1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Juran Harvey
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For GC seals I normally just trade in gear from dungeons. Don't forget your GC hunt log as well. Every fate you do gives seals, and if need be you can do the GC leve quests. Personally I wouldn't waste leves on that if you plan to level crafting but it's up to you.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I don't plan on crafting at any point, I've done the hunting log as far as I can until I rank up, and I have no gear left from dungeons to trade in... I guess levequests is the best way to spam for GC seals right now? I don't need them but I wanted to take a break from leveling and get that sweet sweet chocobo barding.

Just do GC leves.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Just do GC leves.
    To elaborate on this idea, I've found the best GC leves to burn are the ones in Whitebrim that have a single target (that also happens to spawn adds that you can ignore if you're geared enough). There's one in the Maelstrom section (Someone's Got A Big Mouth), and one in the Twin Adder section (Talk To My Voidsent). These are generally better than Mor Dhona ones because of the time it takes to walk to the Mor Dhona leve location, whereas the Whitebrim ones are RIGHT outside of Whitebrim. Mor Dhona obviously becomes superior if you only have a limited number of leve credits to use, and/or time spent is less important.

This is perhaps not the best advice for a 'new player' thread, however, since these are probably only fastest once you're strong enough to blaze through them while completely ignoring the adds.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I probably am. on SCH I can pretty much DPS while ignoring anything that's coming at me when I'm solo. in any case I have 99 leves to use so... lol. might as well work toward the 20 leve challenge log entry, though there's really no reason at this point - XP is like water, and I only have 3 levels left.

that brings up another question: what happens to XP when you hit 50? do you get something else, like XI's merit points? or is it just wasted reward?

yeah I'm not really a new player anymore lol. not a vet either, and still have tons of questions... but not new.

on another note: Qarn was a lot of fun. I could see it being hell if the DPS didn't know their job, but everyone was on the ball. the last boss was fun as hell with all those lasers and dodging and throwing succor out all over the place. one of the few times I've felt like I was actually a healer, not a healer/DPS hybrid.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You just stop earning EXP at 50.

Once you've exhausted quests, taking any other job to 50 requires FATEs, Leves, Dungeons, challenge logs, and whatever else that usually brings in exp.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

well that sucks. might as well start focusing on story quests, then. I'm level 47ish and just finished Lord of Crags... if I wait until 50 that's a ton of XP going to waste.

thanks for all the info, you guys are awesome.

If you ever want to level up crafting/gathering, you may not want to burn through your leves too quickly...

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

More specifically, if you want to level up crafting or gathering in the next 2 weeks, as you'll regenerate a full set of 99 leves in 17 days.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

How the fuck did you get to 47 w/o the MSQ exp what the hell dude

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

low-level duty roulettes on SCH. such ridiculous XP for such a short amount of time.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

That bonus is once a day and a set % of your tnl; that doesn't answer my question were you like purposefully avoiding the MSQ or some shit man wtf

like not even the lore nerd in me is mad, the fucking human in me is upset b/c you're going to waste so much time going back and doing those quests now since you need it to attune to pretty much everything going forward

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I only play for about an hour a day - full-time work and part-time school - so that works perfectly for me.

it's not that I was avoiding the quests, just that once I finish my daily duty roulette I'm generally done for the day. get in, get the bonus, get out.

weekends are a different story... weekends I have the time, I'd just rather not deal with endless fetching and pointless dialogue. which I have to just gut through because I want the rewards (like Garuda!)

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you're on lord of crags and you're 47, you'll prolly hit 50 just off story. There is a lot of freaking quests between 34 and 50, lol.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Most of those being, "hey, warrior of light, I know you're super busy and all, but could you break this rock? It's super important."

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Back to the GC seal topic, if you're in a FC that is just sitting on a couple hundred thousand FC points, you can ask for the Bonus Seals buff. All FC buffs lasts for 24 hours so if you have extra playtime this weekend, try to ask for it on saturday afternoon.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I'll try that, thanks.

in MSQ news, here's a riddle for you:

what's worse than "go there, click on this thing, come back"?

Spoiler: show
    go there, click on this thing, wait fiveish seconds in a blatant attempt by the developers to stretch the game out, do this four times, talk to a guy, then do it four more times. oh also one of the things is the corpse of your good friend, so yeah, have fun with that.

fucking christ that quest.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I'm not even going to spoiler this but the length of time it takes you to pick up the body depends on the size of it. The roegadyn's body takes the longest time to pick up, while the lalafell and sylph take the least. As for why you have to do it one at a time w/e

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wait till you get to the soup.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I'll try that, thanks.

in MSQ news, here's a riddle for you:

what's worse than "go there, click on this thing, come back"?

Spoiler: show
    go there, click on this thing, wait fiveish seconds in a blatant attempt by the developers to stretch the game out, do this four times, talk to a guy, then do it four more times. oh also one of the things is the corpse of your good friend, so yeah, have fun with that.

fucking christ that quest.
    Eh, you haven't gotten to the quests where it's. Talk to Boobs in office. Go outside, talk to Midget. Go Inside, talk to Boobs [Repeat 10 times].

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast