BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    What I mean is like, if you cast fire in single fire weather on watersday with old fire obi, you would get forced +10% fire bonus, but the normal chance of -10% fire penalty. With the new obi, you would always get that watersday penalty, so it's just a waste of an equipment slot in that scenario.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying?
    Ah I see you meant different weather and day things... then yes I believe that would be what happened but as it has turned to lights day I don't have the ability to test it out easily enough to bother tonight. So in those specific situations yes it would be worse however that can easily be avoided. Also should note though that in certain specific situations it can be better for dmg...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Side note I don't have enough belt/gorgets to make that recipe but the obi was pretty easy. 20 light/dark. 50 or 60 thunder and ice. Was off by 2-4 on each element still succeed first time solo no need to repair at all
    The other two follow the same system, with two of the remaining elements and light/dark.

Foita Belt: 50 Wind, 50 Water, 20 Light, 20 Dark
    Foita Gorget: 50 Fire, 50 Earth, 20 Light, 20 Dark
    Hachirin-no-Obi: 50 Ice, 50 Lightning, 20 Light, 20 Dark

Also light/dark are stupidly annoying elements. -_- If they both surge and go too high you gotta restart. Soloed all three of mine and that was the only thing that messed me up.

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm not getting some parts of the update notes:

* Equipment with attributes that vary based on Unity ranking do so regardless of time of day, weather, or latent effects.
    The way this is worded confuses me.
    Do they mean to say that the variable "unity concord: XXX" bonus is active regardless of the item's other latent effects?
    Or that the latent is not a real latent and always activates despite of the prerequisites as long as you activate the Unity Concord one?

Anybody got a full list of Job Points, Gifts and where to get/craft the Puppetmaster new attachments?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Also light/dark are stupidly annoying elements. -_- If they both surge and go too high you gotta restart. Soloed all three of mine and that was the only thing that messed me up.
    It was fairly lenient though like I said I was 4 away

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post

Do they mean to say that the variable "unity concord: XXX" bonus is active regardless of the item's other latent effects?
    Or that the latent is not a real latent and always activates despite of the prerequisites as long as you activate the Unity Concord one?

Anybody got a full list of Job Points, Gifts and where to get/craft the Puppetmaster new attachments?
    That particular part of the notes is prolly related to the new vampire earring, since even the Unity stuff comes after the time requirement. So it's probably just a preemptive note so people don't go "OMG I ONLY GET UNITY AT NIGHT".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post

It just means Unity: is separate from dusk till dawn:

Campaign
    BG Level

Because getting rid of the dusk to dawn latent effect was clearly too much too ask (maybe with smaller stats), inorite?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

WAR:
    JP- Increase chance to retaliate +1
    JP- Reduce time to max Restraint WS bonus by 2%
    Gift #1- Crit Hit Bonus +5%
    Gift #2- Double Attack +2%
    Gift #3- CP Bonus +13%
    Gift #4- Crit Damage +2%
    Gift #5- Phys Defense +15
    Gift #6- CP Bonus +15%
    Gift #7- Phys Attack/RAtk +15

MNK:
    JP- Footwork damage +1
    JP- Perfect Counter VIT bonus +1
    Gift #1- Martial Arts +5
    Gift #2- Subtle Blow +2%
    Gift #3- CP Bonus +13%
    Gift #4- Counter +2%
    Gift #5- Phys Defense +8
    Gift #6- CP Bonus +15%
    Gift #5- Phys Attack/RAtk +12

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ok, Yorcia Alluvion is no joke.

Entrance is similar to the other Alluvion zones. Tag a Cairn to enter. You spawn near a "Marchland" which is what you have to defend. The monster Stronghold is further in. Monsters spawn from the Stronghold pretty quickly. We were overwhelmed within minutes and wiped. We saw several Acuex spawn, a Matamata, and an Elemental before we wiped fully.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post

Entrance is similar to the other Alluvion zones. Tag a Cairn to enter. You spawn near a "Marchland" which is what you have to defend. The monster Stronghold is further in. Monsters spawn from the Stronghold pretty quickly. We were overwhelmed within minutes and wiped. We saw several Acuex spawn, a Matamata, and an Elemental before we wiped fully.
    Did you manage to kill any of them? If so did you get whatever points you are supposed to get from it? iirc they said those points are used to summon monsters to your side

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post

What was your job setup for this?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Zalrik21 View Post
    What was your job setup for this?
    Very much a science experiment just to see what happens. It was a 1/1/1/Sash set, went with 5 pet jobs and a COR. The mobs hit EXTREMELY hard. Saw 500+ dmg on pt members, and 650+ on the Marchland (our camp)

Highly recommend a PLD with WHM support to possibly hold mobs while others whittle down the monster Stronghold.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

One of the Dark Knight job points implies that SE still plans to up the cap from 10; it's still valid if the cap will never go above 10, but it's pretty awkwardly worded if so.

Nether Void Effect
    Increases the amount absorbed by dark magic spells while under the effects of Nether Void.
    Increase amount by 2%.
    Increase the number of statuses absorbed by Absorb-Attri by 1 per 10 points.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanos View Post
    Sadly, Storms II don't give more + stats than Storms I. I guess I was hoping for too much on that one.
    Noooooooooo
    You serious? I was dreaming about that sigh :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    SMN:
    Avatar's Favor, +3 second potency starting duration per point
    Ehr... what does this mean? Ward buffs get additional duration or something if you use them with Favor up?

-5 sec bp recast (!)
    Hope this is BPII, someone tested it?

+5 smn skill
    Can now break the SMN skill avatar's favor tier!!! If you got perfect gear and perma-equip it. So pretty much still unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Maxing out Tenuto means an extra 20 seconds to all songs. At 30/30 it'll be an extra 60 seconds...who needs mythic?
    Having to use Tenuto before each song would make you time out on Nitro if you have to give songs to multipel pts, in addition to being annoying.
    Also if you use Tenuto you cannot Pianissimo.
    Also Tenutoing songs means you will never be able to overwrite them, meaning you'd have to wait until they expire and then cast fakes again and then overwriting them. Pretty inconvenient.
    Last but not least, I'm not sure about it but I think Tenuto only works for yourself? It's why the JA was even introduced back at level 75, so you could cast songs, keep some on yourself and then give other songs to pt members without being worried to overwrite the ones on you.
    Not 100% sure, but I think I recall this is how Tenuto works (sorry, haven't used the JA since merit pts at 75...)
    Pretty lame if you ask me.
    I'm still very unconvinced by the lame JPs and Gifts bard got. Threnodies 2 maybe will make it more worth to cast them though, so I can't complain.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Did you manage to kill any of them? If so did you get whatever points you are supposed to get from it? iirc they said those points are used to summon monsters to your side
    No, we didn't kill a thing. We got overwhelmed VERY quickly. Also, SMN magic BP did 4k to the Acuex and it MAYBE took off 10% health? These things look to have a shitload of HP.

Ehr... what does this mean? Ward buffs get additional duration or something if you use them with Favor up?
    When you summon an avatar or activate favor, the favor potency starts off as if 30 seconds had already passed (3 seconds per point, up to 30).

Hope this is BPII, someone tested it?
    It is, but supposedly BPII caps out at 15, which means we stop at 30 seconds.

Can now break the SMN skill avatar's favor tier!!! If you got perfect gear and perma-equip it. So pretty much still unrealistic.
    Perfect perfect, sadly

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Not-So-Clean Bill (new Adoulin quest)

Spoiler: show

Svenja's Manor in Western Adoulin
    Borghest at Morimar Frontier Station
    Fritha at Foret Frontier Station
    Foreboding Vineprints at J-10 in Foret (very close to Biv #2, just head west a bit)
    Examine Vineprints again to spawn Pungent Patricia, pretty easy Morbol NM. Thought I would be heading into a BC like the Dullahan battle last update so didn't even have trusts out. One SA Rudra's was enough to nearly kill it, dunno if it uses Extremely Bad Breath or charm, only move it got off was Vampiric Lash.
    Head to the Hospital (just around the corner from Svenja's Manor) for your reward of 100 limit points, 1000 bayld and... Glorious Earring, a WHM onry piece with MP +30, Enmity -5 and Cure potency II +2%. Also got the title of Good Dew-er.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanos View Post
    Oh and the obi works both for AND against you
    You mean for magic damage received?
    You're telling this in theory, based on past obi experiences, or you actually tested the new one?

Also the gorget/belts say +10% ws dmg now... wonder if that is true. For some assuming it works like normal only on first it it could be a huge nerf for others a huge gain.
    This concerns me.
    Wonder if it's a bad translation (can anybody check JP text?) or they really changed the bonus, in which case it would be pretty lame.
    Well it would be good for some WSs but bad for others.
    I dunno, it's confusing. Maybe it's just a silly text and the effect is just the same though?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, I made my gorget/belt already.

What would be the ideal ws/conditions to test so I can see if I did something dumb and have to refarm?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

How do you do these synergy recipes. I always get a badass leak when i'm near, or i overshoot light and then hard to balance it with dark. So frustrating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast