1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Is there any site/s that have class guides on them? main 2 im looking for is Smn + Drg. With Smn im more or less sure of what im doing but its just im not totally sure of secondary stats value in general and with changing from upgraded law gear into Alex gear some pieces have me wondering if the change is worth it or not.

Drg its only lvl 43 that im lvling slowly i just want to make sure im doing things in right order since im not sure that i am although im in dungeon roulette mostly so never really get to playing at lvl im at which may make it worse .

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Thanks! i was just googling around trying to get a answer about my stat query just found something if any Smn is able to verify this secondary stat priority should go: crit>det>spell speed?

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Nem0 View Post
    Thanks! i was just googling around trying to get a answer about my stat query just found something if any Smn is able to verify this secondary stat priority should go: crit>det>spell speed?
    Secondary stat priority for all jobs now: Just focus on increasing your ilv.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Figured I would post this here

Trying to set up WTFast since FIOS sucks during prime time use. I'm logging in as a free user with no account and set up FF14 using the custom game option. I have both the Executable and Launcher lines set to ffxivboot.exe but there's no data being detected by the app after the game launches. What am I doing wrong here?

EDIT: Scratch the question. Figured it out.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Figured I would post this here

Trying to set up WTFast since FIOS sucks during prime time use. I'm logging in as a free user with no account and set up FF14 using the custom game option. I have both the Executable and Launcher lines set to ffxivboot.exe but there's no data being detected by the app after the game launches. What am I doing wrong here?

EDIT: Scratch the question. Figured it out.
    I know you figured it out, but if anyone else has the same problems...

I just use the Listed Games option and select XIV + ARR. I'm on FiOS as well. Usually have about an 86ms latency, WTFast using listed games puts me down to about 12ms.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Is there a difference between logging out in a sanctuary and using a Comfy Bed in an Inn to log out? I bought private quarters and don't have the Comfy bed option in there despite buying a bed.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Inn beds gives you a "get out of bed" CS upon login, whereas you just appear right outside your house/FC house.

Hello,
    Since FF14 has a different leveling system than 11, does this make all jobs viable? For example, in 11 no one really liked BSTs. Or BLMs could never get parties so they had to make their own BLM parties. BLMs are obviously great in endgame content, but what about leveling up otherwise?

Is it still PLDs and WHMs get the fastest invites and DPS have to wait?

I've always wanted to be a BLM but I was a MNK and SAM in 11 and wanted to start a new "career" as something different in 14.

Thanks a lot.

Oh and...What is the most populated server? Thanks a lot

You used to have to log out in an inn to gain rested xp, but they changed that many patches ago.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeltMNK View Post
    Hello,
    Since FF14 has a different leveling system than 11, does this make all jobs viable? For example, in 11 no one really liked BSTs. Or BLMs could never get parties so they had to make their own BLM parties. BLMs are obviously great in endgame content, but what about leveling up otherwise?

Is it still PLDs and WHMs get the fastest invites and DPS have to wait?

I've always wanted to be a BLM but I was a MNK and SAM in 11 and wanted to start a new "career" as something different in 14.

Thanks a lot.
    You should take a look at one of the many FFXIV wikis. This game's structure is wholly different from XI.

All the significant PT mechanics are within instanced dungeons or Primal (Avatar) encounter arenas. These are usually matched through the Duty Finder utility that automatically puts together your PT with 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 DPS. The 2 DPS can be any of the DD jobs, this includes BLM. Any tank or healer job will get a party quickly through the duty finder (usually) simply because there are less healer and tanks than DPS.

As far as end game goes, PLDs right now are at the bottom of the tank rankings. BLMs are also generally near the bottom of the DPS rankings along with MCH and BRD I believe. That doesn't mean they won't be adjusted at some point, but at this point in time WAR is the top tank and SMN seems to be the top DPS.

AS far as servers, there are so damn many it doesn't really matter which one you choose. Each server is placed in a cluster and that cluster is where the Duty Finder pulls people from. You'll be playing with people across 3 or so servers I think it is.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The "party environment" you know of in ffxi isn't exactly the same as xiv due to the nature of Duty Finder. This pulls together 1 tank 1 healer and 2 dps from any server on your data center to form a party. Because of this, your job within this holy trinity is not really relevant until 8 person boss fights and even then there isn't much reason to omit or search for certain jobs until the late late game.

As far as most populated server, I'm looking through a list and it looks like Balmung is in the #1 spot right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    You should take a look at one of the many FFXIV wikis. This game's structure is wholly different from XI.

All the significant PT mechanics are within instanced dungeons or Primal (Avatar) encounter arenas. These are usually matched through the Duty Finder utility that automatically puts together your PT with 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 DPS. The 2 DPS can be any of the DD jobs, this includes BLM. Any tank or healer job will get a party quickly through the duty finder (usually) simply because there are less healer and tanks than DPS.

As far as end game goes, PLDs right now are at the bottom of the tank rankings. BLMs are also generally near the bottom of the DPS rankings along with MCH and BRD I believe. That doesn't mean they won't be adjusted at some point, but at this point in time WAR is the top tank and SMN seems to be the top DPS.

AS far as servers, there are so damn many it doesn't really matter which one you choose. Each server is placed in a cluster and that cluster is where the Duty Finder pulls people from. You'll be playing with people across 3 or so servers I think it is.
    WAR as top tank and SMN as top DPS......Never thought I'd see that lol. Thanks a lot for the input. I'll be leveling most jobs for subjob access anyways so endgame doesn't matter too much at the moment, but it's nice to see a general roadmap of what is favored because people can be biased when looking for people, it happens in every MMO. There's always a few preferred jobs/roles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    The "party environment" you know of in ffxi isn't exactly the same as xiv due to the nature of Duty Finder. This pulls together 1 tank 1 healer and 2 dps from any server on your data center to form a party. Because of this, your job within this holy trinity is not really relevant until 8 person boss fights and even then there isn't much reason to omit or search for certain jobs until the late late game.

As far as most populated server, I'm looking through a list and it looks like Balmung is in the #1 spot right now.
    Ok I see, I figured so. FF is an endgame heavy MMO so I shouldn't worry until I even get there. Thanks a lot.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ok I see, I figured so. FF is an endgame heavy MMO so I shouldn't worry until I even get there. Thanks a lot.
    14 is not an endgame heavy MMO. It has one endgame event and tells hard core raiders to go fuck themselves the other six days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    14 is not an endgame heavy MMO. It has one endgame event and tells hard core raiders to go fuck themselves the other six days a week.
    Oh I see lol. That sucks I was unaware. Well I guess it's the journey that matters. The game is still new though so I guess more stuff will come.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Oh I see lol. That sucks I was unaware. Well I guess it's the journey that matters. The game is still new though so I guess more stuff will come.
    Yes, this is what many of us keep telling ourselves, every patch...

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

C'mon don't put him off lol

BlackBeltMNK: Can I give you a referral code? Think of it like the gold ticket/refer a friend thing in FFXI. You and I will get unique items; http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...riend_recruit/
    Note -- you don't need to join up on my server

Also to echo what others are saying about it different from FFXI, it's a step up in pace in battles. Whereas previously you'd autoattack, hit a few abilities and weaponskill, this game your constantly pushing a button every 2~3 seconds, on top of dodging moves from monsters.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Seriously, don't let the haters get you down. I've had more fun in this game in the last four months than I ever had in seven years of FFXI. Give it a try, if anything just take the stories in.