i90)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I've done raids up to WoD, but not Coil due to lack of interest. What should my iLevel be as a tank to be useful?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

i100 is plenty to get you through all non-second/final coil content.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Is the BG linkshell still active? If so could I get an invite? Character name is Billy Bobe on Gilgamesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I've done raids up to WoD, but not Coil due to lack of interest. What should my iLevel be as a tank to be useful?
    Have you done any ex primals? I'd say if you can tank Ramuh or Shiva ex you're more than ready to start coil.