1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    On the one hand: bitch please you can't walk halfway across the courtyard to tell someone something yourself? Goddamn lazy NPCs.

On the other hand: 7k xp for less than sixty seconds of work... ok, fair enough.

Hit 42 this weekend. anticipating 50 by the weekend after... MAYBE this coming weekend, but we'll see. I don't XP outside of duty roulettes and challenge log because I like to keep my time spent/xp earned ratio high.

Also, as I alluded to in a couple of other threads: Titan get! pickup group, we wiped maybe four or five times. Titan is definitely a step up from everything else so far. Landslide is really hard to dodge on my connection... it's the first element of the game so far that has made me consider moving from DSL to ethernet. I ended up just moving up close so when it did hit me (which was often, I'm sorry to say) I could just heal out of it instead of being pushed off the edge. glad I came as SCH though; the extra DPS pushed us through Titan's Heart on the final win. which, by the way, we did with one person left at 300ish HP because I messed up and got pushed off the edge right at the end of the fight. whatever, a win's a win!

also, Landslide is really confusing as a healer because I kept trying to find bodies to raise before I realized they had been pushed off the edge. just saying.

in regards to XP the only thing I've had to cut back on is the levequests - getting five different plates is a no-brainer and easy XP, but doing 20 of them is just plain unnecessary unless you have time (and plates) to burn.

also, I have no freaking clue what's going on in the story because I stopped caring and embraced the ESC button. I'm ok with this. except when Y'shtola is talking, because she's awesome.
    Oh boy. If normal Titan is difficult. God spead to you with hard and ex mode. Normal primals is pretty much simple memorization. Eventually either you get it or someone will carry you through it. Titan is pretty much the cockblock to the rest of the story

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

If you want fast EXP and don't care about the fun factor, you can try your hand at FATE PTs in Northern Thanalan if there are still a few.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

huh I hadn't thought about that. FATEs are that good of XP? I might... and I might not; I do love running dungeons. suggestion appreciated regardless!

new question:

does anyone know why the launcher will tell me there's a queue of 7 people and then I try to log in again and it works? and then other times it tells me there's a queue of 1 person and I try to log in for a half hour and it keeps saying "nope, still 1 person in queue motherfucker!"

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

For DPS that was the usual route to take for EXP due to the 30+ minute wait time. And if you have a shitty group, it's just a gigantic waste of time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fates are generally the best bang for your buck EXP-wise.

Also make sure you do every guildhest on each job you level. Huge easy exp.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I think there's a bug since patch with the one person in queue thing. Fate parties are decent exp... Used to be the best exp pre-nerf. Unless you're in a rush to get to 50 I wouldn't bother too much with that, and if you are in a rush, I'd Google dd exp runs or av exp runs instead.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

ah it makes sense now... I forgot about DD queues lol. SCH is my gravy train to 50; I haven't touched SMN or ACN since I unlocked it (except for quests).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fate parties in NT are nice when the party you're in have a couple of geared WHM/DPS farming alexandrites. Burn through mobs very easily and you can wear lv45 gears for spiritbond. Also, because the mobs are near your level, you get pretty decent EXP.

Just recently got my WAR to 50 and made decent money doing that.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Also make sure you do every guildhest on each job you level. Huge easy exp.
    Please, please, please do this. Don't be a lame-o and not do every single guildhest as every job. (You get a 1st time completion bonus for each guildhest for each job)

Funny thing I still don't have them all unlocked. Just speed doing them after the required storyline ones

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    Please, please, please do this. Don't be a lame-o and not do every single guildhest as every job. (You get a 1st time completion bonus for each guildhest for each job)
    Caveat : the queue for the last guildhest ("Solemn Trinity") is often ridiculous for DPS classes and sometimes even healer job classes, sometimes to the point of taking over an hour to queue where other guildhests take less than ten minutes. It's worth a shot, but if the timer's going over twenty minutes, don't bother.

The rest of them are generally worthwhile, though.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I have never even done a single guildhest. I don't even have them unlocked.

DON'T JUDGE ME I'M NEW

well I was new... hit 43 last night, that's not really new I suppose.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Sorry to highjack thread im thinking of giving this a try coming from XI where i used keyboard and mouse only should i use my pc with xbox pad/keyboard +mouse or play on my ps4?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I have never even done a single guildhest. I don't even have them unlocked.

DON'T JUDGE ME I'M NEW

well I was new... hit 43 last night, that's not really new I suppose.
    They eventually get forced on you during the MSQ 2.1 content. Qarn Normal as well, though the text makes an amusing meta comment about adventurers avoiding it because of the horrible reputation. Qarn is the first optional dungeon and at launch, was the only one to feature instant death mechanics. Final Sting from FFXI was there as well, and usually gibbed tanks because people are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nem0 View Post
    Sorry to highjack thread im thinking of giving this a try coming from XI where i used keyboard and mouse only should i use my pc with xbox pad/keyboard +mouse or play on my ps4?
    Both kb+m and controllers work pretty well. Keyboard and mouse will be inherently superior to controller, but controller is perfectly capable on its own merits.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

feel free to hijack; we don't really have a "random question" thread in here... though we should.

Qarn is next on my list because it's blocking my Grand Company hunting log progression. I read up on it and... yeah. I am afraid lol. but I'm also excited!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

feel free to hijack; we don't really have a "random question" thread in here... though we should.

Qarn is next on my list because it's blocking my Grand Company hunting log progression. I read up on it and... yeah. I am afraid lol. but I'm also excited!
    Qarn is a joke compared to what it was before (which was still a joke but w/e) lol

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So many fails in original qarn cause people couldn't get doom off and kill bees at the same time. Was a big step up in difficulty.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

so much information. thank you!

also, one more thought on the game: Ul'dah has the best music. the BEST music. Thanalan is really good too; I think I'll make this area my home base for now.

edit: one more thought: "If you want to blame someone for the mess this world's in, then blame yourself or the gods" is one of the most oddly satisfying references I've ever seen.
    Both of those areas had even better tracks in 1.0

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

quick question:

what's the best way to get grand company seals quick? my hunting log is locked until I rank up, so that's out. I've turned in all my extra gear so that's out. I assume supply and provisioning quests? idk, never done those. I have ~2kish and I want crested barding, which is 8k.

also, once I get it I'll post a picture of Joss. I spent the money and got his color changed... ice blue, though the recipe said it would be white. close enough, he still looks awesome.

What I do is run trials (preferably bright light farming ones). During bright light people would rush through the fight and leave the duty quickly, leaving the loot up for grabs. I then trade those in to get GC seals.

Edit: but best way is to take up crafting and then trade in the green colored crafted items ;o

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast